PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Message To Coach: PLEASE bench Lowe

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
We have Anderson who can play LT. (if Brown plays on the right side)

We have Brown, McDermott and Onwenu who can play RT. (Reiff seems to better at OG)

To be clear, I don't want to see Onwenu at RT, but Lowe needs to be benched.
=======================
The alternatives may not be very good, but Lowe is one of the worst starters in the NFL.

I remember the criticism of this trade was met with such resistance.

Yet here we are.

The sad thing is, if they release Lowe, some team will sign him. That’s how bad things are at this point in the NFL regarding the OT position. This is why, like clockwork, you will see 4 OT prospects go in the 1st round every year, guys like Juwaan Taylor showered with cash in free agency, etc.

well McDermott was brought back, so my assumption once he is in game shape they will plug him into the RT spot.
can someone tell Onwenu that the season started?

well McDermott was brought back, so my assumption once he is in game shape they will plug him into the RT spot.
Yeah, agreed... With McDermott back, hopefully we will see him back in the RT position... He's not great, but he's better than the alternative

I have another message for coach: PLEASE go to the GM and ask him to trade you to the team of your choice.

I missed this move… this is good news… which is depressing lol

what makes you think Anderson is healthy enough to play at all? Please share whatever evidence supports that pipe dream.

Yeah, agreed... With McDermott back, hopefully we will see him back in the RT position... He's not great, but he's better than the alternative
I watched him last year.

I'm on record in multiple threads: McDermott = Lowe. Both pretty bad. This is a guy who no other team really wants in a league desperate for backup OL.

I see no difference. If anything, the Patriots need to determine whether Lowe is a young guy who can be developed. If he isn't, I'm fine with them moving onto McDermott. But if there's a sliver of a chance that Lowe will maybe be a capable backup tackle in the future, I want him playing over the 30-year-old guy who no one wants.

I watched him last year.

I'm on record in multiple threads: McDermott = Lowe. Both pretty bad. This is a guy who no other team really wants in a league desperate for backup OL.

I see no difference. If anything, the Patriots need to determine whether Lowe is a young guy who can be developed. If he isn't, I'm fine with them moving onto McDermott. But if there's a sliver of a chance that Lowe will maybe be a capable backup tackle in the future, I want him playing over the 30-year-old guy who no one wants.
I disagree. I think McDermott improved last year over the back half of the season (granted, from point a to point b was not a career changing arc)... With that said, he still made some bone headed mistakes (penalties) - He is not the long term answer at the tackle position... I view him as a depth piece / spot starter... but i think he's better than Lowe... let Lowe develop on the practice field if you think he's worth keeping

We have Brown, McDermott and Onwenu who can play RT. (Reiff seems to better at OG)

=======================
The alternatives may not be very good, but Lowe is one of the worst starters in the NFL.

Don't know if this deserves its own thread, but yeah I completely agree... Also agree with the list of options we still have.

I remember the criticism of this trade was met with such resistance.

Yet here we are.

After giving it further thought, I actually liked this trade... Hated the Wheatley trade though; obviously still do.

I never, Ever thought that VD Low would be this bad however. Sorry folks.

The sad thing is, if they release Lowe, some team will sign him. That’s how bad things are at this point in the NFL regarding the OT position. This is why, like clockwork, you will see 4 OT prospects go in the 1st round every year, guys like Juwaan Taylor showered with cash in free agency, etc.

We don't need to release him; heck he can still be on the 53, he just CANNOT start another game for a long, long time.

what makes you think Anderson is healthy enough to play at all? Please share whatever evidence supports that pipe dream.
Anderson at LT and Brown at RT was only one of the possibilities.

I'm fine McDermott at RT or a healthy Onwenu or a healthy Reiff.
=======================
I don't think that they are all pipe dreams. Certainly, McDermott will be ready this week or next.

from what I see of Lowe, he gets beat repeated to his outside shoulder, with his footwork a beat slow, and he has not been able to extend his hands onto rushers to that shoulder. that said, we saw him beat repeatedly on simple stunt moves, meaning communication and consistency with the RG is not quite acceptable. he needs additional coaching. he was a day 3 draft pick on the verge of being cut by the Vikes. the fact that he is starting for the Pats is not an indication of his readiness. he has great size and strength. he needs more experience and coaching.

we did not see, but heard for much of the summer, that Reiff clearly lost a step and relinquished his depth chart slot to Sow. Sow also struggled with footwork.

We saw Anderson early in the season after no camp, go wire to wire. he is in fantastic shape, very athletic, but better suited at this time for LT.

I did see McDermott over the summer at a practice I attended. he is certainly strong enough to hold his own run blocking. his feet limit him in pass pro. if he is the same player we saw last season at years end, he is an upgrade over Lowe and Anderson.

=======================
We don't really know if Anderson can play left tackle and I seriously doubt he would be an upgrade over Brown. McDermott and Onwenu were hurt. I am happy McDermott is back. Lowe doesn't appear as bad (to me) as some posters argue. Last game against all pro pass rusher. I don't know how many sacks Crosby got. I remember 2. One was on Brown, who was beat on a quick inside move. Let's remember the other guys are playing also. The other was the safety. Crosby had to travel a long way and the ball should have been gone, Lowe clearly whiffed. Crosby was not rampant as he was in his previous game.

Note: Belichick and Lowe share the same agent

Coincidence Reaction GIF

Note 2.0: Belichick interviewed only one offensive line coach

The Family Chantel Im Not Surprised GIF by TLC

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk