PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mandatory Mini Camp Practice- 6/16

JoeJuan is not an outside CB. It’s obvious that most people who responding didn’t even read the article .

But they are right anyway....snowflakes.

Yeah I don't even consider SloJuan a CB at all now...Last time I did a projection on PatsPicker, I moved him to Free Safety...I think that's his best chance to make the 53 now, here or anywhere else...

Being in a "Brain fog" would mean you have a symptom. If you have a symptom, you're not asymptomatic, by definition.

Definition of ASYMPTOMATIC

ASYMPTOMATIC | Definition of ASYMPTOMATIC by Oxford Dictionary on Lexico.com also meaning of ASYMPTOMATIC
Man you love to nitpick everything. Cam said he was asymptomatic, how many guys out there admitting they are concussed before the new protocols. Also brain fog wasn't really considered a potential long term symptom when cam got it. No one is denying his mechanics suck. But he just came out extra bad after covid and Edelman went down.

I think too many people are not even recognizing/considering Stidham …he has had good overall OTAs… I just lost all confidence in Newton after last year….maybe/hopefully he will do a magical 180….
Jones will more than likely have a better grasp of the offense by September than Stidham will at this point. The coaches are going all in on Jones

Yeah I don't even consider SloJuan a CB at all now...Last time I did a projection on PatsPicker, I moved him to Free Safety...I think that's his best chance to make the 53 now, here or anywhere else...
He really just needs to force his way on the field at this point. Learning curve, depth were legit concerns and excuses before but he needs to play. DK, Hardman, Terry, AJ, D Johnson all were good-great value there.

If you’re a defensive back coming out of college and you’re drafted by the Pats in the second round you should fail to report because you’re doomed if you do.

He really just needs to force his way on the field at this point. Learning curve, depth were legit concerns and excuses before but he needs to play. DK, Hardman, Terry, AJ, D Johnson all were good-great value there.

What's really infuriating is that I don't even know if I would've taken SloJuan with the pick Bill gave the Rams for him in the first place, #101, never mind #45 overall or their original #56...I thought that CJ Gardner-Johnson & Armani the well-dressed Hooker were better Safety prospects, and Julian Love a better CB prospect than that dude...Just terrible, inexcusable bufoonery on Billy's part...I mean, what the **** did they see in him?!?

Last edited:
What's really infuriating is that I don't even know if I would've taken SloJuan with the pick Bill gave the Rams for him in the first place, #101, never mind #45 overall...I thought that CJ Gardner-Johnson & Armani the well-dressed Hooker were better Safety prospects, and Julian Love a better CB prospect than that dude...Just terrible, inexcusable bufoonery on Billy's part...I mean, what the **** did they see in him?!?
Size

I think too many people are not even recognizing/considering Stidham …he has had good overall OTAs… I just lost all confidence in Newton after last year….maybe/hopefully he will do a magical 180….
The future is Jones. Only way Stid is the starter here over Jones is if Mac blows up

Little guy thinks he's a "pass rusher"...How cute...

Too bad he apparently doesn't want to learn how to be a Real LB.

Looks like Jonnu's one of those who takes the money and (doesn't) run...

Hmmm...Dalton Keene, Adam Trautman, or Harrison Bryant...What to do...what to do...
Who cares. If Uche becomes Robert Mathis I can live with that.

Little guy thinks he's a "pass rusher"...How cute...

Too bad he apparently doesn't want to learn how to be a Real LB.

Looks like Jonnu's one of those who takes the money and (doesn't) run...

Hmmm...Dalton Keene, Adam Trautman, or Harrison Bryant...What to do...what to do...
Uche and Asiasi are two players I am really high on for this season....I think we will be surprised at how good they are for us this year.

The future is Jones. Only way Stid is the starter here over Jones is if Mac blows up

If Stidham shows flashes you immediately put out feelers to trade him.

disagree. I think if Cam is cut Stidham is more likely than Jones to be the starter. He’s been competitive in the OTAs, and he has had a couple of years so knows the system already.

disagree. I think if Cam is cut Stidham is more likely than Jones to be the starter. He’s been competitive in the OTAs, and he has had a couple of years so knows the system already.
What does starting Stid if Mac is ready achieve?

If Stidham shows flashes you immediately put out feelers to trade him.
I don’t want Cam on the team period. How is it he was terrible one day in OTA’s and then the next played well. He is to inconsistent. Jones is the future and I want Stidham to back him up...Hoyer coaching.

I don’t believe in Cam. The only thing I believe is, that he’s liked a lot by the team. But he’s not a good QB anymore. BUT, if he can have a good season, meaning good as far as Cam standards, this team can be a playoff contender, while Mac sits and learns what it takes to be an NFL QB.

I think worst case scenario, Mac is going to be a top 20 NFL QB. Best case scenario, top 10. I like what I’ve read coming out of minicamps, though I feel some reporters are going overboard. I feel patience is needed with Mac. I think Mac has the talent and confidence to start as a rookie, but I think he needs to sit a while. I’d hate to see happen to him what happened to Rosen. Let’s not rush things.

What does starting Stid if Mac is ready achieve?
Mac is less likely than Stid to be ready, because of time in the system. And even if they’re on a par with each other starting Stid does a couple of good things. It gives Mac some more seasoning, time to learn before being thrown into the fire, for one. And it enhances Stid’s value when he hits free agency and that returns a higher comp pick.

So here is my question for you: if Stid and Mac grade out equally at the end of training camp, what’s the downside of starting Stid? Other than the consternation it would cause most PatsFans posters that is.

Mac is less likely than Stid to be ready, because of time in the system. And even if they’re on a par with each other starting Stid does a couple of good things. It gives Mac some more seasoning, time to learn before being thrown into the fire, for one. And it enhances Stid’s value when he hits free agency and that returns a higher comp pick.

So here is my question for you: if Stid and Mac grade out equally at the end of training camp, what’s the downside of starting Stid? Other than the consternation it would cause most PatsFans posters that is.
I’m not so sure about that. One thing observed over the years is that there are smart people and then there are really smart people. There are indications that Jones falls in the latter category.

Jones got his Bachelors degree with a 4.0 GPA in 5 semesters while being a member of the football team. He got his Masters in 2 semesters with a 4.0 while being the starting QB of the #1 college football team in the country. Even at Alabama, that’s one heck of an academic achievement.

No offense to Stidham or Newton, but, based on Jones’ academic record, it’s entirely possible he could get a better grasp of the Pats offense in 4 months than Stidham has in 28 months or Newton in the last year.

I’m not so sure about that. One thing observed over the years is that there are smart people and then there are really smart people. There are indications that Jones falls in the latter category.

Jones got his Bachelors degree with a 4.0 GPA in 5 semesters while being a member of the football team. He got his Masters in 2 semesters with a 4.0 while being the starting QB of the #1 college football team in the country. Even at Alabama, that’s one heck of an academic achievement.

No offense to Stidham or Newton, but, based on Jones’ academic record, it’s entirely possible he could get a better grasp of the Pats offense in 4 months than Stidham has in 28 months or Newton in the last year.
Agreed that getting a BS degree with 4.0 GPA in 5 semesters and MS degree in 2 semesters with a 4.0 is a very impressive achievement, although I would argue it speaks to his work ethic, competitiveness, and determination as much as it does how smart he is.

In my experience academic and later professional achievement depend somewhat on natural intelligence, but more on education, and much more on determination and work ethic. Mac, the son of a professional tennis player, went to a top rated prep school and frankly had early educational opportunities many college students do not. Nevertheless, unlike most prep school students, to his credit he took full advantage of that early education. And, at Alabama he excelled both scholastically and in football. Clearly he is a smart and determined young man with an excellent work ethic. Now we will see how that translates to being a NFL QB! ;)

According to Reiss, Mac is better than any Pats rookie qb at this point- right after mini-camp, in the last 21 years- so I guess that includes Tom.
Yeah yeah doesnt mean ALL that much but it DOES mean something. McD and Bill threw the kitchen sink at him to see how hed handle it and by all accounts he did great.
Camp will now be interesting, since Cam came on strong. Thats win/win. Let em both put pressure on each other and the coaching staff.

According to Reiss, Mac is better than any Pats rookie qb at this point- right after mini-camp, in the last 21 years- so I guess that includes Tom.
Yeah yeah doesnt mean ALL that much but it DOES mean something. McD and Bill threw the kitchen sink at him to see how hed handle it and by all accounts he did great.
Camp will now be interesting, since Cam came on strong. Thats win/win. Let em both put pressure on each other and the coaching staff.
Cam was not very good through OTA’s and mini except for 1 day. There are several here that think that one day means he is the starter week 1 without even getting to training camp yet. We have a long way to go people.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back