PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm in Belichick's age range and younger than T-rump (hero to many here) and I ran a half marathon earlier this spring, so I guess I'm ok. How about you?

That sucks. I'm 31 and in my absolute physical and mental prime. So, short of disease or something like a car accident, I probably have a lot more time left on this planet than you do. Might be why I'm not bitter. Congrats on the half marathon, though. That's quite the feat for an elderly man.

“Honey Pie”. My least favorite “Beatles “ track without doubt. A reminder that even musical geniuses can turn out musical garbage especially when hubris gets in the way of good judgement. “So it’s true, pride comes before a fall. I’m telling you so that you won’t lose all. I’m a loser”. Sing it Brother John!

We will never get a good explanation because there never was one in the first place. Well, not a “best interest of the team “ or “for football reasons” explanation anyway.
No we never will and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I would not want an organization that airs its dirty laundry publicly.
And of course there was a reason.

It’s the Coach cultists who refuse to accept the facts. 4 months that have passed since SB 52. No credible, sourced reports have come out citing events or actions by Butler that demanded he be benched for the game. Just consider how unusual that is in our social-media times.
Who do you expect to throw him under the bus?
There have been reports including ones that say assistants came to Belichick saying he should be benched.
There are many credible reports (including from butler himself) that he wasn’t dialed in and had a terrible week of practice. He wasn’t working with the first team. I don’t think after a 2 week preparation period where you lost confidence in your starter’s head being in the right place and demote him it’s hard at all to understand that his meltdown prior to kickoff made the coaching staff feel he wasn’t ready to play.
You can dispute that all you want but it is very plausible and much more plausible than the other theories being expounded, including yours below.

[quuote]In the meantime, a NFL team general managed by a former Patriot executive and coached by a former player signed Butler to a 5 year, $61m with $30 m guaranteed contract. Apparently, Jon Robinson and Mike Vrabel weren’t too concerned with Butler’s ability to play or any character concerns that lead their former boss to bench him in the SB.[/quote]
Belichick also chose to make him the starter for 3 years. Why would one week and one action (disciplinary or otherwise) make the player unsignable?

Drop your blind faith folks. No mortal man deserves it.
There is no blind faith only common sense and a 17 year history of behavior.

Benching Butler was just a giant F-you to Bob Kraft for stepping on his precious authority and control of football operations by stopping his grand QB succession plan. Butler was just a pawn in Belichick ‘s vengeful control war with Kraft and Brady.
Now it becomes interesting.
You dismiss any other answer because there is no credible proof then you throw out this one that a) has been debunked and b) makes absolutely no sense.

John lynch is in record as asking for Brady and Belichick flatly says no way (duh). Belichick is on record saying there is no way you can keep both. What succession plan? B.B. (correctly) is riding out the GOAT. I’m sure he wished he could have kept jimmy around until that ride was over but not doing so had nothing to do with Kraft and everything to do with it being impossible.
You are taking an unsubstantiated and ridiculous rumor and then turning it into the result of it were true being that Belichicks response was “I am going to pick out a random player and bench him to reduce our chances to win the Sb. That will show him”. What could Belichick possibly gain by losing SB? How would benching butler send a message better than walking into his office and telling him?
Why not do it in an earlier round?
What did it accomplish?
Why would B.B. want to lose a Sb?
What has B.B. ever done in his career that would lead you to believe he would not value winning?
The answers to these questions show the fallacy of your viewpoint.

That sucks. I'm 31 and in my absolute physical and mental prime. So, short of disease or something like a car accident, I probably have a lot more time left on this planet than you do. Might be why I'm not bitter. Congrats on the half marathon, though. That's quite the feat for an elderly man.
Your significant other says s/he thinks you're not a day over 15. Whatever you're doing, keep it up, Sweetie!;)

Your significant other says s/he thinks you're not a day over 15. Whatever you're doing, keep it up, Sweetie!;)
Eh, at least I'm getting laid still and the girl that's doing it doesn't have her tits hanging down to her knees. At that age, I'd imagine it would probably be like looking up at the rotting, old woman that crawls out of the bath tub in "The Shining". So that you're taking out some pent-up aggression in this thread is certainly understandable. Luckily, I have a good long while before I get there. ;););););)

Thank you @IcyPatriot for that last run of posts.

We did it. Record broken.
I put 3 there because I didn't know if you were on.
Hoping you posted after me so I could delete 1 ... and I did ... you got 5611 ... be proud.:cool:

This thread should stay #1 except if Brady or Gronk gets traded.:confused:

Eh, at least I'm getting laid still and the girl that's doing it doesn't have her tits hanging down to her knees. At that age, I'd imagine it would probably be like looking up at the rotting, old woman that crawls out of the bath tub in "The Shining". So that you're taking out some pent-up aggression in this thread is certainly understandable. Luckily, I have a good long while before I get there. ;););););)
Oooh, this is fun! I'm getting under your (fore)skin as I did with your pal Aluminum Gonads! So, let's see...you're 31...so when I was at the Raiders/Pats Snow Bowl in January of 2002 you were in middle school. Hahahahaha...Oh yeah, you're a grizzled Pats veteran...;)

Oooh, this is fun! I'm getting under your (fore)skin as I did with your pal Aluminum Gonads!

With weaksauce insults like that? You're giving yourself too much credit. Those "cut downs" are so bad that they make Biff Tannen's insults sound like the stuff of Don Rickles and Greg Giraldo in a roast.

So, let's see...you're 31...so when I was at the Raiders/Pats Snow Bowl in January of 2002 you were in middle school. Hahahahaha...Oh yeah, you're a grizzled Pats veteran...;)

And I'll be enjoying the team long after you're taking a dirt nap. I guess we're even.

With weaksauce insults like that? You're giving yourself too much credit. Those "cut downs" are so bad that they make Biff Tannen's insults sound like the stuff of Don Rickles and Greg Giraldo in a roast.

And I'll be enjoying the team long after you're taking a dirt nap. I guess we're even.
LOL, even? Not even close! I beat your *** like a Salvation Army drum! And, I will forever because you're a typical self-absorbed millennial who believes the world began when mommy and daddy kissed your ass as soon as you saw the first light of day.

LOL, even? Not even close! I beat your *** like a Salvation Army drum! And, I will forever because you're a typical self-absorbed millennial who believes the world began when mommy and daddy kissed your ass as soon as you saw the first light of day.
My condolences on the dementia and psychosis. Maybe roasting isn’t for you? Concentrate on something that plays to your strengths... like pinochle or Bingo.

My condolences on the dementia and psychosis. Maybe roasting isn’t for you? Concentrate on something that plays to your strengths... like pinochle or Bingo.
God, you're not even a weak challenge. At least Aluminum Teats offered some mild resistance. Bye, bye...

God, you're not even a weak challenge. At least Aluminum Teats offered some mild resistance. Bye, bye...
LOL, says the guy that’s taking this seriously and getting mad. In the future, don’t try to break balls if you can’t handle getting it back in return. Anyway, I sincerely hope you get laid soon (assuming everything still works down there, of course). You certainly come off as if you need it in this thread.

Oooh, this is fun! I'm getting under your (fore)skin as I did with your pal Aluminum Gonads! So, let's see...you're 31...so when I was at the Raiders/Pats Snow Bowl in January of 2002 you were in middle school. Hahahahaha...Oh yeah, you're a grizzled Pats veteran...;)
EYYYEAH! If you aren’t old as dirt, and dont’t remember the glory days of Babe Parilli in 63, then you aren’t a true Patriots fan!

LOL, says the guy that’s taking this seriously and getting mad. In the future, don’t try to break balls if you can’t handle getting it back in return. Anyway, I sincerely hope you get laid soon (assuming everything still works down there, of course). You certainly come off as if you need it in this thread.
I doubt it’s going the best for him in that department.

In fact, I’d say it’s most likely the root of his anger!

were-back-baby.jpg

“You know he ain’t gonna diiie!!”

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results