PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney is made out of glass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, you're clueless (or ignorant if you prefer). My pointing that out isn't a lie and it isn't exposing a state secret. You have no idea what the severity of Maroney's injury is/was, yet you're commenting about it as if you know something. Whatever the injury was, it didn't preclude him from going back into the Jets game in the second half, just for example. He might have tweaked a muscle, or he might be suffering a terminal injury. We have no idea, thanks to the policies about injuries in the Patriots' organization.

As for Seymour, it was pretty clear in the first 2 games that he was playing at a very high level. Using the 3rd game as evidence that he's "not the same" when almost every player on the team stunk out the joint is just a typically misleading approach that the ignorant and the trolls both like to use. And, lastly, regarding Jackson, I don't blame players for blowing out ACLs, and I don't know what he might have been if he hadn't done so. Then again, neither do you.

And pointing out that you are clueless is not refusing to look at the Pats in a negative way. I just believe that common sense is something that people should actually use. When you've got a bad team with a bad coach, it makes sense to criticize much more often than when you've got a great team with a great coach. A team with 3 Super Bowl victories, 4 Super Bowl appearances, 5 AFCCG appearances and 6 playoff appearances in 7 years, the 2 longest winning streaks in NFL history during that time should certainly have earned the benefit of the doubt on matters that are not obvious. That's why I said that I'd likely be proven wrong when I publicly stated that I wanted to the team to draft the LT and not Mayo and, consequently, didn't like the Mayo pick.

Sadly, the ignorant and the silly, like yourself, will completely miss this obvious point and just post drivel and nonsense repeatedly.

Long winded excuse.

Maroney = Glass
Jackson= Bust
Seymour= past his prime

Plain and simple.

Last edited:
Maroney = Glass
Jackson= Bust
Seymour= past his prime

No you're wrong.

Maroney is almost never injured, Jackson was not a bust and Seymour is in his prime right now.

Stop trolling. :rolleyes:

That 2006 draft really hurt us.

Imagine if we had taken Greg Jennings and Joseph Addai instead.

Now it's a few years later and we still need youth at WR and RB... Maroney's a bum. I dont see the Pats resigning him when his contract ends.

That 2006 draft really hurt us.

Imagine if we had taken Greg Jennings and Joseph Addai instead.

Now it's a few years later and we still need youth at WR and RB... Maroney's a bum. I dont see the Pats resigning him when his contract ends.

+1 On Jennings and Addai.
I don't actually think Maroney is a Bum, but he can't stay on the field, and he is not really a difference maker IMO.
For a 1st Rdr, I do think he is pretty weak though...

Polian snookered us there, took Addai 9 picks later.

Last edited:
i dont necessarily agree that maroney is an injury prone player. i mean, hes been pretty durable for us. Even Brian Westbrook misses about 2 or 3 games per year. I think if we employed a true pro style offense which utlizied the run game more, Maroney would be considered a top back in the league. i think that after the bye we are going to either (1) go back to the offense we expected to say with Brady or (2) a 50-50 run/pass offense which uses more traditional formations. I think if we choose the latter, Maroney will be a force to be reckoned with.

i dont necessarily agree that maroney is an injury prone player. i mean, hes been pretty durable for us. Even Brian Westbrook misses about 2 or 3 games per year. I think if we employed a true pro style offense which utlizied the run game more, Maroney would be considered a top back in the league. i think that after the bye we are going to either (1) go back to the offense we expected to say with Brady or (2) a 50-50 run/pass offense which uses more traditional formations. I think if we choose the latter, Maroney will be a force to be reckoned with.

Maroney should not be mentioned in the same sentance as Westbrook. Why don't we compare Maroney to AP while we are at it. Maroney is not even a full time back, and people have been saying that "he is going to be a force" for three years now. Maroney needs to put up or shut up. Strong, consistant running (no dancing), stay on the field for extended periods of time and make plays. I want to see this big time speed, and playmaking ability he has. Thats all we heard about, right?

Last year he had an easier time because of the passing game, down the stretch teams where worried about our air game, lets see if SloMo can make something happen this year, doubt it.

Maroney has been durable for us? Pass whatever your smoking brother!

Last edited:
News flash for all you L.M. haters.
If Addai was on this team you would be flaming him.
He basically turned invisible after the Nov. last year.
But whatever, if only J. Addai was on this team everything would be .....

i dont necessarily agree that maroney is an injury prone player.

He's now been reported as out for the rest of the year.

Since being the named the official starter last year, Maroney will have missed 16 games due to injury, plus 2 prior when he was the backup.

Time to move on, imagine if this team had an actual running game?

He's now been reported as out for the rest of the year.

Since being the named the official starter last year, Maroney will have missed 16 games due to injury, plus 2 prior when he was the backup.

Time to move on, imagine if this team had an actual running game?

I don't know if the Pats will move on, but believe me the thought did cross my mind. I think that they will keep Maroney, but they might start looking for another back, IMO.

I think glass is too sturdy, Maroney needs to be in a new category following this injury. I'm thinking he's made out of snowflakes or paper mache.

What's Maroney's injury?
Could he have played last week if the team felt it needed him?

He's out for the season.
No.

Please tell us how there's no durability issue with Maroney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back