PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayo's Coaching Staff [Discuss Coaching Candidates Here!]

Arnold Schwarzenegger's father was a nazi... I'll bet you loved his movies hypocrite.
Nope, more of an All American Bruce Willis guy. We see you but you do you.

bye-auf-wiedersehen.gif

Nope, more of an All American Bruce Willis guy. We see you but you do you.
Every man has to do his own growing, no matter how tall his grandfather was.

You hate the Belichick name, so crying about nepotism makes sense only when it applies to his kids and none of the other successful coaches in history.

We see right through you.

Every man has to do his own growing, no matter how tall his grandfather was.
Is that your favorite quote from Mein Kampf?

Tanner or Klint.

I've been trying to find a list, but most are just about open HC positions, anyone know how many coordinator positions are still open?

Mayo can we choose one already dam it!!!
I can see it now, they will interview all these candidates and in the end if Belichick does not coach this year they will turn to Josh McDaniels.

I can see it now, they will interview all these candidates and in the end if Belichick does not coach this year they will turn to Josh McDaniels.
I don't want McDaniels that would be very lazy on their part I want an OC from the modern era and not a ancient Coaching tree.

Last edited:
Who sits in on the coordinator interviews?

Caley a Patriots/Bill bobo who had a cup of coffee in LA, he's a TE coach who's never worked closely with a quarterback, why would you want him as an OC for a rebuild?

Caley a Patriots/Bill bobo who had a cup of coffee in LA, he's a TE coach who's never worked closely with a quarterback, why would you want him as an OC for a rebuild?
To reiterate Dante Scarnachia's endorsement, the TE position, and the associated coach, participates in al aspects of the offense, running, passing, blocking.

To reiterate Dante Scarnachia's endorsement, the TE position, and the associated coach, participates in al aspects of the offense, running, passing, blocking.
Give me niners tight end coach then.

Bill thought he could do the job, just didn't want to give him the title so he refused.

Bill thought he could do the job, just didn't want to give him the title so he refused.
Bill also thought judge and Patricia could run an offense, not saying I don’t like the idea but Caley has been out the system for one season… I would prefer other candidates but like the approach of the OC search so far

Looking the lions offense yesterday I ****ing love their play designs both run and pass
What about their pass game coordinator
They’ve interviewed him, we are talking about him in this thread - Tanner Engstrand

For what it’s worth I agree with you, I really like their play design. There’s a reason why Ben Johnson is highly sought after

They’ve interviewed him, we are talking about him in this thread - Tanner Engstrand

For what it’s worth I agree with you, I really like their play design. There’s a reason why Ben Johnson is highly sought after
Been thinking about the OC role for this team...

What I am afraid of is that we are just going to install "this coaches Offense or that coaches Offense"... I want a guy that is going to be innovative in his own right... Charlie Weis is the perfect example of what I want for an OC... He came in with the Erhardt-Perkins as a base offense, but he adapted it to what he wanted... It grew more complex over the years as different OC's put their own wrinkles on it... It was an offense that moved the ball...

Looking at what Tanner Engstrand did in Detroit with the passing game, it really matches with the vision I have moving forward... A really good mix of passing & running, without the outright superstars... Maybe because Detroit uses a simplified version of EP (compared to NE's more complex system) but the base offense appears to be really familiar... Contributions from the WR's, the TE's and the RB's... overall very well rounded approach... Maybe a Nick Caley offense would be similar to that... but hes been stuck behind other Coordinators as a position coach, so we really don't know...

I think we need to bring Tanner Engstrand for another interview... He might just be the "guy" we are looking for.

Last edited:
Agreed. I've been saying take the QB at 3 or wherever he lands in the top 5.. I'm sure we can move around. Take the LT later in the 1st at what 34? Or something like that. We need talent!
Theoretically this is the way to go. Experientially it’s a crap shoot. Joe Alt, baring injury, is the real deal. Same with the Penn State LT.

But historically something like half of QBs taken in the first round don’t work.

Remember Bill Parcells struggled between Drew Bledsoe and Rick Mirer?

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back