PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Bennett TRADED TO DALLAS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think he’s happy with his playing time. As long as he keeps his mouth shut about it that’s all that matters.

Took awhile for this one, Betrand was trying to schittstir with this one last Friday...

Michael Bennett says it's hard adjusting to what he calls the 'zero role'

He has definitely had a heavy decrease in snaps this year.

Bennett would be the kind of guy to get frustrated and do something drastic like request a release if his playing standard weren’t met.

Maybe there isn’t much to it and his role will increase down the stretch, but probably something worth keeping an eye on.

Could Michael Bennett Be Unhappy With Role?

giphy.gif

I think he’s not having as much fun here as he was in philly ;)

I don't care if he's happy or not, Bennett better fall in line after the favors Belichick gave him this year (a pay raise/multiple excused absences at the beginning of OTAs)

This is a Ben Volin take worthy of F&M. Really. :rolleyes: What could make you think this is even a possibility. Was it bad "body language" or did he once have a frown on his face....or was it gas?

He's a 34 year old veteran whose YOUNGER brother is already retired. He's at the stage where he NEEDS snap management to get through the season. His situation is also much different than Long's was. Long was being asked to play DE in a way much different that what he did before. OTOH, Beenett is being asked to do things that normally utilize the best of his game. In fact if Long was here now in the Bennett role, he wouldn't have left.

Talk about CREATING drama where there is none. :rolleyes: Totally ludicrous, so I guess this will be the prime take between Curran and Felger today. ;)
With all due respect Ken, you were the one making a big deal about the way Jamie Collins celebrated a sack this week. Sounds pretty Volin-esque to me. ;)

Last edited:
could absolutely see this situation ending with Bennett being cut. I’m sure he feels that he deserves to play more, and he would make those feelings known.

could absolutely see this situation ending with Bennett being cut. I’m sure he feels that he deserves to play more, and he would make those feelings known.
I don't think it happens this season, maybe next one (similar to clayborn situation). It's still early and he can get a bigger role during the season and in the playoffs

Meh, not worried.

The man will be playing important snaps down the stretch if he remains healthy.

Pro Football Reference shows the snap counts per game for everyone. For the season, only Butler on the DL is over 50%. Simon isn't too far behind in the 40s. The rest are in the 30s. If you compare the DL percentages vs. the higher LB percentages, particularly HT, KVN and Collins, it appears to sync up with a lot of the "2-DL, LB-heavy, nickel/dime" packages the Pats and other teams employ in this pass-first NFL of recent vintage.

That being said, there are trends. How to interpret them, especially over a 5-game sample size, is up to you.

- Shelton's % has increased every game.
- Bennett's % has decreased every game.

Without looking at all of the game tape, I'd guess the Pats are settling into a base DL of Shelton/Butler to anchor the middle against the run, then are using positional flexibility to round out the front 6. Bennett looks to be an interchangeable part of that scheme. Even then, this isn't an absolute since Shelton and Butler aren't playing some insane % like 75%+.

Regards,
Chris

Bertran & Zolak are discussing this now

Greg Bertard called in & said eagles teammates didn’t like him & don’t want him back

Slide Cowart in his current role & deal him to Seattle or somewhere

He gone IMO

This is a Ben Volin take worthy of F&M. Really. :rolleyes: What could make you think this is even a possibility. Was it bad "body language" or did he once have a frown on his face....or was it gas?

He's a 34 year old veteran whose YOUNGER brother is already retired. He's at the stage where he NEEDS snap management to get through the season. His situation is also much different than Long's was. Long was being asked to play DE in a way much different that what he did before. OTOH, Beenett is being asked to do things that normally utilize the best of his game. In fact if Long was here now in the Bennett role, he wouldn't have left.

Talk about CREATING drama where there is none. :rolleyes: Totally ludicrous, so I guess this will be the prime take between Curran and Felger today. ;)

Someone owes me an apology. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots