PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayo's Coaching Staff [Discuss Coaching Candidates Here!]

I doubt Mayo would want McDaniels back. I think he will want to start off as fresh and as far removed from BB as he realistically can.

That would be very disappointing!

Can we stop living in the past and recycling old guys and instead look forward ?
Can't really move forward if nobody accepts the OC job. Just because its offered doesn't mean it will be accepted.

Looks like the Pats are down to Caley and Robinson, with McDaniels as an outlier as their O coordinator...
As there seems to be a long period in this process perhaps a choice has been made and details are being worked out, prior to an announcement.

Looks like the Pats are down to Caley and Robinson, with McDaniels as an outlier as their O coordinator...
As there seems to be a long period in this process perhaps a choice has been made and details are being worked out, prior to an announcement.
you are assuming that we know about all of the candidates. As far as I know, no external minority candidates have been reported by the media and they have to interview at least two.

Seems like Robinson is a hot commodity for OCs, so it's unlikely he comes here. Of the ones we've heard Caley and McD seem more likely.

Can't really move forward if nobody accepts the OC job. Just because its offered doesn't mean it will be accepted.
Trying to get an OC here is like getting a top chef to make you a meal without the groceries.

*head-scratcher

Yep. Just because a player was good it doesn’t mean they should be coaches. In fact many of the best coaches never made it the pro’s. You want great football minds, not just great football players.

Big jump from wr coach to OC
Is it? It seems like positional coaches move into OC roles a lot. Or is that only QB coaches? I generally don't pay that close attention.

We don't need a GM (apparently) so why do we need a DC, OC or any of the other titles that "idiot" franchises hand out?

Limited OC options is key.
Prefer at least one former head coach and experienced coordinator on team.
QB situation completely unsettled
Need experienced voice in room.
If they hire Caley it means no one else wanted the job

Last edited:
Limited OC options is key.
Prefer at least one former head coach abd experienced coordinator on team.
QB situation completely unsettled
Need experienced voice in room.
If they hire Caley it means no one else wanted the job
Or Mayo believes in Caley.
A Oc job is still a OC job title pay raise.
Maybe they are asking who the QB is and hearing open competition and puke who knows.

I can't imagine that anyone that wants to eventually move up would want to work here because they more than likely will not look good calling the offense of this **** show we call a football team.
The team you saw this season will not be the team that takes the field next September, you can say at least one thing about Bill, he left the team with a lot of cap money to spend to rebuild the team and a #3 pick.

The team you saw this season will not be the team that takes the field next September, you can say at least one thing about Bill, he left the team with a lot of cap money to spend to rebuild the team and a #3 pick.
I don't see why folks are so, so pessimistic.

1) We have a top 5-10 defense.

2) Most folks thought that we were two players away from competing for the playoffs. We need NFL quality play from our QB and LT. Notice that we didn't need average play. Our QB was among the worst in the NFL, as was our LT play.

3) We have the opportunity to bring in at least 2 QB's: a veteran free agent and a first rounder.

4) We have the cap money to replace or re-sign our own free agents.

5) We have the cap money to improve at WR and FS.
==============
We won't do EVERYTHING. Every team has weaknesses, especially average teams competing for the playoffs.

Can we get in on Moore?
We should identify and move on our OC soon it’s critical to secure the right coach.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back