PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
If I am reading this right the team that trades for him would only be on the hook for the remaining salaries ($1.5 M in 2018). Given the the Seahawks have lost all leverage by basically stating they will cut him he should be able to be picked up for cheap, maybe a 5th or 6th rounder. Seems like a no brainer.

"ESPN's Brady Henderson reports the Seahawks are "shopping" Michael Bennett."
Michael Bennett - Seattle Seahawks - 2018 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Salaries
12/30/2016: Signed a four-year, $39 million contract. The deal contains $17.5 million guaranteed, including an $8 million signing bonus.
2018: $1.5 million, 2019: $6 million, 2020: $7.5 million, 2021: Free Agent

1322517608891.png

He also has a $4 million roster bonus due in a couple weeks that his new team would be responsible for.

Personally, I expect that he’ll just be released before that bonus is due, and then he can sign with the team that offers whatever combination of money, role, and success that he wants.

Last edited:
Oh, get the Bennet brothers on the same team for a Superbowl run!!! Plus that Bills Linebacker, Hightower back, and maybe one or two value pashrushers...Edelmen back, Gronk, Bennet, Dola, Mitchell, and Cooks...I'm salivating at the thought.

He is the king of D-Line offside/False Start

With some coaching from the Pats, I bet they could weed that weakness out of his game.

He also has a $4 million roster bonus due in a couple weeks that his new team would be responsible for.

Personally, I expect that he’ll just be released before that bonus is due, and then he can sign with the team that offers whatever combination of money, role, and success that he wants.

Yep. No one is going to help Schneider out. He's gotten himself into this pickle.

Why?? because we have better??:confused: yeah he comes with an attitude and baggage... but it's not like this Team couldn't use his attitude on D. The Bennett Brothers on the same Team I can live with that.:cool:
I can’t imagine his *****ing about the local police department to the media would go over well with Belichick.

I can’t imagine his *****ing about the local police department to the media would go over well with Belichick.

Well one thing we can agree on Micheal Bennett ain't no mute.:)

With roster and workout bonuses that stay with the contract, Bennett is about $5.65M for 2018, IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes