PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm prone to hyperbole.

Bennett is such a perfect it here, I'm going to just throw my hands up and shake my head if they don't sign him.

Battled through knee injuries last season. Plays in a 4-3 scheme. So not a perfect fit imo. Good player though.

Bill can correct his false start issues, we need more terror on defense.

I don't like him, but if there's anyone who can control him, is Bill.

He's better than everyone, but T. Flowers

If we don't sign him I will go buy a high powered assault rifle, go down to Patriot place, walk up to Bill Belichick and say

"TAKE THIS GUN AND SHOOT ME CAUSE YOU ALREADY KILLED MY HEART"

See, I went in a different direction than you guys thought.

I'm prone to hyperbole.

Bennett is such a perfect it here, I'm going to just throw my hands up and shake my head if they don't sign him.

Well, that's fair. I've been known to throw up my hands and shake my head, and even stomp around a bit while cursing, over far less important matters.

:)

How far did that talk get you last year ?

Wait! He said that LAST YEAR, TOO!!

Well! That explains everything!

Imma call Vito down in Joisey to go have a little confab wid dis guy.

Oh, get the Bennet brothers on the same team for a Superbowl run!!! Plus that Bills Linebacker, Hightower back, and maybe one or two value pashrushers...Edelmen back, Gronk, Bennet, Dola, Mitchell, and Cooks...I'm salivating at the thought.
Scrub

On one condition:

When we play GB this year, make him inactive. Rodgers makes him look like a clown with those HUT-hut snap counts.

Watch any GB Seattle game. The guy falls for it every. damn. time. Great player, but seems to have the IQ of a peanut. :cool:

I don't like him, but if there's anyone who can control him, is Bill.

He's better than everyone, but T. Flowers

Could care less about liking/disliking a player. More concerned about whether he can still be a handful for opposing offenses.

Benett has, and can effectively play all over the line. He can pretty much play every line position except OLB

My response was he's not a perfect fit. Here's why I think that and I'm open to opinions because I admit I'm no expert but do enjoy the discussion.

I've read and linked articles here regarding BB's preference for 3-4 type players which is different than 4-3 type players. That doesn't mean they don't line up in 4-3 because they do but they do it with 3-4 personnel.

Bennett is an excellent 4-3 guy. But I don't think he's a perfect 3-4 fit. He's too big and slow to play the OLB/DE role and slightly lighter than a typical 3-4 DL. Although he's talented enough to offset the size issues on the DL. He's definitely too light to play NT in a 3-4 scheme.

So would he be a good player to have? Sure but he's not a perfect fit imo and I don't see him as a need on this Defense. I see the Pats needs as 1. A large NT and 2. a decent coverage LB.

I dont think he'd have a problem with the local PD... remember those were the guys who kinda just shrugged their shoulders when Chandler Jones was freakin' out on the synthweed

Well, the Blue like to stick together in support of one another. If the Vegas story was blown out of proportion by Michael, I don’t think the police department would forgive that very easily...if not true, it was a punk move.

My response was he's not a perfect fit. Here's why I think that and I'm open to opinions because I admit I'm no expert but do enjoy the discussion.

I've read and linked articles here regarding BB's preference for 3-4 type players which is different than 4-3 type players. That doesn't mean they don't line up in 4-3 because they do but they do it with 3-4 personnel.

Bennett is an excellent 4-3 guy. But I don't think he's a perfect 3-4 fit. He's too big and slow to play the OLB/DE role and slightly lighter than a typical 3-4 DL. Although he's talented enough to offset the size issues on the DL. He's definitely too light to play NT in a 3-4 scheme.

So would he be a good player to have? Sure but he's not a perfect fit imo and I don't see him as a need on this Defense. I see the Pats needs as 1. A large NT and 2. a decent coverage LB.

I wonder how you felt about Andre Carter before he was signed

I agree with this to some extent, but let the 2014 drafting of Dominique Easley be a reminder that Belichick is not afraid to bring in players who defy the typical physical archetype.

The entire DL is built around positional versatility. Flowers, Wise, Butler and Guy move around the line and play different roles. Bennett's versatility allows him to fill two key missing pieces, the interior pass rusher and the edge setting DE.

The question for me is whether that role is worth $7M of cap space and a mid-round pick, or if a cheaper option will be sought out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back