PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a good question. I suppose that I just have a hard time with the decision in itself, and the idea that Belichick could bench one of his best defensive players for the wrong reasons, but as time goes on, it’s looking as if though that’s exactly what may have happened.

He's the same coach who benched Welker and Seymour for the wrong reasons.

At any rate, lots of good points by you, but I think that I still stand by my original comment that this doesn’t necessarily absolve Butler from any wrongdoing, even if the HC overreacted to that wrongdoing. Again—just my personal opinion.

But we don't know of any wrongdoing. To the best of our actual knowledge, there was no wrongdoing. To the best of our knowledge, BB made a command decision based upon what he perceived as play issues.

He's the same coach who benched Welker and Seymour for the wrong reasons.

But we don't know of any wrongdoing. To the best of our actual knowledge, there was no wrongdoing. To the best of our knowledge, BB made a command decision based upon what he perceived as play issues.
There’s a chance of that, yes. I just don’t like to go there in my mind.

There’s a chance of that, yes. I just don’t like to go there in my mind.

shrug.gif

Belichick makes mistakes. This was almost certainly one of them.

Also, even if there was an instance of so-called wrongdoing, there isn't much Butler could have done to justify the resulting punishment, because that reaction made it a team punishment, not just an individual punishment.

shrug.gif

Belichick makes mistakes. This was almost certainly one of them.

Also, even if there was an instance of so-called wrongdoing, there isn't much Butler could have done to justify the resulting punishment, because that reaction made it a team punishment, not just an individual punishment.
I most certainly agree that Bill Belichick overreacted. I’m just not willing to claim that any interest from Matt Patricia definitely absolves Butler from the possibility of making any mistakes during SB week or any other week that may have led up to that decision, that’s all.

For me, until we get any absolute clearance on the story (I realize that’s unlikely to happen), I’m going to wonder if it wasn’t a bit of both to blame.

Butler certainly had some weaknesses, and one could argue that they were on display this year more than most, but it’s tough to dispute the notion that he’d have been an improvement on the likes of his replacements.

Bademosi, Rowe, Richards—how we deployed Chung, etc. It’s hard to believe that Malcolm Butler would’ve been worse. That said, it’s also tough to argue with the greatest HC of all time, which leaves us with a mystery that is never likely to be solved.

Not in this case its not.

Not in this case its not.
Okay. That’s your opinion and I respect it, but I still believe that Belichick did what he thought was best for the team, and I don’t believe that he randomly picked #21 out of a hat the week of the SB for no reason whatsoever.

Did he overreact? Probably.

I just wish Belechick was absolutely perfect in every single instance...like Raymond Berry. BERRY THE BEARS!:cool::confused::eek:

Okay. That’s your opinion and I respect it, but I still believe that Belichick did what he thought was best for the team, and I don’t believe that he randomly picked #21 out of a hat the week of the SB for no reason whatsoever.

Did he overreact? Probably.
Isn't it possible in this instance that what he felt was a decision that benefitted the team, actualy harmed it.
A case of throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Isn't it possible in this instance that what he felt was a decision that benefitted the team, actualy harmed it.
A case of throwing the baby out with the bath water.

It's more than just possible. It's probable.

Hopefully high apy . for a good comp pick

Late oops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back