PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayo's Coaching Staff [Discuss Coaching Candidates Here!]

I’m saying Kraft wants to get back in the lime light, what better way?

That is my worst fear....ownership getting more involved. The football guys should look at the team, decide the best way forward, evaluate the prospects, then make a pick.

No picking a QB because Krafty might not make quite as much money as the last two decades.

A
The only way that they have a choice is if they trade up, otherwise they are stuck with whoever falls to them.
Currently Maye is projected to go at #3... personally I'd prefer Daniels.. but he's projected to go 10th overall...

That is my worst fear....ownership getting more involved. The football guys should look at the team, decide the best way forward, evaluate the prospects, then make a pick.

No picking a QB because Krafty might not make quite as much money as the last two decades.
With the TV deals, the hiked up concessions, parking, ect. to pay for the light house trust me he's made his money..

McDaniels will not be on this 2024 staff and Briscillo took a job with the giants
Thank you. I saw where Briscillo interviewed with the Giants but not that they hired him. Good, he’ll be in place for Bill when he takes over as HC of the NYG next offseason.

Aside from the coordinators and, possibly a QB coach. The offensive line coach will be the most important hire. You follow this a lot closer than I it appears. Have you heard any names mentioned for the OLine coach? Or, does all of that wait until the OC is on board?

This board would go bonkers... lol Maye has a big arm. So does Daniels. I want JDs..
and rightly so... It's a risky move... Better to reach for a qb, because if the one you are counting on being there is taken, you risk upsetting all those well laid rebuilding plans...

Which means the aborted changes at the beginning of the Matt Patricia OC era when they tried outside zone OL plays with big, lumbering guys like OneMenu and Splat Blab Brown and unathletic guys at RT and center, which understandably failed, IS BACK!

Need an athletic QB for RPO too.

Which means the aborted changes at the beginning of the Matt Patricia OC era when they tried outside zone OL plays with big, lumbering guys like OneMenu and Splat Blab Brown and unathletic guys at RT and center, which understandably failed, IS BACK!

Need an athletic QB for RPO too.
Except the Rams have been running a lot more duo and inside run to counter teams seating on the outside zone since the 2018 SB.

It’s sad when the supremely experienced and highly regarded Ed Warinner is at beautiful Boca Raton at Florida Atlantic as their OL coach.

Why couldn’t we get him? I consider him like a poor man’s Jeff Stoutland, the Filthy Feacles OL coach. Best in the business.

We sure could use an upgrade over Sick Klemm, Billy Yippee Yates, and Coach Thanksdad.

Warinner broke into coaching at Michigan State when Nick Saban was coaching DBs in the 1980s for George Perles.

I’m good with Caley. Knows the Pats traditional Perkins/Earhart offense and can modernize it with McVay concepts.

It would even be better if they can bring McDaniels back to oversee the Offense and provide council for Caley. They supposedly have a great working relationship.

Have you heard any names mentioned for the OLine coach?
I’m a broken record on upgrading OL personnel and coaching. My first choice is the return of Pure Blood, who is an assistant with the Texans.

It’s a no-brainer. Why it hasn’t already occurred is beyond me.

Pure Blood was here from 2015-2020 and coached OL to two winning SBs.

BRING BACK COLE!

Trade down then?
This is just my amateur opinion. The only way I trade down is if it is with Arizona to get #4 and their other first. Convince them we will take Harrison and see if they bite. Either way I’m taking a QB. After seeing the Texans turnaround with a QB and a couple of solid free agent acquisitions, I’m convinced one of these 3 QBs is the way to go. I’m leaning Daniels personally.

Williams, Fields, Daniel’s, Nix, can Maye run that offense.

Good thing the guy that promoted Mayo can't ruin it. How come nobody talks about RKs record without Brady?
The planets aligned to allow RKK, BB, Brady and many, many other players and coaches to come together for a run of excellence that shouldn't be forgotten now that it has come to an end. All things come to an end eventually. Just as each of the three pillars were instrumental in that sustained excellence, each had a role in the ending of the run. With BB moving on the dynasty is officially over, thank you BB and Brady for providing so many great memories. Now is the time to be looking forward to the next chapter with Mayo and QBx finding their magic to fuel the next dynasty.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back