PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Martellus Bennett Goes On Epic Twitter Rant About "Educational" Touchdown Celebration Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats4life12

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I found this story way to funny not even because of Bennett but because the NFL is actully going to spend money on making an “educational training video for players to show clear examples of appropriate and inappropriate celebrations.”

My favorite Bennett Tweet was when he said: "I'm going to be taking a 15 minute dump whenever we're supposed to watch this "educational" video. I can feel my stomach bubbling now"

You can see his full list of tweets at the link below he went off
Martellus Bennett Is Not To Happy With The NFL’s “Educational Touchdown Celebration Video”

Who is this guy? Never heard of him.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: TBR
I really miss Marty, Beyond being exactly what we needed when Gronk went down, and playing through the pain, he was a beacon off it, and I mean it in a good way. Good that he's still in the league so he can continue to shine a light on the hypocrisy of the league, but it was always nicer when he was doing it in blue and silver.

I really miss Marty, Beyond being exactly what we needed when Gronk went down, and playing through the pain, he was a beacon off it, and I mean it in a good way. Good that he's still in the league so he can continue to shine a light on the hypocrisy of the league, but it was always nicer when he was doing it in blue and silver.
After reading the OP I was gonna post I miss Marty already. You beat me to it.

Marty saying....."You know they overpay Super Bowl champs" .....was a true beacon moment.

To compliment Ken's post, might I suggest this background music to enhance the experience...

Last edited:
Green Bay fans, Meet Marty. Your newest Packer.

Have a great day.

Marty saying....."You know they overpay Super Bowl champs" .....was a true beacon moment.

To compliment Ken's post, might I suggest this background music to enhance the experience...

I think you are too harsh on Marty for that remark, if you look at the whole interview it looked like it was taken directly from Patriot propaganda central. The money remark was a throw away line prompted IIRC by his brother.

BTW- he was right to test the market. At his age, this would be his last chance to get a top of the market deal. Unfortunately for him, Bill knew it too, and pulled off the Allen trade for even less money. But I suspect that if Bennett knew what he got from the Packers was what he'd end up with, he would have signed with the Pats. But timing is everything. I'm glad he ended up with a good team, and hope to see him in Minneapolis next February.

Damn that was funny. Thanks for the link.

Hopefully as time goes on we'll have fewer and fewer articles about what this motormouth has to say. He's a tedious bore.

Hopefully as time goes on we'll have fewer and fewer articles about what this motormouth has to say. He's a tedious bore.

grapes-print.jpg

Who is this guy? Never heard of him.
He seems to be one of those up and coming journalists. I think he is actually really good and they run a really good Twitter page. I found this site a while back well searching for sites not called ESPN for Patriots coverage and found T Town Sports. I think they do very well for an independent source. I would definitely recommend checking them out every once in a while as they put out some good stuff.

Let's try to find common ground, then, so that you and I can reestablish the sort of loving relationship one hopes for on a sports message board:

He's not as obnoxious as his brother.

Can we agree on that much?

As for your imputation of envy, why assume that I would want to be as tedious a bore as Martellus is, that I would aspire to the same sort of logorrhea? Makes no sense to me.

Last edited:
Huge fan of Bennett not only on the field but how he handles himself being a man in today's society, which involves his daughter and children with his books written under the banner of "The Imagination Agency"...

images

Last year he caused a minor uproar, when he told someone that NFL stands for .. "N...ers for Lease".. good at getting his point across.

Bennett had 7 TDs last year and, ironically, I cannot honestly remember him hotdogging it much after any of 'em.

Last edited:
Love Marty and agree for the most part but some "celebrations" just shouldn't be allowed.

Like pretending to pull down your pants - squat - and pretend to poop out the football on top of the opposing teams logo - during the superbowl. For example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes