PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manny Ramirez will be suspended 50 games for positive drug test

Real World

Reaction score
No one would surprise me really. Everyone is tainted in this era I think.

Manny Ramirez will be suspended 50 games for positive drug test

Kirby Lee / US Presswire

The suspension makes Ramirez the biggest star penalized under baseball's testing program that started in 2003.

Manny Ramirez has tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs and will be suspended 50 games starting today, The Times has learned.

The test result and suspension is expected to be announced later today. The Dodgers informed triple-A outfielder Xavier Paul this morning that he was being promoted to Los Angeles.

Manny Ramirez will be suspended 50 games for positive drug test - Los Angeles Times

:)

I just saw that.

Guess Manny isn't getting the last laugh at the Sox after all!

What if Manny hadn't pulled that stunt and was still with the Sox? Hate to say it, but I'm wondering if Papi is off it and that's why he can't hit anymore.. They were close in Boston, and they're both from the DR, where this stuff is easy to get..

In a related story, the Dodgers had just announced a "Mannywood" promotion.. From SI article:

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Manny Ramirez now has a place to call his own at Dodger Stadium.

Starting Thursday, Los Angeles Dodgers fans will be able to sit in "Mannywood," a section of seats in left field named in honor of the team's left fielder.

The field level seats, located on the fair side of the foul pole and closest to Ramirez's playing position, will be sold in pairs with Mannywood T-shirts for $99. The price represents Ramirez's jersey number.

On May 5, in celebration of Cinco de Mayo, fans who purchase tickets in Ramirez's seating section will receive a limited edition T-shirt with the Spanish phrase "Yo estuve en Mannywood," which means "I was in Mannywood."

Does Manny get paid during the suspension?

Apparently he is going to say that he was taking some drug for some yet to be disclosed illness (I'm guessing a sore hamstring).

Let's see those Mannywood jerseys now.....

I was up in arms after the manny trade, but admitted afterwards, once it came out that he quit on his team, that I was wrong and he had to go. But I can only imagine the size of the sh&t eating grins being sported in the front offices of yawkey Way today.

Answering my own question, Manny loses about $8 million.. sweeeet!!! :singing:

I'd like to say i'm surprised....but i'm not. I have been glad he's gone for some time now but in the day I was glad he played for us. Get ready for the perception from all the boston haters that the sox world series now have an * attached. MLB is a friggen cesspool!

"Recently I saw a physician for a personal health issue. He gave me a medication, not a steroid, which he thought was OK to give me," Ramirez said. "Unfortunately, the medication was banned under our drug policy. Under the policy that mistake is now my responsibility. I have been advised not to say anything more for now."

1. What was the 'personal health issue'?
2. Who was the physician?
3. What was the medication?

Wonder how many of those questions will ever be answered... :rolleyes:

I'd like to say i'm surprised....but i'm not. I have been glad he's gone for some time now but in the day I was glad he played for us. Get ready for the perception from all the boston haters that the sox world series now have an * attached. MLB is a friggen cesspool!

Every WS title should have that * attached to it, since it seems like everyone was juicing. I feel bad for the guys who were legit, cuz they can't prove they were in this era.

It doesn't say it was steroids, but a violation of the drug policy.
Read the rest of Manny's statement - he's passed 15 drug tests over the past 5 years.

Read the rest of Manny's statement - he's passed 15 drug tests over the past 5 years.

you have got to be kidding me? your still washing manny's balls:rolleyes:? the stuff he was using is used to restart the bodies natural production of testosterone after a cycle of steroid use. its also used to mask steroid use. give it up already.

Wow what a surprise. I wonder why there was nothing found on him during that idiotic MLB investigation. Could it be that the guy doing the investigating
was a part owner of the Red Sox. Oh yeah, that's right he probably only started to use after he left the Sox. At least that's what some people will try to sell.

The IOC keeps blood and urine samples for years because new substances are constantly coming out that can't be tested for until they're discovered. Its not much different from updating your anti-virus definitions. There's a possibility that he's been taking this stuff for years and the league just finally caught on. There's also the possibility that he screwed up and took more than his dope guy told him too and that's the reason he was discovered.

There's no truth to the rumor that Manny said double or nothing.

In any case ... Manny got the daily double ... 100 games. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So Manny went France ... and surrendered.

Guess he figures retirement might save his HOF chances ????????

sgen139l.jpg

Last edited:
man what a sad and pathetic way to end a career.

Manny was not even going to get my honorable mention as one of my favorite all-time Sox, and that was before his latest suspension. One of the greatest RH hitters in the game and he played for the Sox...........yet, something about when his bat never left his shoulders on three baseballs across the plate was the end for me. Anyone who ever read stories on Ted Williams knows Teddyballgame had his moments of infamy, but he always showed up to play. Teddy was the best LH the Sox ever had (maybe baseball). Manny may have been the best RH hitter the Sox ever had. One hit a home run in his last at bat the other quit. Need I say more.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back