PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maybe some Rain & Wind Sunday Game time vs Chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.
CatChat(c). Huh.

Regards,
Chris

Looking out my window about 15 min due north of the stadium, it's overcast W dark clouds...wife dropping me and the kiddo of at McDs on north st in about 45, then the kiddo and I are hoofing it to red robin for lunch... GO PATS

There may be a shower but not likely - most of the green mass will be passing west of The Razor.

The word is perhaps a windy 2nd half which should be no problem as we can run on them.

What utter crap. I can show you a dozen research studies proving that dogs not only are smarter than cats, but intuitively more empathetic toward their owners. Here's just two of many.

So, "cats vs. dogs" is the new "Brady vs. Manning"?

Man, is the NFL boring this year.

Anyhoo, back to the weather... an update... went out for a Sunday morning run here on Long Guyland... it is intermittently lightly raining, and pouring. Also quite windy.

simpsons-sea-captain.jpg

"She's comin' yer way, mateys!" :)

Isn't it "Lawn Guyland" for Long Island ? Look it up.

Looking out my window about 15 min due north of the stadium, it's overcast W dark clouds...wife dropping me and the kiddo of at McDs on north st in about 45, then the kiddo and I are hoofing it to red robin for lunch... GO PATS

Sounds like fun, bring rain coat, enjoy. Pats win

There may be a shower but not likely - most of the green mass will be passing west of The Razor.

The word is perhaps a windy 2nd half which should be no problem as we can run on them.

Don't know much about weather there but absolutely agree start the running game besides they have very good pass rushing guys.

What utter crap. I can show you a dozen research studies proving that dogs not only are smarter than cats, but intuitively more empathetic toward their owners. Here's just two of many.

Link: Are Dogs More Intelligent than Cats?

Link: Who Loves Their Humans More -- Cats Or Dogs? Here’s The Answer | HuffPost

"Chumpchange" is a fitting screen name for you.

According to the scientists who waste their time studying such things, cats are solitary, imperious little bastards who don't need us to survive and consider themselves superior to us. The consensus is, they consider us to be some form of large, ugly, stupid cat who can't hunt. So it's notable that this self-sufficient animal that prefers solitary life by nature and is not dependent on us, will choose to stay with a human upon becoming friends and--as all cat owners can attest--will go so far as to present gifts of prey to its human since it figures we're too inept to hunt and feed ourselves properly. In contrast, a dog acts in a way we read as "affectionate" for the sake of its own survival. The "pack" instinct compels a dog to relate to whomever its leader is with a blindly submissive, sycophantic devotion, and most modern breeds can't survive without human caretakers, so they act toward humans as one would expect a beta to act toward whatever it depends on. A veterinarian once explained it to me that an anxious dog separated from its owner is less like a person grieving the loss of a loved one and more like a person upset because of the loss of a job. So, sure, your dog acts like you're a god, but only because he's hardwired to make you, his mealticket, think that way. And, sure, your cat's a jerk who thinks you're an idiot, but he also likes you on your own merits such that he voluntarily cedes his solitary life to hang around with you, and he pities you and brings you presents because he doesn't want you to starve.

Last edited:
From what I've been able to find online, as of about Noon, the sustained breeze in the vicinity of Gillette was in the 7-10 mph range with gusts around 20 mph or so. It's right-to-left at the closed end, probably a bit from the kicker's back. So, left-to-right at the open end and coming at the kicker a bit. There may be a relatively brief shower moving through the area soon.

Forecast I'm seeing is for little change in the weather from now until around 5pm or so, when steadier rain should move in. Winds are supposed to suddenly start cranking between 7pm and 8pm - sustained at between 20-25 mph, increasing to 30+mph by around midnight.

All the green is actually west of Gillette - not by much - I have had drizzle in Providence.

usa_None_anim.gif

Ahh perfect weather for Tommy Boy slingin it all over'yard.

Anyhoo, back to the weather... an update... went out for a Sunday morning run here on Long Guyland... it is intermittently lightly raining, and pouring. Also quite windy.

simpsons-sea-captain.jpg

"She's comin' yer way, mateys!" :)

Same Here, Cheers Mate!

Cats are better. I can never get past the idea that dogs merely show a cloying submission that we misread as affection, while cats view us as equals, so if you have a cat's affection, it's genuine in a way a dog's is not.

(And before anyone whines, none of the above is my opinion; all based on research studies.)
Cats view us as equals? You poor, deluded fool!

Ummmm, Huffington Post and Psychology Today?
You /do/ understand that Huffington Post didn't actually do the study, right? They're just a news aggregation site.

"...a new study done by neuroscientist and professor at Claremont Graduate University, Dr. Paul Zak."

Cats view us as equals? You poor, deluded fool!

Just quoting the studies. ;) Yes, cats view us as other cats, albeit misshapen, bipedal ones that can't hunt; dogs supposedly recognize that we aren't dogs like they are.

According to the scientists who waste their time studying such things, cats are solitary, imperious little bastards who don't need us to survive and consider themselves superior to us. The consensus is, they consider us to be some form of large, ugly, stupid cat who can't hunt.
"According to scientists" ... "the consensus is" ... Which scientists? Whose consensus, chump?

So it's notable that this self-sufficient animal that prefers solitary life by nature and is not dependent on us, will choose to stay with a human upon becoming friends and--as all cat owners can attest--will go so far as to present gifts of prey to its human since it figures we're too inept to hunt and feed ourselves properly. In contrast, a dog acts in a way we read as "affectionate" for the sake of its own survival. The "pack" instinct compels a dog to relate to whomever its leader is with a blindly submissive, sycophantic devotion, and most modern breeds can't survive without human caretakers, so they act toward humans as one would expect a beta to act toward whatever it depends on. A veterinarian once explained it to me that an anxious dog separated from its owner is less like a person grieving the loss of a loved one and more like a person upset because of the loss of a job. So, sure, your dog acts like you're a god, but only because he's hardwired to make you, his mealticket, think that way. And, sure, your cat's a jerk who thinks you're an idiot, but he also likes you on your own merits such that he voluntarily cedes his solitary life to hang around with you, and he pities you and brings you presents because he doesn't want you to starve.
B.S. self-serving pseudo-ethological conjecture, pure and simple. Regardless, your conjured claptrap is irrelevant to the question at hand: which species is smarter AND more loving to its owner overall?

Dogs' superior intelligence was documented by the earlier cited study. Here's more, chump:

Link: It's finally proven - scientists test whether cats or dogs love us more

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back