PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marshal Faulk gone crazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should be talking about how Willies McGinest kicked his ass up and down the field the whole game. Because that is on tape for all to see.

This is probably why Willie Mac doesn't mind being on the set with him. Because Willie KNOWS he beat the crap outta Faulk in the game..

Marshal Faulk is telling the media at the Super Bowl that the Patriots did indeed tape there practices before the 2001 Super Bowl. Did any of you hear this ****? And is there any evidence backing up his claim? I know there were fake reports about this back in the day from the Boston Globe or something but what the **** is Marshal talking about?
The story is generally considerred by people outside NE to have been true, but sourced sub standardly. And Thomase totally believes it is a true story, but he had to apologize for poor sourcing. (One unnamed source essenbtially hearsay, something like that.)
It is one of those things where the apology is not a statement of this taping "did not happen' just that "I did a poor job from journalistic standpoint".... unfortunately.. So unfortunately people still think they did it, and got off on a journalistic technicality. All the apologizes related to SB 36 Rams taping are not about whether it happened or not, just about bad journalistic standards. They all believe the source to be telling the truth.

A part of me wants to push his face into the retraction article and make his read it but another part of me wants him to remain ignorant and hope he's haunted by this for the rest of his life for being such a whiny ***** about it.

A part of me wants to push his face into the retraction article and make his read it but another part of me wants him to remain ignorant and hope he's haunted by this for the rest of his life for being such a whiny ***** about it.
the "retraction" article is just an apology about the lack of good journalism. To this day, that is all they retracted. They did NOT say the taping did not occur. Thomase believes it did and so do most outside of New England. I'm a Pats fan by the way, but that was not a retraction of whether it happened or not, just poor journalism.

IMO if it actually happened we'd know. Every cheat in sports has had the whistle blown on them by somebody. And lots of players and employees have left the Patriots organization and many on less than good terms. You'd think at least one of them by now would have had no problem telling people they saw it happen, they know it happened or they were asked to participate. Someone would have written a book, given an interview, etc.

I think there's a good reason why nobody has to date...

Though I see why the spineless NFL* don't want to shut down his smearing, I am surprised Brady (two years back?) acted as if he is an old friend and rubbed friggin Faulk's bald shining head fondly after an interview post-victory.

Rubbing it in? :)

Faulk never had the guts to bring this up at that time and instead was gushing.

I completely agree with the questions raised by a few: why the heck aren't anyone challenging this moron when he brings this discarded story up?

Marshal Faulk is telling the media at the Super Bowl that the Patriots did indeed tape there practices before the 2001 Super Bowl. Did any of you hear this ****? And is there any evidence backing up his claim? I know there were fake reports about this back in the day from the Boston Globe or something but what the **** is Marshal talking about?

One would think Faulk is smart enough to understand how small this makes him look as a sportsman and how it diminishes him...
Even if he truly believed this, have enough dignity and class to keep it to your self or a small circle of friends and don't keep whining about it

The story is generally considerred by people outside NE to have been true, but sourced sub standardly. And Thomase totally believes it is a true story, but he had to apologize for poor sourcing. (One unnamed source essenbtially hearsay, something like that.)
It is one of those things where the apology is not a statement of this taping "did not happen' just that "I did a poor job from journalistic standpoint".... unfortunately.. So unfortunately people still think they did it, and got off on a journalistic technicality. All the apologizes related to SB 36 Rams taping are not about whether it happened or not, just about bad journalistic standards. They all believe the source to be telling the truth.

This is false. The apology explicitly states, "...no tape of the walkthrough ever existed."

Apology

It's so much easier saying you lost to a team who taped your practice
than it is to say you lost the game because the other team knocked the snot out of your receivers.
Losing to a team that was more man than you is the ultimate humiliation on a football field.

we are very likely to see a modern variation of that punch them in the gut defense scheme this Sunday.

Agreed. Just like many teams drowning in Lake GOAT are grasping at the Defamegate straw that the cheating NFL* tossed to them.

It makes it easier to accept reality when you can view your failures through this filter.

Maybe try putting a donut on the retraction article and leave it in the same zip code as Tomase.

This is false. The apology explicitly states, "...no tape of the walkthrough ever existed."

Apology
it actually does not say that. The apology implies that they have not seen any tape.. just that they did not see a tape, and that an actual tape is not part of the proof

Apology
I stand corrected. It does say that in the actual article. However, many things I have read regarding his position is that he simply did not have the "goods", blew it, but believes his sources. So he has either changed his tune or something.

we went over this way back when it happened. I personally BLISTERED Twomassive into a blubbering apology in a series of email back and forths. It was covered in minute detail right here at Patsfans and should be in an archive somewhere, if Ian still keeps such items. The point is there is NO gray area or "he didn't really say that and this really didn't mean that".. NO. It was 100% FALSE. Period. End of friggin' story.

Amazing that everyone seems to remember that "the Patriots cheated by taping the Rams practice", even though the story was proven to be false and the writer issued an apology

And no one remembers that the Falcons were caught red-handed and punished for cheating by pumping in noise during games

This is the price paid for being a franchise that just keeps winning, and people are sick of it

....he simply did not have the "goods", blew it, but believes his source
His source was Matt Walsh, who LIED TO HIM, then with the heat now on Walsh, Walsh flat out admitted that IT NEVER HAPPENED.

PERIOD.

There is no mystery WHATSOEVER.

Faulk was born stupid and then spent his life getting hit in the head.

Amazing that everyone seems to remember that "the Patriots cheated by taping the Rams practice", even though the story was proven to be false and the writer issued an apology

And no one remembers that the Falcons were caught red-handed and punished for cheating by pumping in noise during games

This is the price paid for being a franchise that just keeps winning, and people are sick of it
Strange what the media create. To this day people will swear throwing a TD from short and goal was the CRAZIEST play in the history of football! Despite seeing that play in that situation happen every week in the NFL.

I wonder if the world could be convinced the sun rising tomorrow is the CRAZIEST thing the world has ever seen if it played on every channel. Probably, and anyone that pointed out that's a bit silly would be directed to look at how it was different cuz people are talking about it- therefore proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back