PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney is not the back many thought he would be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yawn. He's averaging 4.7 yards per carry. He's consistently gashing the hole, mostly between the tackles. You're an impatient boob, etc...

For the last time, we don't mind LEGIT criticism of any and all Patriots. But baseless, STUPID criticism - clearly meant to simply stir sh!t - is obnoxious and deserves to be smacked down, and hard, your user name remembered and summarily mocked in all threads hereafter.

:agree: :agree: :agree:

MOD, can we merge all these Maroney threads, it's getting pathetic

I agree, just so long as the mine doesn't get merged up with all the "bust" garbage.

Oh puh-leaze with the "YPC." Just more Maroney Baloney. If he's so automatic with 4.7 YPC why not hand it to him every play? You'd be guaranteed a long TD drive on every possession. Duh!! Baloney is not even on going to get 1,000 yards this year. 4.7 is gimme yards because your opponents over-play the pass. This is a passing team for more than one reason: your running game stinks.

Focus on your trash team, with your senile owner, decrepit GM, gutless QB and gimpy RB. Focus, focus, my friend.:)

but me. i was the lone voice on this board last season saying he's not a true #1 back, and he's not. what he is, is a backup back to occasionally spot the real starter, and also return some kicks. he doesn't have power to get through the line, and he doesn't have lateral speed to get outside the tackle. stop pretending he's something he isn't, it only hurts the team. this franchise did not become great holding false assumptions, like bledsoe should start over brady. just like last off season we went out and got real WRs, we need to do some thing this off season to get a real starting RB.

anyone know who the promising draft or free agents are?

This guy is a troll. Look what he had to say a few months ago about "spygate".

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=60883

i dont see why so many on this board are defending the cheating and lashing out at the accusers and victims. if this team cheated like this i no longer support them. they have shamed this city and tarnished the super bowl victories. from here on in everyones minds those trophies have an asterisk, just like bonds hr record.

shoeless joe jackson, ben johnson, pete rose, barry bonds and bill bellicheat.

what a disgrace

:nono:

That best you can do defending Baloney?

Why are you here ? Nobody on your teams forum willing to play with you ?

It amazes me how many posters from other teams hang out here, it just goes to show how great our team is.

Oh puh-leaze with the "YPC." Just more Maroney Baloney. If he's so automatic with 4.7 YPC why not hand it to him every play? You'd be guaranteed a long TD drive on every possession. Duh!! Baloney is not even on going to get 1,000 yards this year. 4.7 is gimme yards because your opponents over-play the pass. This is a passing team for more than one reason: your running game stinks.

and your running game is firing on all cylinders just like OJ. Gimme yards. lol. I suppose Lions should have gimme yards because Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson should be double teamed.

Wow, Cowpatties sure have lotsa YPC since TO and WR team is overplayed.

Wow, Miami back in 80's could really run the ball since Clayton and Duper were being overplayed for pass

Look up the word ****** in dictory, and you'll see your name shemale Bill Jill

but me. i was the lone voice on this board last season saying he's not a true #1 back, and he's not. what he is, is a backup back to occasionally spot the real starter, and also return some kicks. he doesn't have power to get through the line, and he doesn't have lateral speed to get outside the tackle. stop pretending he's something he isn't, it only hurts the team. this franchise did not become great holding false assumptions, like bledsoe should start over brady. just like last off season we went out and got real WRs, we need to do some thing this off season to get a real starting RB.

anyone know who the promising draft or free agents are?

Sorry, but you are whacked. Your assessment is garbage, basically. How can you say Maroney doesn't have the lateral speed to get outside the tackles? He's done that plenty.

As for power, Maroney is learning to run more leaning forward than upright. That doesn' happen over-night. Maroney isn't a POWER back like Dillon. But that doesn't mean he doesn't have power..

Last edited:
That best you can do defending Baloney?

I'll make a deal with you. If "the Gimp" Lynch outrushes Maroney this weekend, I'll admit "the Gimp" is the better back. If Maroney outrushes "the Gimp", you take a dive off of a very large building. Oops. There aren't any in Buffalo! Take a barrel ride then.

you're wrong, and im glad bb has shown a short tolerance for underperformers (i.e. bledsoe, milloy, dillon, etc.) question now, who do we get in draft or fa?

Man, you are really grasping at straws there. Milloy was here for 3 years under BB. Dillon was also here for 3 years and was at the end of his career.

How about you actually watch a game before you start spewing this stupidity.

First off, you do realize that your ypc argument is true for every single RB, right? Nothing will perform optimally if it is done every time. That is a competely idiotic statement.

And also, you do realize that the Patriots have a historic passing offense this year, right? I agree that Maroney has some gaps he needs to work on. I will also agree that I think Lynch has a minor edge on him, but Lynch would not get any more carries than Maroney here. Why? Because it would take an LdT in 2006 type performance for a RB to earn the right to be the primary weapon. Maybe that wouldn't even be enough. Yet, despite this, he is averaging 17 carries a game in those games that he was healthy.

By comparison, Lynch averages 22 carries per game. Somehow, I think it is reasonable to believe that Maroney would get a handful of carries a game more if NE had Buffalo's passing offense.

look at what LM and RB have done their first year, and based on where RB finished last year (~1000 yds), LM should be able to reach that this year if used more in 2nd half of the season.

RB, being a #2 pick in '05 has been a bigger bust so far tham LM having been drafted towards the tail end of RD#1 in '06, injuries not withstanding.

Also RB has the case of fumblitis....4 each in his first 2 seasons, where he played 14 and 13 games. Granted this was his breakout yr. So, the point is be patient - let me get couple yrs under his belt. Not every RB is Tomlinson or Deuce McAllister from day one.

Injury notwithstanding, Brown was leading the league in YFS scrimmage, averaging 5.1 ypc and 10.0 yds per reception (which is crazy for a RB). All this with a putrid offense.

If Maroney doesn't get a 1000 yards, so what. He's missed 3 full games and half a game of 2 others. Thats about 4 games. So, if he puts up 900 yards, I'll be happy.

How can you say that the Pats running game stinks when their top 3 RBs are all averaging 4.5 yards per carry OR MORE?

Just because the Pats split carries between players doesn't mean their RBs stink.

Maybe you should learn something more about the game of football instead of just being a stupid hater who has to offer up childish garbage like name calling of opposing players.

Injury notwithstanding, Brown was leading the league in YFS scrimmage, averaging 5.1 ypc and 10.0 yds per reception (which is crazy for a RB). All this with a putrid offense.

Keepin in mind this is his 3rd yr, and he is/was their main weapon since Miami dumped all their WR's :D . Granted, even with D's focusing on him, he was still tearing it up, that is until you take a closer look

Look at his splits - all his yards came against Jets, Texans, Raiders, and Browns. None of them are any good at stopping the run. Against Redskins, Cowpatties, and Pats, he gained a total of 141 yds on 39 carries (3.6 YPC)

He is no gamebreaker type like Peterson

I'm not saying he's like Peterson, I'm saying he's not a bust.

Good god, I hope you don't really believe this garbage. Maroney may not be the next Payton, but there's no way we're going out and getting another guy to start ahead of him. Not even the smallest sliver of a chance.

Based on what? If there is a RB that is too good to pass up in the draft, than why wouldn't they draft him? There is nobody on this team that is guaranteed to start unless it is Tom Brady. Glass is by no means a LOCK to be the featured back on this team next year.

Last edited:

I agree buffalo_jill. Don't worry, pats homers would still be defending Drew Bledsoe's pathetic play if he never got hurt.

I agree buffalo_jill. Don't worry, pats homers would still be defending Drew Bledsoe's pathetic play if he never got hurt.

Look another teams fan visiting, thanks for the compliment ! But all I hear is a barking dog somewhere down by my feet, can't see it, oh there it is, so tiny !

Defending Drew, lol, I thought he played for you last and his coming was the best to happen to your team. Too bad you didn't know what we did, his greatest gift ? Bad decisions !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots