PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney is made out of glass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Week 3 and already out.

This thread is justified.

Saying I'm trolling because I think our first round draft pick of 2006 who has only started 8 games since is injury prone is illogical.

Saying I'm trolling because I think our first round draft pick of 2006 who has only started 8 games since is injury prone is illogical.

And so you go about raking previous season's 18 page threads to dig some dirt instead of posting on the current open threads that question Maroney's durability.

Worse - this thread was created by a Jets troll who has since been banned and you have no qualms wanting other Pats fans to read (and react to) some of the sheer nonsense and immature responses thinking that this is a new thread.

And you think Deus is acting illogical by labeling you as a troll? :rolleyes:

REST - MOVE ON. Don't bother responding to this. If you want to discuss Maroney's issues, there are current threads that are available.

Last edited:
Hate on? Because I say Maroney is injury proned. Jackson is a bust and Seymour has not been the same player since he signed his new deal.

Keep chuggin that koolaid. Please tell me why calling out a guy who has already missed 2 (going on three) games in his second year is not an injury concern. Maroney does not even get the full load of carries.

Wow, he was attcked for saying these things, but ha been shown to be 100 percent correct. Jackson is a bust, Sey is not the same, and Maroney is hurt AGAIN.

Wow, he was attcked for saying these things, but ha been shown to be 100 percent correct. Jackson is a bust, Sey is not the same, and Maroney is hurt AGAIN.

What's Maroney's injury?
Could he have played last week if the team felt it needed him?
Was it Maroney's decision not to play last week?
How did Seymour play in weeks 1 and 2?

And so you go about raking previous season's 18 page threads to dig some dirt instead of posting on the current open threads that question Maroney's durability.

Worse - this thread was created by a Jets troll who has since been banned and you have no qualms wanting other Pats fans to read (and react to) some of the sheer nonsense and immature responses thinking that this is a new thread.

And you think Deus is acting illogical by labeling you as a troll? :rolleyes:

REST - MOVE ON. Don't bother responding to this. If you want to discuss Maroney's issues, there are current threads that are available.

I use this thread because it's often parodied as if it was somehow false.

Fact of the matter is the guy truley does have serious durability problems, and if I were to make a new thread a sarcastic homer reply of "He's made of glass :rolleyes:" would occur anyways.

Also to the post above me, right on. Jackson WAS a bust, Seymour hasn't been the same and Maroney is already out 3 weeks into the season.

I use this thread because it's often parodied as if it was somehow false.

Fact of the matter is the guy truley does have serious durability problems, and if I were to make a new thread a sarcastic homer reply of "He's made of glass :rolleyes:" would occur anyways.

Also to the post above me, right on. Jackson WAS a bust, Seymour hasn't been the same and Maroney is already out 3 weeks into the season.

And you are a troll

What's Maroney's injury?
Could he have played last week if the team felt it needed him?
Was it Maroney's decision not to play last week?
How did Seymour play in weeks 1 and 2?

Who cares? Maroney is hurt ALL the time. A first round pick should be able to carry the load, not get nicked up every year and miss games because of it. He's dancing again, anyway. Maroney is a platoon back with injury issues. Thats what he is.

Seymour played good vs a horrible team week one, played decent vs the Jets, and looked like fried crap vs the phins. He's not worth his contract, and is not the player he used to be.

Am I a troll to because I don't chug the kool-aid?

And you are a troll

If course he is. You think anyone who is not drunk off the kool-aid is a troll :rolleyes: You were one of the guys calling Danny a bafoon. Well guess what, Maroney is already hurt AGAIN, Jackson was cut ( total bust) and Sey is not what he used to be.

Danny = right

Last edited:
I use..false..Fact..have serious..problems.
funny-pictures-cat-finds-your-lost-marbles.jpg

Who cares? Maroney is hurt ALL the time. A first round pick should be able to carry the load, not get nicked up every year and miss games because of it. He's dancing again, anyway. Maroney is a platoon back with injury issues. Thats what he is.

Seymour played good vs a horrible team week one, played decent vs the Jets, and looked like fried crap vs the phins. He's not worth his contract, and is not the player he used to be.

Am I a troll to because I don't chug the kool-aid?

No. You're clueless because you're clueless. It has nothing to do with chugging anything and everything to do with not knowing what the hell you're talking about. The "who cares" part of your post is a pretty apt.

No. You're clueless because you're clueless. It has nothing to do with chugging anything and everything to do with not knowing what the hell you're talking about. The "who cares" part of your post is a pretty apt.

I see,

Maroney is not made out of glass, and he is never hurt? Tell me why you are satisfied with Maroney's health and progression at this point? He was a first round draft pick, and most people on this board had some pretty high expectations for him. Every year the kid misses games due to injury. He is still dancing at the line, and here we are three games into the season, and he is missing games AGAIN. He's not even a full time back!

Chad jackson was not a bust (he was cut and not a single NFLteam picked him up)? Is this off-base? If so why? Jackson was a total bust, and that fact was compounded when every team in the NFL ( many who are starving for WR's, took a pass on him). The kid was basically a first round pick, and has all the "tools", right?

Seymour is the player that he was before the injury? What has Sey done? Aside from a good performance vs a bunch of rookies on a bad chiefs team.

How am I "clueless"? You are either totally delusional, or you refuse to admit that the things I listed above are somewhat accurate ( no matter how you feel about the players in question).

Last edited:
I see,

Maroney is not made out of glass, and he is never hurt? Tell me why you are satisfied with Maroney's health and progression at this point? He was a first round draft pick, and most people on this board had some pretty high expectations for him. Every year the kid misses games due to injury. He is still dancing at the line, and here we are three games into the season, and he is missing games AGAIN. He's not even a full time back!

Chad jackson was not a bust (he was cut and not a single NFLteam picked him up)? Is this off-base? If so why? Jackson was a total bust, and that fact was compounded when every team in the NFL ( many who are starving for WR's, took a pass on him). The kid was basically a first round pick, and has all the "tools", right?

Seymour is the player that he was before the injury? What has Sey done? Aside from a good performance vs a bunch of rookies on a bad chiefs team.

How am I "clueless". You are either totally delusional. or you refuse to admit that the things I listed above are somewhat accurate ( no matter how you feel about the players in question).

The team has a surfeit of running backs on the roster. This had people wondering if the team would make one of them inactive every week. Now, because the team decided not to have Maroney active last week, you decide to post ignorant drivel. You have no idea whether or not Maroney was hurt to any real degree. In fact, Jordan was the running back listed as doubtful on the injury report during the week, not Maroney. It's possible that BB was playing games with the report. It's possible that Maroney was really hurt somewhat badly all along. And, it's possible that the team just decided not to put Maroney out there with a 'ding' he could have played with when it had 4 other running backs ready to go. As with seemingly everything else relating to football, you just don't know.

The team has a surfeit of running backs on the roster. This had people wondering if the team would make one of them inactive every week. Now, because the team decided not to have Maroney active last week, you decide to post ignorant drivel. You have no idea whether or not Maroney was hurt to any real degree. In fact, Jordan was the running back listed as doubtful on the injury report during the week, not Maroney. It's possible that BB was playing games with the report. It's possible that Maroney was really hurt somewhat badly all along. And, it's possible that the team just decided not to put Maroney out there with a 'ding' he could have played with when it had 4 other running backs ready to go. As with seemingly everything else relating to football, you just don't know.

Looks like one long winded excuse to me. You can't just call a spade a spade. Did you say you where a business owner?

Do you make excuses for underperforming workers or products? Maybe a guy has a bad month, then you can chalk that up as a fluke, but if a guy is constantly doing the wrong things, you have to look at that as a trend. Is it Maroney's fault that he is injury prone? No, but it's part of the game. Don't try to tell me Maroney isn't injury prone. There is a record there. Same goes for his dancing at the line. I bet he works on that every single day, but again, it's part of his game (good or bad). At the end of the day in business or on the football field, show me the numbers. You give passes for certain situations, but when a trend of a constant problem keeps coming up, you have to take a look at the situation.

Belichick is famous for playing his players. Seymour as a fullback, hobbs on kr this year, why would he "hold out" Maroney so much? It's not what he is all about. Belichick is not a "kid's glove" type of coach. As for what I said about Jackson you are wrong, plain and simple. Jackson is a bust, and it was proven when not a single NFL team even looked at him after the cut.

Sey is nt what he used to be. One good performance, vs a bunch of rookies, on a bad football team means nothing. Lets count up all the games when he seemed to be a non factor, and did little to nothing. It's not his fault that he is hurt, but again, thats part of the game. Guys who can't get it done, shouldent get paid more than guys who can.

Nothing I said was "clueless", my argument is sound, and I'm not the only one who feels this way. I have not lied, or made claims that do not have history behind them. You refuse to look at the pats in a negative way, and that is biased.

Last edited:
Nothing I said was "clueless", my argument is sound, and I'm not the only one who feels this way. I have not lied, or made claims that do not have history behind them. You refuse to look at the pats in a negative way, and that is biased.

Dude, you're clueless (or ignorant if you prefer). My pointing that out isn't a lie and it isn't exposing a state secret. You have no idea what the severity of Maroney's injury is/was, yet you're commenting about it as if you know something. Whatever the injury was, it didn't preclude him from going back into the Jets game in the second half, just for example. He might have tweaked a muscle, or he might be suffering a terminal injury. We have no idea, thanks to the policies about injuries in the Patriots' organization.

As for Seymour, it was pretty clear in the first 2 games that he was playing at a very high level. Using the 3rd game as evidence that he's "not the same" when almost every player on the team stunk out the joint is just a typically misleading approach that the ignorant and the trolls both like to use. And, lastly, regarding Jackson, I don't blame players for blowing out ACLs, and I don't know what he might have been if he hadn't done so. Then again, neither do you.

And pointing out that you are clueless is not refusing to look at the Pats in a negative way. I just believe that common sense is something that people should actually use. When you've got a bad team with a bad coach, it makes sense to criticize much more often than when you've got a great team with a great coach. A team with 3 Super Bowl victories, 4 Super Bowl appearances, 5 AFCCG appearances and 6 playoff appearances in 7 years, the 2 longest winning streaks in NFL history during that time should certainly have earned the benefit of the doubt on matters that are not obvious. That's why I said that I'd likely be proven wrong when I publicly stated that I wanted to the team to draft the LT and not Mayo and, consequently, didn't like the Mayo pick.

Sadly, the ignorant and the silly, like yourself, will completely miss this obvious point and just post drivel and nonsense repeatedly.

Last edited:
As much as I like Maroney, I'm starting to believe he's made of glass as well. When I found out he was out against Miami, it really bummed me out. I was a Maroney fan before the 2006 draft and wrote on this board that the Pats would and should take him with the 21st pick. I was pysched when the Pats took him and thought he would be an immediate star for the team. Turns out the only thing Maroney is consistant with is getting "nicked up".

As far as the dancing goes, I don't blame Maroney because there seems to be LB's in the backfield almost everytime he gets the ball. Some people on this board have joked how "the O-line doesn't like him so they don't block for him". Then you see Morris or Jordan get the ball and holes magically apear and there isn't a LB waiting for them in the backfield. However, the O-line gave Morris no love against Miami last week.

In the end, I'm not losing hope on Maroney because he's still young and shows he does have lots of talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes