PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler is a warrior!!! (appreciation thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malcolm is my favorite Patriot...This man means more to our team and defense than words can describe...

Every NFL player should have the football heart that This man has. He never, ever quits. Not only is he a tremendous cover corner, he is nasty physical, just nasty.

Keep it up Malcolm, pay day is coming real fast....we rely so much on you...

Malcolm is my favorite Patriot...This man means more to our team and defense than words can describe...

Every NFL player should have the football heart that This man has. He never, ever quits. Not only is he a tremendous cover corner, he is nasty physical, just nasty.

Keep it up Malcolm, pay day is coming real fast....we rely so much on you...

I saw him last night at 6:00PM leaving Walgreens, wheeling a basket full,of toys/ gifts and wrapping paper. I said to him "last minute Malcolm"? He laughed and said we just do not get any time at all! I congratulated him on a great game vs the Jets and wished him Happy Holidays - he looked at me with a big smile and said "thanks, you too".

He proceeded to load up his non descript vehicle and drive away. Malcolm appears to be as he appears to be - a nice guy, with a smile for all, but watch out between the white lines. Living a mile from the stadium, I run into a lot of players and they are not all as nice as MB. ( I think he was happy I did not bug him for a picture or autograph, which I rarely do anyway).

When I was in the Walgreen line, cashier said to me that he was the 3rd Patriot player to have come in this afternoon - said she works there knowing players stop by often.

He's turned himself into a great player, I really hope they can get something done with him long term.

I saw him last night at 6:00PM leaving Walgreens, wheeling a basket full,of toys/ gifts and wrapping paper. I said to him "last minute Malcolm"? He laughed and said we just do not get any time at all! I congratulated him on a great game vs the Jets and wished him Happy Holidays - he looked at me with a big smile and said "thanks, you too".

He proceeded to load up his non descript vehicle and drive away. Malcolm appears to be as he appears to be - a nice guy, with a smile for all, but watch out between the white lines. Living a mile from the stadium, I run into a lot of players and they are not all as nice as MB. ( I think he was happy I did not bug him for a picture or autograph, which I rarely do anyway).

When I was in the Walgreen line, cashier said to me that he was the 3rd Patriot player to have come in this afternoon - said she works there knowing players stop by often.
He's only been here a few years- but damn he's on my all time favorite Pats list.You can't just be great on the field to make my list. He's got a little troy brown in him(troy is near the very TOP of my list), with a touch of edelman as well. Not edelmans comedy but his toughness and blues collar-everyman-ness

Malcolm #Undrafted #HowYouAllLikeMeNow, plays thru the whistle, I Love him, takes on any challenge in front of him and it's almost payday my man...You keep it goin Bruh!!! #DontForgetBoutTheRunSupport, he tackles too. Malcolm is the Complete Corner...

He sure hits hard for a man his size.

If I had any qualms about him one could be the way he celebrates after a good play. I worry sometimes that he might get called for taunting.

Too bad he didn't have a game like that a few weeks ago. He wouldn't have been snubbed for the Pro Bowl

What an amazing find Malcolm Butler has been. He wasn't even an UDFA that they went out and signed his rookie year. He was a guy NO one else wanted, who, as a favor to a friend, got a workout in order to get a SHOT at being an UDFA. Compared to him, Tom Brady was a first round pick.

Now in his 3rd year in the league, he has come from a one play wonder into a top 8 CB in this league. He might not have made the pro bowl this year, but it was a major snub that he didn't. Butler isn't just one of the better coverage corners in the league, he's one of the best tacklers, and beyond that one of the harderest hitters for a man his size in the league.

He's been a perfect combination of humility and confidence, and deserves to be recognized. He might be the most dependable Patriot the Pats have had over the last 3 seasons. He's been there every game, every practice, every workout. Who can we count on more than Malcolm Butler...perhaps only Tom Brady, and he's had to miss 4 games.

Now Malcolm will makearound $5MM next season as a first round tender RFA. That will be his "downside" if the Pats doen't extend him and tender him and hope for the best. So we won't have to throw a testimonial for him. I was sure the Pats wouldn't have to do more than give him that first round tender, but now I'm not so sure.

If they give him a new deal after this season, I think a 4 year deal that started at 8MM in 2017 and grew to 11MM in 2020 would be fair, with around half guaranteed. That would set him up forever, and he could buy a dozen Popeyes if he wanted to. He's a bit older than most 3rd year guys, so this will likely be his big deal.

Now Malcolm will makearound $5MM next season as a first round tender RFA. That will be his "downside" if the Pats doen't extend him and tender him and hope for the best. So we won't have to throw a testimonial for him. I was sure the Pats wouldn't have to do more than give him that first round tender, but now I'm not so sure.

Just a reminder that when they give him the tender, they get the chance to match any offer sheet he signs, and poison pills are no longer allowed. (Any clause that binds only the team extending the tender is invalid.)

I might donate a scratching post to Malcom. He deserves one of his own.

Wrong Malcolm. ;)

Come to think of it, we're up to the Malcolm Four already. Need more, though. ;)

He's a beast. Can't understand how a guy like this goes so under the radar.

After a relatively shaky start to the season, he's come on very strong and has been downright dominant in the last month. If he keeps that up, he'll be looking a very nice payday in the near future.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye