PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mankins could hold up NFL settlement

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will probably also claim you can't drop something he was never convinced you were asking for because only an army of unnamed sources said you were and you publicly claimed you never asked for anything...;)

Wrong again, as usual. I believe Mankins signed onto the suit hoping to use it to gain free agency, however the topic of this thread was whether Mankins would hold up the CBA for personal demands and I said he wouldn't , and he didn't. You were claiming he was still making this demand and i said there was no evidence of that other than mediot speculation based upon unnnamed sources. Mankins never held up the CBA and all those dumping on him look like incredible douchebags who are still clinging to their hate and delusions despite the reality of the situation.

Keep on hatin Mo, you are good at it.

Actually I think it's better to deal with mistakes instead of running from them the way you do. You will go on and on and on and on and on and on about a topic but when confronted with your own BS you simply disappear, as you did when you claimed that governments wsould have to buy teams and refused to address the questions asked of you as to why communities simply couldn't do what Green Bay did. Nor would you respond to the very simple question of whether or not you saw Belichik present Mankins on the NFL top 100. You try to play Federal Prosecutor in thread after thread deconstructing every word and cross examining those you are arguing with, which while an effective message board tool is also incredibly arrogant and obnoxious.
I responded over and over again to those issues. You don't 'win' when you keep saying the same thing over and over again, and I just give up trying to show you the error in your argument.

But, please, do as you say, and deal with "Mankins is better than Hannah" because you just deflected it twice.

Uh, come again? Each of Tom Brady's most recent 3 seasons (throwing out the injury year) he has been sacked fewer times than he was in any of his first 6. The o-line deserves some credit for that, but it is ridiculous to call Brady a "statue".

Brady may have been sacked less often, but he's getting hit much more often.
His last 3 PO games (all losses), plus the opening game of '08, have resulted in lots of hits,
sacks, and one torn-up knee.
And does anyone believe that he will become more mobile after off-season foot surgery?

Now in the twilight of his career, Brady needs the absolute best protection Bill can give him.
Without Mankin$ (and Matt Light, mirabile dictu), I fear for his health, and our future.

I responded over and over again to those issues. You don't 'win' when you keep saying the same thing over and over again, and I just give up trying to show you the error in your argument.

But, please, do as you say, and deal with "Mankins is better than Hannah" because you just deflected it twice.

No you didn't, you never said whether or not you saw the mankins piece and you never said why communities shouldn't be allowed to buy shares in their teams. Feel free to quote your responses to those questions to save you time, but from everything i have read they don't exist.

As for Mankins being better than Hannah the easiest way to answer is to admit i'm wrong. Hannah had a better career than Mankins has had but Mankins imo is going to be a HOF player. My take on Mankins being better is really more about the fact that many players from that era simply could not play in todays NFL, and it is hard to imagine Hannah playing guard in todays NFL at 260 lbs let alone dominate the way Mankins does, however that's a slippery slope to go down and it probably makes more sense to simply go by their careers in the context they played in than to put them in uniform today.

Once again I have answered your question and what remains is for you to answer mine.

No you didn't, you never said whether or not you saw the mankins piece and you never said why communities shouldn't be allowed to buy shares in their teams. Feel free to quote your responses to those questions to save you time, but from everything i have read they don't exist.

As for Mankins being better than Hannah the easiest way to answer is to admit i'm wrong. Hannah had a better career than Mankins has had but Mankins imo is going to be a HOF player. My take on Mankins being better is really more about the fact that many players from that era simply could not play in todays NFL, and it is hard to imagine Hannah playing guard in todays NFL at 260 lbs let alone dominate the way Mankins does, however that's a slippery slope to go down and it probably makes more sense to simply go by their careers in the context they played in than to put them in uniform today.

Once again I have answered your question and what remains is for you to answer mine.

I doubt Mankins will make the HOF because guards just don't typically make the HOF. There are only 7 guards in the HOF from the modern era. So in the fifty or so years of what is considered the modern era, 7 guys have gotten the nod.

Mankins isn't even the clear cut best guard in football today. You can make a strong argument for that, but there are others who have legitimate claims for that title. Unless over the next five or six years he becomes the clear cut best guard in the NFL, I don't think he has a shot. Maybe if he played another position.

I doubt Mankins will make the HOF because guards just don't typically make the HOF. There are only 7 guards in the HOF from the modern era. So in the fifty or so years of what is considered the modern era, 7 guys have gotten the nod.

Mankins isn't even the clear cut best guard in football today. You can make a strong argument for that, but there are others who have legitimate claims for that title. Unless over the next five or six years he becomes the clear cut best guard in the NFL, I don't think he has a shot. Maybe if he played another position.

It's all opinion but mine is that Mankins is the clear cut best guard in football and he will go down as the best of this era when his career is over, at that point people can debate whether or not he was better than Hannah but to proclaim him as such now is a mistake on my part. Mankins played a shortened season by his own choice but still was named all pro, and that's pretty much unheard of at any position, and i think it reflects a consensus that he is the best in the league.

It's all opinion but mine is that Mankins is the clear cut best guard in football and he will go down as the best of this era when his career is over, at that point people can debate whether or not he was better than Hannah but to proclaim him as such now is a mistake on my part. Mankins played a shortened season by his own choice but still was named all pro, and that's pretty much unheard of at any position, and i think it reflects a consensus that he is the best in the league.

But you don't vote for the HOF. The general perception that he is one of the best guards, but there is not concensus that he is the best guard. I think if you ran a poll right now of who is the best guard, it would be split between him and Jahri Evans.

As for Mankins getting the All Pro, his main competition for best guard in the NFL also was voted an All Pro. So it really doesn't mean he is the consensus best guard in the league. That means he is the consensus best guard in the league potentially other than Jahri Evans.

But you don't vote for the HOF.

If the criteria for discussing the HOF on this board is that you have to hold the vote for it then Borges is the only one who can comment.

If the criteria for discussing the HOF on this board is that you have to hold the vote for it then Borges is the only one who can comment.

My point is your opinion is biased because you are a Pats' fan (most fans are biased when evaluating the own team's talent) and may not speak for any of the voters who will be voting for the HOF when Mankins is eligible. There is only one sportswriter from this area who votes and we don't even know who it will be when Mankins will be eligible. Borges is in his mid to late 50s and will be well over 60 when Mankins is eligible.

The simple truth is Mankins plays a position that largely gets ignored by HOF voters and he is probably not the consensus clear cut best guard in the league. Those two things are huge setbacks in his quest for Canton. It isn't his fault, but it is the harsh reality of the situation.

Last edited:

I just threw up in my mouth....

Thanks....:D

Just pay up!!Considering that TB is not a mobile QB, this offensive line needs to be very good.

I think its funny that the kool-aid guzzlers still have their panties in a bunch over this.....

the quality of mankins as a football player is greatly dependent upon their personal opinion of him as a person, right?

I think its funny that the kool-aid guzzlers still have their panties in a bunch over this.....

the quality of mankins as a football player is greatly dependent upon their personal opinion of him as a person, right?

Wrong...I don't think any one is denying he is one of the top 3-5 guards in the league, regardless of his personality. But your logic has been off during this entire debate, so it is not surprising that you would draw this conclusion based on what has been written.

Last edited:
To paraphrase a former Vice-Presidential candidate - Mr. Mankins, John Hannah was a friend of mine and, sir, you're no John Hannah.

You're right, Mankins is better.

"Townes", ladies and gentlemen!!
jester.gif

I'll answer it...you're either 20 years old or you are NUTS...with today's training regimens and diets, John Hannah would easily have carried 20 more pounds to fill out his 6'3" ,270 pound frame. As far as the eye test goes, having SEEN John Hannah's entire career and Logan Mankins' body of work to date, I can only say you are totally ignorant. If I want a yard on 3rd and 1, I run 100 times out of 100 times behind John Hannah. He has been called the greatest offensive lineman in NFL history for a reason.

This is the google images link for "Greatest Offensive Lineman Of All Time"....note it is just a general search for images associated with this singular idea...

tobiko or salmon roe - Google Search

Scroll down through hundreds and hundreds of images...see any sign of Logan Mankins???? Now go back to the top and scroll down through the first 50 images...who is 90% of the images???

Walter Payton played in the same decade that Hannah did...I guess by your ***hat logic,Adrian Petersen is a better running back because he weighs more.

Lmao

What part of my acknowledging I was wrong don't you understand?

You are so horny to screech that you apparently can't read.

mine.

Pretty clear acknowledgement that I'm wrong.

Wrong...I don't think any one is denying he is one of the top 3-5 guards in the league, regardless of his personality. But your logic has been off during this entire debate, so it is not surprising that you would draw this conclusion based on what has been written.

my logic has been fine.........its your emotions that get the best of you

my logic has been fine.........its your emotions that get the best of you

I haven't had a single emotion invested in this debate. And your logic has not been fine.

Not seeing that Mankins beef (if there was one) should be with the NFLPA and not the owners is the first error in your logic. The second was stating that he should have held out like John Hannah did, you can't compare a hold out prior to 93' to anything that happens in today's NFL. Its apples and oranges.

No emotion - just logic supported by facts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore