PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Make your rookie projections!

If Gonzalez is a starter, you're saying that Bolden with start on the other side, displacing the 3 Joneses?
I think Jack is on thin ice. He showed talent, and an attitude, last year. Talent was good, attitude was not. I like Marcus, but he’s a smurf. Jon is good. I’d be very happy if Gonzo and Bolden show enough in camp to be the top two outside CBs. That means they’re better than some good players. Also means we don’t have to see Mills and Myles giving opponents some softer spots to attack. I like the talent pool at DB, really looking forward to seeing how it shakes out. Won’t be surprised if Bolden is another steal.

I really, really hope that BB does not pull the usual BB tactic and dump Jack Jones (because he is not a super boy scout). The drafting of 3 CBs makes me think that this is in the cards, but you can never have too many good CBs....
I’m not really surprised at any moves BB makes anymore. They’re all head scratchers lately it seems. Not always, but quite a bit. I understood many of the reasons behind it when we were loaded with depth at nearly every position for years, but now? Not so much. Sometimes he’s right, sometimes he’s wrong. Sure keeps things interesting. Regarding the drafting of 3 CB’s, I saw it more as a move to see if he can replace some of the snaps given to guys like Wade and Bryant on defense when needed and also shore up some ST’s roles if it all plays out right. If Smurf Jones and Stick Jones are free to line up more in the slot, it leaves the team vulnerable on the outside. The Goblin (if truly moved to FS) also leaves a need. Either way, you don’t pick up two guys at the end of the draft if you feel like it’s a critical need. It’s a FA&FO type of situation imo.

I agree. I also thought it could’ve been a smoke screen. Idk why they’d do it, but they’re secretive as hell about everything. Share photos of him doing QB drills that he only spent 20 mins doing, see a bit of what he’s got and have him take reps at other places the rest of the time. You never know with Bill & Co.
Cunningham wouldn't have signed with the Pats if he wasn't promised a realistic shot at QB. I think there's a chance he's gameday QB2.

Cunningham wouldn't have signed with the Pats if he wasn't promised a realistic shot at QB. I think there's a chance he's gameday QB2.
It’s possible, but he also made it clear that he would be more than willing to change positions in the NFL, so I’m not too sure if he would’ve turned down the largest guaranteed money offered to go somewhere that promised him QB. Either way, by all accounts he’s a leader, hard worker, and the kinda guy that will do anything asked to play ball. I love those guys and hope he finds a way to stick.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back