PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Merged] Pats Work Out Then Sign Brian Waters G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Schefter: Pats sign Brian Waters

I agree. We are better off if Waters starts. We are also better off if Waters is a backup.

In any case, Waters replaces Ohrnberger as an interior lineman on the roster. I can't imagine anyone thinking that this isn't a major upgrade to the OL.

We can discuss whether we need a 4th OT. That is another subject entirely.

I hope he beats out Connolly and starts, because that would mean its an upgrade. I'm OK with him being the #1 backup too.

Re: Schefter: Pats sign Brian Waters

I agree. We are better off if Waters starts. We are also better off if Waters is a backup.

In any case, Waters replaces Ohrnberger as an interior lineman on the roster. I can't imagine anyone thinking that this isn't a major upgrade to the OL.

We can discuss whether we need a 4th OT. That is another subject entirely.
Having one on the ps should be good enough. Hopefully no one claims Maneri but the NJ NoDepths have been claiming everyone with a pulse and right now they are one injury away from the self destructive act of having to put Ducasse on the field.
We only activate 7 OL, so the 4th T wouldnt need to be on the 53 unless or until an injury.

I think PFF is mainly full of crap, just amuses me that posters like to dump on them when they are more than willing to give their own expert analysis based on watching a game on tv.
I think if they claim they are making a complete analysis you are right, but this is a message board where everyone is supposed to contribute their thoughts and opinions. I don't think anyone takes a posters opinion as expert, flawless or even capable of being complete, but citing stats implies they are official and accurate, and PFF is neither.

I assumed everyone took analysis from fans with a grain of salt due to the difficulty of having enouhg information to make any assessment with certainty and the liklihood that the posters knowledge and evaluation skill are almost certain to be less than perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think if they claim they are making a complete analysis you are right, but this is a message board where everyone is supposed to contribute their thoughts and opinions. I don't think anyone takes a posters opinion as expert, flawless or even capable of being complete, but citing stats implies they are official and accurate, and PFF is neither.

I assumed everyone took analysis from fans with a grain of salt due to the difficulty of having enouhg information to make any assessment with certainty and the liklihood that the posters knowledge and evaluation skill are almost certain to be less than perfect.

And I assumed everyone took PFF with a grain of salt because as of yet, I haven't seen anyone take their ratings any more seriously than a message board post.

And by anyone, I don't mean individual posters, I mean the football universe in general.

Hell you can look at 3 different sources and get three different numbers for a stat like tackles.

And I assumed everyone took PFF with a grain of salt because as of yet, I haven't seen anyone take their ratings any more seriously than a message board post.

And by anyone, I don't mean individual posters, I mean the football universe in general.

Hell you can look at 3 different sources and get three different numbers for a stat like tackles.

There are a couple of posters here who take PFF as gospel, to the point that some of us have openly speculated that one of them might be shilling for it.

There's not really a past situation to compare this to. Looking into the past won't do much for us, I don't think. Just take the move for what it is.

As you and Patchick have said, that pretty much was my point.

The Pats really haven't brought in a stud veteran OL in over a decade.

Someone claimed that they have in Hochstein, Ashworth, etc.

I noted that, nope, those aren't the caliber we're talking about. The last starting caliber OL's we've brought in were over a decade ago. For 10 years they have relied exclusively on starters from Dante University. So this is a move from this FO we haven't seen in a while.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back