PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Meat on the bone

Status
Not open for further replies.

groundgame

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Meat on the bone

Part of being a good GM is making fair deals, particularly when you gain goodwill, by conceding to a trading partner, holding a 3-4-5-6-7 Straight Flush.

Q77vW_f-maxage-0.gif

I have no idea what this means.

Moreover, if it's a reference to the failed McCarron trade, we don't know which 2 and 3 CLE was offering.

in a land of hearsay, all you can go with is what actually happened........people are confused if they think this FO goes out and intentionally undersells......

the way I see it, the held onto JAG because of how much they believed in him......but once this moment came, they were going to ship him off as far away as possible so that the only meaningful game they would see him in is in the superbowl.......ya, cleveland, I know......so there may have been a shred of 'out of respect' to not damn JAG to a place like cleveland (the niners are not the browns and have proven to turn it around time and time again).....after the Pats, I am now a 9ers fan

they got what they got and that's it........welcome Clayton Thorsen!

in a land of hearsay, all you can go with is what actually happened........people are confused if they think this FO goes out and intentionally undersells......

the way I see it, the held onto JAG because of how much they believed in him......but once this moment came, they were going to ship him off as far away as possible so that the only meaningful game they would see him in is in the superbowl.......ya, cleveland, I know......so there may have been a shred of 'out of respect' to not damn JAG to a place like cleveland (the niners are not the browns and have proven to turn it around time and time again).....after the Pats, I am now a 9ers fan

they got what they got and that's it........welcome Clayton Thorsen!

I too am high on thorsen. He’s got nothing to work with at NW which will fortunately for us lower his draft stock

.ya, cleveland, I know......so there may have been a shred of 'out of respect' to not damn JAG to a place like cleveland

Wasn’t it more likely because the dopey Browns FO left early the day of the trade deadline and missed the opportunity to make a bid?

Wasn’t it more likely because the dopey Browns FO left early the day of the trade deadline and missed the opportunity to make a bid?
It’s 2017 you aren’t unreachable if you aren’t in one place.

Ok, so maybe because SF is in another conference or sinething along those lines. I highly doubt showing respect for JG was the reason he went to San Fran.

Confusion in the head.

Ok, so maybe because SF is in another conference or sinething along those lines. I highly doubt showing respect for JG was the reason he went to San Fran.

not much weight to that but it could be a tie-breaker

SF had an 0-8 record and Brian Hoyer.
Nobody was (ever) giving a 1 so get a pick at the top of the second and getting a backup who knows the system and has had the most success in the nfl of anyone who has played in the system and isn’t named Tom Brady is the best trade you could get. Conference had nothing to do with it.

SF had an 0-8 record and Brian Hoyer.
Nobody was (ever) giving a 1 so get a pick at the top of the second and getting a backup who knows the system and has had the most success in the nfl of anyone who has played in the system and isn’t named Tom Brady is the best trade you could get. Conference had nothing to do with it.

I don’t care if the reason was because a little man in a green suit came down from a moon made of blue cheese and told B.B. he’d melt his brain if he didn’t trade Garoppolo to the 49ers. My point was that this organization doesn’t trade players to teams based on respect for the player or what the player might want more. It’s about what’s best for this team at this time.

I don’t care if the reason was because a little man in a green suit came down from a moon made of blue cheese and told B.B. he’d melt his brain if he didn’t trade Garoppolo to the 49ers. My point was that this organization doesn’t trade players to teams based on respect for the player or what the player might want more. It’s about what’s best for this team at this time.
Of course it is.

yes........and there are many variable to that calculus

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes