PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mark Daniels on the fall of Mac Jones

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

Obvious he was never the guy. Doesn't have the leadership or temperament. "He wanted to be one of the guys".

Pats/BB should have read this when Jones talked to them before the draft.

Freelancing and playing outside of BOB's system. That explains a lot.

He was injured in the Colts game too. Had a stinger and it sounds like it was on that int. Huh

Freelancing and playing outside of BOB's system. That explains a lot.

He was injured in the Colts game too. Huh
Apparently he had an injury. Can’t make that stuff up.

This article feels like a PR move from Mac camp.

When Belichick told him that Zappe would start, Jones reacted by watching every NFL game he played in to see where things went wrong. He later admitted his mistakes to those around him and realized that despite players struggling around him, some of his biggest errors were on him for freelancing.

Yeah that's a great way to end your relationship with BB. We've seen it here before.

Two defensive players told MassLive that the Patriots offense didn’t look like it was on the same page in practice. Those issues started early in the fall and didn’t necessarily stop when Zappe took over.

Lol. Lol. So not much changed from 2022 after all. Lol. If you want to know a reason why BB was fired... ^^^^

Apparently he had an injury. Can’t make that stuff up.

This article feels like a PR move from Mac camp.
Some of it is I think. Daniels does call it out as "Jones supporters say..." like whining about his receivers dropping his best passes. Cmon kid this is the NFL everything won't be roses and unicorns here.

Yeah that's a great way to end your relationship with BB. We've seen it here before.

If true, it's especially egregious because this entire offensive system is based on structure, and the QB/weapons being on the same page. Having your QB go rogue in that scenario dooms a play from the start. Not to mention this particular QB isn't an athletic phenom, so his ability to just create out of nothing isn't there, and outside of maybe Douglas, the weapons he had weren't the kind of players to excel at a freelance kind of play. No one was being instructed, trained, taught, whatever to be looking for scramble plays.

I don’t know about anyone else here but I have dozens of friends with children with developmental disabilities of various degrees, and this “ corky” **** that Triumph started has gotten really old. Literally no one wants Mac Jones here, but that’s no reason to be this offensive every single day. If you want to insult him go ahead, but there’s no need to copy the dumbest and most offensive poster on this site to do it.

From Daniels article:
According to a source, the Patriots don’t plan on picking up Jones’ fifth-year option. The quarterback has a clean slate with Mayo and could remain on the roster, but the team won’t hesitate to move him if the right deal comes across their desk.

I wouldn't count on him sticking around.

I don’t know about anyone else here but I have dozens of friends with children with developmental disabilities of various degrees, and this “ corky” **** that Triumph started has gotten really old. Literally no one wants Mac Jones here, but that’s no reason to be this offensive every single day. If you want to insult him go ahead, but there’s no need to copy the dumbest and most offensive poster on this site to do it.
Honest Question…what’s the “Corky” reference? Guessing it’s pop culture that I’m missing.

From Daniels article:

Agreed. The thing is he basically has no value right now.

Maybe he can be a reclamation project... Goff is an example that it can happen...

I just hope it doesn't happen here...

Honest Question…what’s the “Corky” reference? Guessing it’s pop culture that I’m missing.
His middle name is literally McCorkle... Michael McCorkle Jones... pretty sure its a dig on his name, not a reference to any type of mental disease or defect... least, that how it comes across to me...

ck45t2t.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe he can be a reclamation project... Goff is an example that it can happen...

I just hope it doesn't happen here...
Goff wasn’t a reclamation project.

“The Patriots believed they upgraded the receiver position by signing JuJu Smith-Schuster, but a chronic knee injury led to the receiver lacking the same burst. The Patriots also discovered he wasn’t as detailed as a route runner compared to Meyers.”

Albert Breer got ripped to shreds by posters when he said Schuster’s knee was going to “blow up”. He looked pretty cooked this season.

I've never called him Corky for that reason and Triumph is a moron. I've calle him McCorkle and Cork to play off his middle name but that's it.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back