PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning To Retire - Announcement coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy he is done. I wish the Pats coulda put him out of his misery instead of the storybook/scripted NYFL ending.

I'm going to be a contrarian and argue that Brady's accomplishments (and whatever records he might still put up) are all the greater because, year after year, he had to get past Peyton Manning to achieve them. Wins. Conference Championships. Super Bowls.

Brady's legacy is all the greater because he didn't just have to beat out Ben Roethlisberger with his two rings and a bunch of one-hit (Flacco) or no-hit (Luck, Rivers) wonders to achieve them, but a guy who put up some of the greatest numbers in the history of the League and got to four SB's of his own.

In the long run, Brady's star will shine even brighter because he played alongside Manning in the same conference for 15 seasons and will always come out ahead in any comparison to Peyton.

I'm going to be a contrarian and argue that Brady's accomplishments (and whatever records he might still put up) are all the greater because, year after year, he had to get past Peyton Manning to achieve them. Wins. Conference Championships. Super Bowls.

Brady's legacy is all the greater because he didn't just have to beat out Ben Roethlisberger with his two rings and a bunch of one-hit (Flacco) or no-hit (Luck, Rivers) wonders to achieve them, but a guy who put up some of the greatest numbers in the history of the League and got to four SB's of his own.

In the long run, Brady's star will shine even brighter because he played alongside Manning in the same conference for 15 seasons and will always come out ahead in any comparison to Peyton.

Sounds like Russell v Chamberlin argument part deux.

With that said the argument holds water when winning is all that matters.

I hope he plays one more year.

Pretty sure he's retiring. Just saw this on Ebay from the Denver area under an AM/PM account.

IV Pump.jpg

Glad you're so pleased about the success of your Manning woobies. Go back to the Giants forum where you belong. See how smug you feel when Brady wins his fifth and regains the lead over BOTH.

Oooookay...
maxresdefault.jpg

#MeatFinallyCutGate

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday