PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Light on Patriots: "The culture has changed"

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's getting up there with Fauria on my "former Patriots whose opinions I don't care about" list.
My guess is that the political opinions have some part in that.

I think that really he’s talking about modern players in general, not trying to say that BB has changed the system. Players have more power now, and obviously the system won’t be exactly the same.

I think that really he’s talking about modern players in general, not trying to say that BB has changed the system. Players have more power now, and obviously the system won’t be exactly the same.

Sounded absolutely clear that's what he was talking about - a generational gap with social media making a presence, which makes it a lot harder to have the same locker room today that Light had 10 years ago.

That's true regardless of era though; it's the specific circumstances that change. And that's part of the reason you don't see too many older coaches in pro sports.

Couldn’t possibly care less what he thinks. It’s a very different league than he was in during his heyday

My guess is that political opinions have some part in what he said.

Oh just shut up Light. What exactly is your connection to the 2017 or 2018 Patriots ? Even Mayo and Koppen Are way closer to the team than you are.

Go tell your stories about what an amazing prankster you were and amuse people with that. Jesus..

Couldn’t possibly care less what he thinks. It’s a very different league than he was in during his heyday
I think that’s what he’s saying though, and said that he noticed some gradual changes at the end of his career (2010-2011)

He has a right to his opinion. I think this coming season will be tough with all the personnel changes but they will still win the division. Super bowl? Idk yet. Need more players on defense.

I am getting tired of the "culture" talk or the "Patriot Way" BS...

It is a football team.....like a place of work with 70-90 employees.....gonna have your ups and downs...weird people...etc...

I am getting tired of the "culture" talk or the "Patriot Way" BS...

It is a football team.....like a place of work with 70-90 employees.....gonna have your ups and downs...weird people...etc...

I don't give a rats ass about culture.

Since Light retired they've been to 7 straight AFCCGs and 3 SBs winning 2.

The culture is still a winning one but the players are different. As long as they conform, work hard and win who cares.

The "Patriot Way" is more a media myth than anything else.

The media created it, not the Patriots.. the need to pigeonhole a concept conveniently is what they do..

The game, due to the ever increasing salary cap, is changing also..

I don't give a rats ass about culture.

Since Light retired they've been to 7 straight AFCCGs and 3 SBs winning 2.

The culture is still a winning one but the players are different. As long as they conform, work hard and win who cares.
None of this would be a discussion if not for dropped ball, a strip sack, and a defense that couldn't buy a stop. I am sure there's a "kids today" issue, but no one would care if they won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down