PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even know why we bother. Some people literally can't wrap their head around the idea that Belichick ever makes mistakes.
a rational person isnt going to say belichick made a mistake without knowing why he made the decision he did.

I’m on record as saying the 4 safety defense is a failure and a mistake because it is.
You can’t say a decision based on something you do not know is a mistake.

Yes. Basically from my understanding is they thought a loss in the bowl is better than watching Brunel cry again for seventeen hours whining about dope smoking cheaters. I agree.

Who cares if spice is technically legal? It is not legal in nfl football.

Hgh can be bought at gnc

Will you please STFU. I am sorry and I know I may get reprimanded for this but you keep insinuating that Butler was on drugs and NO WHERE has that been reported or substantiated. This started form some random tweeter who decided to stir up the pot with unverified rumors about what they thought happened. So knock this **** off.

But that isn’t true. The game plan called for 2 corners and 3-4 safeties.
The only change was butler out Rowe in. If butler played Rowe wouldn’t.

Not that I like that game plan but it’s the one they had.

As long as Richards and Bademosi never see the field, I am more than fine with Rowe in the slot occasionally.

Yep. Maybe if the offense didn’t stall in the red zone over and over, which was a problem all year i kept pointing to, along with slow starts, maybe we eek out a win?

lol....d%#*!@t!!! They only scored 33 points

I don't even know why we bother. Some people literally can't wrap their head around the idea that Belichick ever makes mistakes.

I listed, in my opinion, the mistakes, and was repeatedly clear in the gameday threads WHY, i felt the way i did about defending them.

BUtler would not have made a difference with where bb/patricia had the other guys.
THis also goes into a deeper dicussion about us playing way too much man for gilmore where butler is more of a zone guy.

I bet butler hates gilmore.

As long as Richards and Bademosi never see the field, I am more than fine with Rowe in the slot occasionally.
I hate the 4 safety defense. Have ever since they first used it.
But Bademosi and Richards are not part of the butler argument because the fanr plan was put safeties on the field instead of corners.
Bademosi snaps were as a safety.

Will you please STFU. I am sorry and I know I may get reprimanded for this but you keep insinuating that Butler was on drugs and NO WHERE has that been reported or substantiated. This started form some random tweeter who decided to stir up the pot with unverified rumors about what they thought happened. So knock this **** off.

Ok.ill drop it till it’s verified

Well it better be a Jerry Sandusky. Because if it's what most people think it is... then yeah it's wrong
What do most people think it is?

If Jeffery does not toss a ball in the air to Harmon, Philly scores on 9/10 drives. Wrap your head around that.

I listed, in my opinion, the mistakes, and was repeatedly clear in the gameday threads WHY, i felt the way i did about defending them.

BUtler would not have made a difference with where bb/patricia had the other guys.
THis also goes into a deeper dicussion about us playing way too much man for gilmore where butler is more of a zone guy.

I bet butler hates gilmore.

Did this come from the guy on twitter with 300 followers or is this your own hot take?

It has been reported that he missed the flights b/c of the flu. I was also reported he looked to be drained on Wednesday's practice.

I'm wondering if that is actually true. Especially if you believe he went out boozing Wednesday AND Friday night.

Are you suggesting he had a case of the Irish flu? I guess that would explain the benching.

Are you suggesting he had a case of the Irish flu? I guess that would explain the benching.
Maybe? I'm just trying to make sense of it all....

Yep. Maybe if the offense didn’t stall in the red zone over and over, which was a problem all year i kept pointing to, along with slow starts, maybe we eek out a win?

Did you watch the second half bro? Maybe if the defense got a 3 and out the offense would have taken off. The pats opened up the second half with a td only to allow the eagles to march down the field and take a 29-19 lead. Pats answered and make it 29-26. Another chance for the defense to get off the field and they allowed a fg. This defense was a joke and the culprit without their second best corner.

Agholor was one of those guys that just killed the pats in this game. Wish butler was covering him.

But Bademosi and Richards are not part of the butler argument because the fanr plan was put safeties on the field instead of corners.

I know this will go nowhere but even BB referred to the formations with Bademosi as a 3 corner defense.

No one would care lmao!!

They took away draft picks and suspended Brady over physics

Right. No one would care a bit gotcha

So let me get this straight.

1. Butler is a cornerback, so he couldn't play in the Super Bowl because the team decided use only two cornerbacks (hard limit.)
2. Bademosi is a cornerback, but he was used as a safety, which looked an awful lot like cornerback, since his job was to matchup with receivers. Chung is a safety but was often used a cornerback, matched up 1 on 1. Richards is a safety but was often used as a cornerback, matched up 1-on-1.
3. Butler didn't play because he is a cornerback only, and he couldn't transition to the role of "safety" even though all of these other guys are interchangeable and asked to cover players 1-on-1 all the time. Nor was there a single play in the game where he could have subbed in at cornerback.

Huh?

I know this will go nowhere but even BB referred to the formations with Bademosi as a 3 corner defense.
I’m pretty sure Bademosi only played in place of a safety in the same spot. I’d have to go back and watch the few snaps he played to confirm that but at least most were when chung went out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes