Make a few bold predictions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froob

Independent Investigator & pliable af
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Preseason about to be in full swing here, how about a couple of predictions for the new league year?

How about make one bold prediction for Patsfans, one for the Patriots, and one for the league

Patsfans: @fnordcircle manages to ignore everyone by January and informally retires

Patriots: D̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶L̶e̶w̶i̶s̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶o̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ Cyrus Jones does some good things on defense

League: Dallas doesn't make the playoffs

I'm going to be a pain and do it for pats and league.

Patriots: Malcom Mitchill to get over 10Tds
Patriots: Cooks to get 1200+ yards and 10tds
Patriots: Gilmore and Butler combined over 10 turnovers

League: Dak to have a poor year
League: Blake Bortles to have a come back year

Preseason about to be in full swing here, how about a couple of predictions for the new league year?

How about make one bold prediction for Patsfans, one for the Patriots, and one for the league

Patsfans: @fnordcircle manages to ignore everyone by January and informally retires

Patriots: D̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶L̶e̶w̶i̶s̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶o̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ Cyrus Jones does some good things on defense

League: Dallas doesn't make the playoffs
Gronk plays 19 games this season?

Patsfans: The first post that this team sucks and wont make the playoffs will come before the first loss

Patriots: Division is clinched by game 12.

League: Browns make the playoffs.

patsfan: Jetfan79 reveals himself to be Woody Johnson

pats: Flowers emerges as an elite pass rusher, has 14 sacks

league: Vikings win the NFC North behind Dalvin Cook's ROY campaign

Bold predictions, OK

The team will experience some early turbulence when Brandon Cooks realizes that he will share some targets with Hogan on deep routes. Cooks will be publicly mature about this but will lobby with the coach for as many targets as he can wheedle.

Butler will finish the season as the team's #1 cornerback despite the presence of Gilmore

Rex Burkhead will finish the season with a much larger role than he had at the start. Specificailly I think that Dion Lewis either gets hurt or gets outcompeted for his role by Burkhead.

Jimmy Garoppolo will start a regular season game for the New England Patriots this year, due to a minor injury to Brady (an ankle sprain perhaps) that limits his performance but Brady will have wanted to play through. Belichick will make the call that 100% of Garoppolo will probably outplay a 60-70% Brady. Brady will make all the right noises in public. It will come out much later that Brady was furious about this.

Danny Amendola will not finish the season as a New England Patriot due to Cooks and Mitchell taking his targets and the team discovering they need to carry extra depth at another position.

Malcolm Mitchell gets a lot more reps on special teams, take over Amendola's ST roles if he goes like I think he might, and will gradually outcompete Amendola and Hogan to become the #3 WR option behind Edelman and Cooks. He will finish the season as one of the more important Patriots on offense and special teams.

We will not hear the name of Jacoby Brissett for the entire season despite him being on the roster the whole year.

Bold predictions, OK

The team will experience some early turbulence when Brandon Cooks realizes that he will share some targets with Hogan on deep routes. Cooks will be publicly mature about this but will lobby with the coach for as many targets as he can wheedle.

Butler will finish the season as the team's #1 cornerback despite the presence of Gilmore

Rex Burkhead will finish the season with a much larger role than he had at the start. Specificailly I think that Dion Lewis either gets hurt or gets outcompeted for his role by Burkhead.

Jimmy Garoppolo will start a regular season game for the New England Patriots this year, due to a minor injury to Brady (an ankle sprain perhaps) that limits his performance but Brady will have wanted to play through. Belichick will make the call that 100% of Garoppolo will probably outplay a 60-70% Brady. Brady will make all the right noises in public. It will come out much later that Brady was furious about this.

Danny Amendola will not finish the season as a New England Patriot due to Cooks and Mitchell taking his targets and the team discovering they need to carry extra depth at another position.

Malcolm Mitchell gets a lot more reps on special teams, take over Amendola's ST roles if he goes like I think he might, and will gradually outcompete Amendola and Hogan to become the #3 WR option behind Edelman and Cooks. He will finish the season as one of the more important Patriots on offense and special teams.

We will not hear the name of Jacoby Brissett for the entire season despite him being on the roster the whole year.
The hook's been baited and it's been cast into the water. Let's see who bites.

Not when everything in that list of predictions is improbable but plausible, no :p I admit the Garoppolo one is pretty baity, but unless we've got a 0 in the loss column, I could see a gimpy Brady being sat for Jimmy G in a meaningless game in Week 17. Couldn't you?

Bold predictions, OK

CHOMP!!!!
Not gonna happen as if he's cut after the season starts his salary for the year still hits the cap.

CHOMP!!!!
Not gonna happen as if he's cut after the season starts his salary for the year still hits the cap.
But his salary is very low, so if in fact someone needs to be cut at one position due to injuries at another, he wouldn't be ruled out because of that

True, but I didn't say "cut." I was thinking more like a trade, and the goal more being to free roster spots to shore up a weak position on the defense or the o-line. if we can solve the receiver problem between Cooks, Mitchell, Edelman, Hogan, along with help from White, Lewis, Burkhead and Gronk, it's really hard to carry Amendola if you have a gaping hole in another part of the roster. Certainly it would be more about roster space than cap space, I do agree with that.

At least 18 teams in the league could find a place on their rosters for Danny Amendola right now, especially with his Superbowl heroics. If we need to lighten the load in order to carry depth at another position, I think DA is the one who goes.

Not when everything in that list of predictions is improbable but plausible, no :p I admit the Garoppolo one is pretty baity, but unless we've got a 0 in the loss column, I could see a gimpy Brady being sat for Jimmy G in a meaningless game in Week 17. Couldn't you?

When did you start following this team? The Patriots have had many meaningless Week 17 games in which Brady (among other important starters) has played. JAG may come in in relief in a situation like that, but Brady usually wants the reps going into the playoffs and insists on starting. As for not playing while gimpy? You're talking about a guy that, in his career, has had what other QB's would consider a serious injury to his shoulder, cracked ribs, and an obvious knee injury after Chancellor's hit that he's played through (among others). It takes a season-ending injury like in 2008 to get him off the field and, even then, he was reportedly in the locker room working on his drop in an attempt to get back on the field. I assumed that you were being facetious with this post. If you weren't, then it's even funnier. I do suppose that, as bold predictions go, that's pretty bold, though.

BOLD prediction
Patsfans :: There will be some sanity in game day threads this season
Pats :: We will neither have the no. 1 offense nor defense
League :: Owners will replace Goodell :D

Edit :: My Pats prediction may not be a bold one but with the offensive fire power we have, it's easy to assume we can be the No.1 offense if we are healthy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes