PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Meyers thinks he has a much higher ceiling

We don't need that much to be a functional offense. There's only room for 5 receivers on the field at any one point of time. If we're happy with Myers/Byrd/White as options 3 - 5. and I would be, then you only need one of each of WR and TE.

We don't even need to lock down super elite options. It's a deep free agent class at WR. A guy like Marvin Jones, Curtis Samuel or Corey Davis could probably be had for just under $10M per. TE will be harder to find, but the team looks to be in good position to land Kyle Pitts in the draft if they so choose.
It wouldn't shock me to see Davis sign for $12.5M/year, or more, somewhere the way he has played this season...He's become Tannehill's #1 target ahead of AJ Brown...

Watching Meyers wiiiiiiide open on the final play for the Pats against Miami makes me angry (thanks again to Lazar from CLNS). I also watched it from another angle to make sure I wasn't missing anything, but holy crap, we need to see someone else in there. (In the same article, he also showed how wide open Harry got during the Keene throw in the EZ.)

Watching Meyers wiiiiiiide open on the final play for the Pats against Miami makes me angry (thanks again to Lazar from CLNS). I also watched it from another angle to make sure I wasn't missing anything, but holy crap, we need to see someone else in there. (In the same article, he also showed how wide open Harry got during the Keene throw in the EZ.)

It was as if Clueless Cant didn't even know that the switch should've been his first look...

That was beyond offensive to watch, no pun intended. Pats have a QB that literally does not and cannot throw the football. Hope I never have to watch a Patriots team like this again. I'd rather go down throwing 3 picks with Stidham than watching Cam swallow the ball and fall over on 4th down. Gross.

That was beyond offensive to watch, no pun intended. Pats have a QB that literally does not and cannot throw the football. Hope I never have to watch a Patriots team like this again. I'd rather go down throwing 3 picks with Stidham than watching Cam swallow the ball and fall over on 4th down. Gross.

We had maybe the worst qb coach in the league so I'm glad fisch is gone. This guy 'coached' josh rosen and bortles before. So totally useless as a coach.

I love Meyers. He is good. He is our new Edelman.
He’s not going to be t Th hat good—not athletic enough.

Edelman had awesome three cone times coming out of Kent State.

But this player gets it done and is apparently coachable. I would love to hear Troy Brown’s take.

A bona fide NFL receiver who EARNED his playing time.

N’Keal Harry, we’re all looking at you

Saying the Patriots have force-fed Harry might be the silliest thing I've seen on this board...ever.
Hard to get the ball to a player not doing his job correctly. Just ask Brady.

He’s not going to be that good—not athletic enough.
I'm thinking more the next Welker. Meyers has a faster 40, 3 cone, and a much higher vertical (higher than Edelman). Also undrafted.

Holy moly - I didn't realize DK Metcalf's 3 cone was sooooo slow (7.38 combine, 7.25 pro day - JE 6.62; ; Meyers 7.07; Brady 7.2). No wonder he fell so far and everyone passed on him, even with the otherworldly 4.33 40 for someone so tall.

Also, Randy Moss's 3 cone was 7.19 with a not so great vertical of 33" (Meyers 37").

Another note - I think Tebow *could've been a heck of a TE or FB (6.66 cone).

Last edited:
Holy moly - I didn't realize DK Metcalf's 3 cone was sooooo slow (7.38 combine, 7.25 pro day - JE 6.62; ; Meyers 7.07; Brady 7.2). No wonder he fell so far and everyone passed on him, even with the otherworldly 4.33 40 for someone so tall.

Also, Randy Moss's 3 cone was 7.19 with a not so great vertical of 33" (Meyers 37").

Another note - I think Tebow *could've been a heck of a TE or FB (6.66 cone).
I agree...In fact he should've made much more of an effort to convert to TE when he arrived here, for obvious reasons...

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back