[Merged] Official Pats-LOLphins Pregame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Pregame Thoughts: Patriots Host Dolphins in Divisional Showdown

Derek Havens

The New England Patriots host the Miami Dolphins in a week eight Thursday Night Football matchup. Here

Continue reading...

I think this will have to be a game where the Pats make a commitment to the ground game. The Dolphins are now one gapping and have realized their potential as a pass rushing unit. I want to see McDaniels scheme some draws into the mix again and take advantage of the potential of the Dolphins to overpursue. Also, running right at Wake is a great idea. He's not great against the run and pounding on him will wear him out. I would have loved to see Mason active for this game so I could watch him pancake Wake on a pull. Vollmer has to shut down Vernon on his own since we'll probably give Fleming ample help on the other side vs. Wake.

To me this is a matchup nightmare for Miami. I imagine Brady feasting on their linebacking corp.

Difficult to gauge a team that beat the worst team in the league. I am not even sure if the Texans showed up to play last Sunday.

The Pats defense will do what they have doing all year. Contain drives by employing the GTFB philosophy and wait for the front 7 to create turnovers/mistakes.

I think this will have to be a game where the Pats make a commitment to the ground game. The Dolphins are now one gapping and have realized their potential as a pass rushing unit. I want to see McDaniels scheme some draws into the mix again and take advantage of the potential of the Dolphins to overpursue. Also, running right at Wake is a great idea. He's not great against the run and pounding on him will wear him out. I would have loved to see Mason active for this game so I could watch him pancake Wake on a pull. Vollmer has to shut down Vernon on his own since we'll probably give Fleming ample help on the other side vs. Wake.

Are the inactives out already? I thought only Cannon, Sheard and Johnson were listed as "Out"?

Are the inactives out already? I thought only Cannon, Sheard and Johnson were listed as "Out"?

Given the reports, I'm assuming Mason will be out. If it wasn't a short week, I probably wouldn't make that assumption.

Division games never easy. I am waiting for that game where tommy throws 5 td passes. You can throw on this secondary.

Even with all the injuries, I think the Pats win this game. Without Dion Lewis, it should be a relatively close game. With Lewis, it'll probably be a comfortable second half.

How is their secondary doing?

I was surprise to hear that the fish have won 2 out of the last 3 meetings. Need to stop lamar miller tonight

How is their secondary doing?

Not very good. That said, like the Pats, they have a front that can now mask a lot of their weaknesses in the back end. If given time, Brady can badly expose them. So they have to hope to knock Brady on his ass early and often.

From espn:

Will Dolphins target Tom Brady tonight?
Former NFL coach Brian Billick said you can't dismiss the thought: "[Dolphins interim coach Dan Campbell] basically said yeah, we're not going to do anything illegal, but boy we're going to push that line."

From espn:

Will Dolphins target Tom Brady tonight?
Former NFL coach Brian Billick said you can't dismiss the thought: "[Dolphins interim coach Dan Campbell] basically said yeah, we're not going to do anything illegal, but boy we're going to push that line."
Danny Boy has done a lot of talking, he needs to take a beatdown.

..worried about thug SUH and vernon...two dirty players.
i can see these scumbags going after tb12's knees.
Today i stopped by the T@R show for a moment, they quoted that Rodney H had said he was worried about cheap shots on TB by the fins. Cambell has said he wants his team tp play right aggresively, right on the edge of whats allowable.

Kirwan's take on the game.here:

Real Football Network

HE expects to see more of a run game Fins playing more 1 gap. He has it 28-20 Pats

I expect that crap from a thug like suh. Our o line needs to keep them in check. They played well in the second half of the
jets game.

Our O-line definitely needs to come with their A game tonight, wouldn't be surprised if one or more of the Dolphins players took a cheap shot at Tom if given a chance...if he is able to get some time though, he will carve up that secondary!!!

If Suh takes a cheap shot at Brady, I hope the OL goes for a chop block a few plays later. Either try to blow his knee out or get that fibula popping out of the skin. One good turn should deserve another.

Suh has barely touched Brady when we've played against him. I wouldn't worry about it. I expect Wake to get to Brady more than Suh will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back