PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marsh describes Pats as "no fun"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I got it. Fun at work doubles efficiency for sure. But he must have mistaken work with holiday spending so little time on the field.

This just in: Different situations work or do not work for different people.

I think Marsh clearly had a problem with doing what the team was asking of him and is now trying to spin it that it was a BS situation.

Set the edge, motherfukker.

I feel like he needs to clarify whether he really is that bad at defending the run or whether he intentionally was bad because he didn’t want to do it.

I'm guessing that this is in reaction to the intellectual demands of playing for the Pats. BB's constant quizzing of situational stuff, film study, knowing more than just your own position. Some don't take well to that just as some don't take to academics while others do. Marsh just wanted to get out on the field and run around and hit people but didn't want to have to, you know, think about it.

Yeah and they probably have to turn off their smart phones during meetings.
I remember an article somewhere about some teams were surrendering to the younger generation players letting them surf on their phones during meetings.

I'm sure that getting screamed at by Belichick and the entire coaching staff all day long for being constantly out of position and unqualified to play edge in their defense would be "no fun".

He sucks and BB doesn't mince words.

Last edited:
It's all about perspective Cassius...perspective. Sitting the bench is never fun no matter where you go, but having a great seat for the biggest games is a whole lot of fun.

Hahahahahaha :D Marsh, you slay me.

Regards,
Chris

I would laugh my but off if BBs buddy Lynch cuts him now.
BB should call Lynch and say today is the day to return the favor.

Dam, must be horrible not to have fun and a chance of winning the superbowl every season.. sounds awful and not fun

It never got boring watching him try to play defense

DLdjCt5W0AAFEvK

Not very good at football or being classy apparently.

Marsh always struck me as a bonehead.

I was watching one game and Marsh was on the field. Next thing you know there is a shot of the Pats sideline and one of the defensive position coaches is going kinda crazy motioning for Marsh to get off the field.

It was not for 12 men.

I don't get why this bothers people. There's lots of people in this world that prefer working in a culture they like more than anything else. Plenty of people take jobs at less prestigious companies for less pay because they don't like the culture and feel like they would be happier somewhere else. I know multiple people who bailed on one of the big 5 financial firms because they were miserable the whole time even though they knew if they stuck it out for a few more years they'd be set for life.

Someone like Marsh is never going to get credit for winning a SB with Pats and he's in the league for a paycheck until he can no longer go. He won't have some big NFL legacy. He's better off going somewhere he can just take it easy, get his money, and not have high expectations.

We want players who are grinders who care about winning and who like to work hard. No big deal

Playing professional football is a job. It is not about fun. It's about being a grown-up doing a special type of job. The "fun" comes in the camradery, the pride in doing what you do, the accomplishments that come with your specific role. Just like any other job. I've never taken a job in life where I expected it to provide fun. There have been great jobs and crappy jobs. Friends have come from every one of them. I've had fun with them. But the job itself was never about "fun." Cassius Marsh needs to grow up and understand what adulthood and professionalism are all about.

Spoken like a true zero-time Super Bowl Champion. I can see why there were problems, and this is why people are always leery of bringing in guys outside of the draft, like last offseason.

My favorite part is he’s now attended a week of OTAs and seems to know everything there is to know about the amazing 49ers organization, which is a lot of fun until they suck at winning games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back