PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good because today we're not the Steelers. The Steelers have 6 Super Bowls, we have 5. Today our HOF coach who was largely considered the greatest coach ever just had something happen that when people talk about his legacy will always be brought up when people compare him to Lombardi or Halas.

Have fun with your moral stand and "not being the Steelers", who incidentally are probably ecstatic that we elected to not be like them.

Right? Like a bunch of steroid using goons to get six? No thanks

But yah, sure they are proud

Still would have won if they drive down the field but Eagles made the strip sack. As bad as the D was we were one drive away. Sux

Who got beat on that play? The defense got reenergized after the eagles had the ball for over 7 minutes. This defense was just atrocious.

Still would have won if they drive down the field but Eagles made the strip sack. As bad as the D was we were one drive away. Sux

Yep. Maybe if the offense didn’t stall in the red zone over and over, which was a problem all year i kept pointing to, along with slow starts, maybe we eek out a win?

It's the last game of the year...having principles had nothing to do with whether they won or lost last night. Middle of the season,..yes....but not the last game...especially when he's gone next year.
Principles are what a team is built around.
You don’t spend all year having expectations of each other and standards of how committed you are to the team only to get to the end and say they don’t natter.

This is getting way out of line thiugh because no one even knows what the issue was.

If he was benched because he was 5 minutes late for a meeting it’s one thing and if it’s because he was caught doing a jerry Sandusky it’s another.
Where the issue falls between those extremes makes a huge difference in deciding how to handle.
“We lost so. It’s wrong” kinda isn’t an argument.

Yes. Basically from my understanding is they thought a loss in the bowl is better than watching Brunel cry again for seventeen hours whining about dope smoking cheaters. I agree.

Who cares if spice is technically legal? It is not legal in nfl football.

Hgh can be bought at gnc
Oh so they were worried that one of their players was doing something that is considered legal in the state they play in, that litera
Right? Like a bunch of steroid using goons to get six? No thanks
Have fun being an honorable loser. Nobody on Earth would have cared if a story broke that a Patriots player smoked weed the night before the Super Bowl.

You don’t spend all year having expectations of each other and standards of how committed you are to the team only to get to the end and say they don’t natter.

This is getting way out of line thiugh because no one even knows what the issue was.

If he was benched because he was 5 minutes late for a meeting it’s one thing and if it’s because he was caught doing a jerry Sandusky it’s another.
Where the issue falls between those extremes makes a huge difference in deciding how to handle.

Thank you this is close to my point. Victory at any cost is not real. We might as well say yeah. Do steroids, **** the rules, there’s no discipline or standard

What is next? Just win baby right lmao

I would imagine that 3-way meeting upcoming just got a bit more interesting.

Says he missed the entire saturday morning meeting.

Pretty quick, guaranteed bounce back from the flu, too, huh?

Sure it is...not playing favorites is leadership, consistency and fair. A lot has changed since sb 49.

Some of you need to realize this. If even half of the rumors are true, that is on butler just like it was on moneygrabbing, big ego one trick pony chandler jones (i called that trade happening even before the synepthetic weed stupidity) and it is why jamie collins got dealt, or moss for that matter or why bb walked from welker, so wisely so.

At some point, the player has to stay centered. Sounds like this was a pins and needles thing since bb tried to deal him to the saints.

What a crock......B.B. hurt the team by sitting Butler regardless of your spin

Well it better be a Jerry Sandusky. Because if it's what most people think it is... then yeah it's wrong

Good because today we're not the Steelers. The Steelers have 6 Super Bowls, we have 5. Today our HOF coach who was largely considered the greatest coach ever just had something happen that when people talk about his legacy will always be brought up when people compare him to Lombardi or Halas.

Have fun with your moral stand and "not being the Steelers", who incidentally are probably ecstatic that we elected to not be like them.

Fortunately he clearly doesnt care about any of this so what is your point ? That him not bending his principles inconvenienced fans because they have to deal with those talking points now ? Oh how tragic..

No. Torrey smith was taken out. That would have been butler’s guy wih gilmore on agolohor since gilmore is the best man cover guy we have. The reason why agoholror is more dangerous is because he runs the shorter/quicker routes which needed disruption.

Rowe/harmon would have then removed jeffery as the one trick pony.

You are wrong

What a crock......B.B. hurt the team by sitting Butler regardless of your spin
I don't even know why we bother. Some people literally can't wrap their head around the idea that Belichick ever makes mistakes.

Honestly, if all of the above quoted is true, I think it's valid to question just how far off the grid Butler had gone this past week. It's easy to sit here and say "ah well, BB should have just played him. Yadda yadda yadda" when we really don't know how receptive Butler was to instruction, considering the mass of infractions leading right up to the most important game of the year.
There is an entire other level of potential issue with effort in practice, attitude toward being coached, willingness to take coaching and play as coached, not free lancing, etc that could be in play here too.

Oh so they were worried that one of their players was doing something that is considered legal in the state they play in, that litera

Have fun being an honorable loser. Nobody on Earth would have cared if a story broke that a Patriots player smoked weed the night before the Super Bowl.

Bb does not care about the weed...it is the everytning else that shows he didn’t care. He checked out and it was likely last week when it was clear philly had larger wrs and no slot smaller guys.

I am questioning the flu. No one else had it. Hmmmm.

I repeat: torrey smith was taken out. The d made numerous stops on 3rd and short. Credit philly’s loose and aggressive play there.

I have already stated my disagreements with the matchups and do feel my analysis is sound.

Torrey Smith didn't matter when Zach Ertz and a running back were conveniently open on every play because Jordan Richards couldn't play in the Arena League. Richards had to play because Chung took over for Rowe as the slot corner when Rowe was forced to take over for Butler outside.

Chandler bought synthetic garbage that, at the time, you could buy at Cumby's. It wasn't illegal. dumb, but not illegal.

weed is covered by the cba and not privy to individual team policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore