PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning To Retire - Announcement coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogansArmy

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Just read this on the Denver Post, written by Woody Paige who I always thought was a goofball... but he does seem to have access to inside sources specially in the Broncos. Kinda wish Manning would've stayed for another year so Brady can even him up in the playoffs, but as it stands if he retires, he'll be known as having a 3-2 record vs. Brady in the playoffs. So pissed at BB right now as all Brady haters will now hang their hat on this.

Paige: Broncos' Peyton Manning will ride off into the sunset

There are new NFL offseason regulations these days. Manning had only a month to deliberate his retirement, but he already had indicated to family and close friends, and Bill Belichick, that this most likely was his last rodeo.

But Manning had to be sure.

Peyton met with John at the Elway home last week, and now Manning is certain.

Last edited:
Took TWO Mannings to match his ring count though.

If true, it would not surprise me in the slightest.
Does anybody really believe that the cheating, horse-face goober would want to put up with a season during which he could possibly be in trouble with the Law and would have to start answering real questions from people who are not paid to help make him look good and who would be doing this every week for the next 5-6 months?
Nah; he'll retire a SB champeen, and then lay as low as possible for the next calendar year.

Last edited:
Just read this on the Denver Post, written by Woody Paige who I always thought was a goofball...

Yup I just heard on my local news. I think Broncos reported that they will have a formal announcement later on today.

A day later and the predictable deniers weigh in.. gee willikers I certainly hope Woody is not embarassed;);)... but in this world any publicity is "good publicity"...

The Bronco's deny this report... Patrick Smyth is a Bronco's PR guy..

Patrick Smyth‏@psmyth12
Patrick Smyth Retweeted Dan Petty

Peyton has not made a decision on his future. Plan remains for him to continue talks with the team this week.

Brady already owns every post season records. If he can play three more years at this level he'll be on the cusp of all of Manning's records. Throw in a 4th season that's the start of a decline and he'll break them all.

Regular season wins
Manning 186
Brady 172
difference 14
Worst case mid 2017

Yards
Manning 71940
Brady 58028
difference 13912
3 seasons @ 4637
4 seasons @ 3478

TD
Manning 539
Brady 428
difference 111
3 seasons @37
4 seasons @28

Interceptions
Manning 251
Brady 150
difference 101
3 seasons @34
4 seasons @ 25
11 seasons @ Brady's career average

Brady already owns every post season records. If he can play three more years at this level he'll be on the cusp of all of Manning's records. Throw in a 4th season that's the start of a decline and he'll break them all.
I never used to care about all the personal records. But now, of course, it's different, and I can't wait for TB12 to smash them all.

As TB12 said in the one text : "That is the final chapter".

Regular season wins
Manning 186
Brady 172
difference 14
Worst case mid 2017

Yards
Manning 71940
Brady 58028
difference 13912
3 seasons @ 4637
4 seasons @ 3478

TD
Manning 539
Brady 428
difference 111
3 seasons @37
4 seasons @28

Interceptions
Manning 251
Brady 150
difference 101
3 seasons @34
4 seasons @ 25
I knew the wins record was close but didn't realize the TDs record was actually attainable. Brady can definitely manage 3 more years with 35 touchdowns or so and then just toss a few more in a fourth year to break the record. That would be so sweet too, Manning savored that record so dearly. I wonder if Brady will choreograph a keep-away session with Edelman and Gronk?

Agree with others saying "who cares" in regards to personal records for TB12. Yes the rings are really all that truly matter. Would just be fun if Brady happened to pass Manning in all of his precious records as a byproduct of the pursuit of more rings.

Wins is the only one that matters and he will break out in 2017 and will pass 200 regular season in 2019.

Agree with others saying "who cares" in regards to personal records for TB12. Yes the rings are really all that truly matter. Would just be fun if Brady happened to pass Manning in all of his precious records as a byproduct of the pursuit of more rings.
Rings is the only stat I care about

Let manning have the most passing yards and most 1 and done

Regular season wins
Manning 186
Brady 172
difference 14
Worst case mid 2017

Yards
Manning 71940
Brady 58028
difference 13912
3 seasons @ 4637
4 seasons @ 3478

TD
Manning 539
Brady 428
difference 111
3 seasons @37
4 seasons @28

Interceptions
Manning 251
Brady 150
difference 101
3 seasons @34
4 seasons @ 25

How many years does he need to catch peyton in sb rings... Oh wait

Looking at a comparison of Brady and Peyton led teams from 2001-2015 illustrates how they are remarkably close in the stats category when looking at from a team's performance perspective. The stats that stand out are the interceptions, the Pass to rush ratio and Championships. (This does not include team performance during the respective injury years of 2008 and 2011)

Reference from Pro Football Reference (great site)

upload_2016-2-28_12-24-28.png

IOW, a QB's stats do not include overall Team Performance or Success while under center.

I never used to care about all the personal records. But now, of course, it's different, and I can't wait for TB12 to smash them all.

As TB12 said in the one text : "That is the final chapter".

To smash them all, and then use Peyton's tears to salt the rim of his margarita glass as Tommy relaxes by the pool, basking in the warmth of victory's sweet sweet smile.

Suck it, Seyton. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back