PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Mitchell in 2018?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We traded Coleman to Seattle for a seventh-round pick, then used that pick and a fifth-rounder for Marsh. Again, bad trade, but we gave up practically nothing to do it
A 5th-round draft pick is nowhere close to being "practically nothing."

A 5th-round draft pick is nowhere close to being "practically nothing."
Bill Belichick does not believe in the fifth round. The last fifth round pick he made was on a long snapper, and I can’t even think of the second most recent one. Marcus Cannon???

What the Emperor Without Clothes believes or does not believe means less than nothing to me.

What the Emperor Without Clothes believes or does not believe means less than nothing to me.
Well I for one believe Bill Belichick knows more about football than I do. The fifth round prospects usually are interchangeable with the sixth round guys. If he feels like he can get a better talent via trade, I say go for it!

It just shouldn't have been Marsh

Yeah I get where you coming from but let's be honest here ... It's been dire for the last 5 years. The last Pro Bowler (not even mentioning All-Pros) the Pats drafted was Jamie Collins. M. Butler certainly played at that level but just didn't get in. That's the next huge problem the Patriots had the last years. They can't resign their star players.

Out of the big 4 that should've been our core by now (C. Jones, Collins, Hightower and Butler) only Hightower is still with the team. If you look at every individual and their reasons you can see why it didn't work out or why BB just went with a superior player in Gilmore. But lets say Flowers has the break out season we all know he is capable of. Can they keep him?

So I don't have problems with not hitting on some draft picks but it's been years since the Pats really hit a home run draft pick and if they do can they extend him?

Jones and Collins weren't interested in playing the way the Patriots wanted and needed them to play.

We needed a special teamer who could be an emergency backup. Marsh seemed a fine choice. Unfortunately, Marsh had attitude issues and didn't fit in as a position player when needed.

IMHO, Marsh would have been considered an OK pick if he was only called on to be a special teamer.

As it was, he was a bad pick. We need more than a special teamer, and we needed a player with a patriot attitude.

That being said, 5th rounders aren't nothing. However, this 5th was used like many others: to take a shot at improving the team. IMHO, that's all we ever do with a 5th rounder. Some work out, some don't.

Well I for one believe Bill Belichick knows more about football than I do. The fifth round prospects usually are interchangeable with the sixth round guys. If he feels like he can get a better talent via trade, I say go for it!

It just shouldn't have been Marsh

Only you can act like you truly believe the architect of the greatest dynasty ever is a moron and would be better off if he let you make his decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes