PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marc Savard and I Can't Believe This Crap.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
So ... will the magic of last year escape us this year? So far Savard and Lucic are injured for 4-6 weeks. I have a bad feeling about this year. I hope it's not 1 step forward and 2 steps backwards. We're already thin with Phil gone. I'm just rambling here but I am seriously disappointed in how the year has begun. If Chara goes down we could be toast very, very early.

It sucks to be so close to seeing the team become a force in the league and now we have lost 3 1st rate players from last year (Phil, Milan, & Marc).

Not only that but it's a treat to watch Savard play ... even when they lose I just love watching him skate, create and score. Now no Milan or Marc or Phil streaking to the net ... Claude is going to be playing the trap big time now and hopefully we can hang on.

So ... thoughts ... does anyone feel luck (injury luck) will prevail after this?

Anyone else feel like venting?

Last edited:
They are 4-4-0 this year with 8 points in the standings...last year they were 3-2-3 with nine points in the standings.

Last year they had scored 25 goals, this year they have scored 23 goals.

Last year had given up 27 goals, this year they have given up 25 goals.

They are third in their division, roughly seventh or eight overall. Last year they were in fourth place in the division and roughly nineth in the East.

It is early in the season and those guys who are out have more than enough time to get back into the swing of things and in fact they are due to return right about the time the Bruins put together their remarkable 12-1 run in December last year.

Last edited:
Looch and Savard going down with long term injuries suck but I think they can hold on until they get healthy.

Bergy really stepped up his game last night like we needed him to do and I really liked what I saw from Paille and Marchand.

Looch and Savard going down with long term injuries suck but I think they can hold on until they get healthy.

Bergy really stepped up his game last night like we needed him to do and I really liked what I saw from Paille and Marchand.

Yup ... was a good sight ... now if they can do it for 1 month more.;)

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back