PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Make a few bold predictions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Gillislee rushes for over 1000 yards.

D. Wise has at least 8 sacks.

DeShone Kizer is the ROY.

Hot taekz:

The 2017 Bills become the 1996 Jags....they finally break their playoff drought and actually win 2 road playoff games and fall to the Patriots in Foxboro in the AFC Championship game. The whole country is seething other than Pats fans. :D

The Patriots break 600 points scored, eclipsing their team record from the mighty 2007 team.

Garoppolo actually throws for more yards this season than last even if it's just in relief.

Mike Gillislee rushes for over 1000 yards.

D. Wise has at least 8 sacks.

DeShone Kizer is the ROY.

I have a $100 bet going with a friend that Gillislee will break 1,000 yards this season.

When did you start following this team? The Patriots have had many meaningless Week 17 games in which Brady (among other important starters) has played. JAG may come in in relief in a situation like that, but Brady usually wants the reps going into the playoffs and insists on starting. As for not playing while gimpy? You're talking about a guy that, in his career, has had what other QB's would consider a serious injury to his shoulder, cracked ribs, and an obvious knee injury after Chancellor's hit that he's played through (among others). It takes a season-ending injury like in 2008 to get him off the field and, even then, he was reportedly in the locker room working on his drop in an attempt to get back on the field. I assumed that you were being facetious with this post. If you weren't, then it's even funnier. I do suppose that, as bold predictions go, that's pretty bold, though.
You're absolutely right in the sense that this would have to be a call by Belichick. Brady would not stand by and let it happen. But Belichick seems to think highly of Garoppolo, and the times when Brady has been dinged up near the end of the year have never coincided with a backup quite this capable. The one time both were true at the same time, when Brady was dinged up and the backup was competent, Drew Bledsoe came in and played in the 2001 AFCCG

Patsfans: Long-winded posts give way to Game Day Panic posts

Pats: Tom fully reverts to his old form "My favorite receiver is the open one" and sets the NFL passing yards record without any pass catcher eclipsing 1000 yards. Brandon Cooks is ok with this

League: Tampa Bay wins the NFC South

The Tampa Bay Bucs win 12 games, and become the next NFC South team to break out and go to the Super Bowl.

Of course, like the one last year, they lose to us. ;)

You're absolutely right in the sense that this would have to be a call by Belichick. Brady would not stand by and let it happen. But Belichick seems to think highly of Garoppolo, and the times when Brady has been dinged up near the end of the year have never coincided with a backup quite this capable. The one time both were true at the same time, when Brady was dinged up and the backup was competent, Drew Bledsoe came in and played in the 2001 AFCCG

It doesn't matter who the back-up is. Past results have shown, time and again, that if Brady tells Belichick he's good to go (which he certainly would unless it's a bad injury), he's getting the start.

Bold predictions:

Patriots - Brady/Cooks surpass the Brady/Moss record breaking TD season.

NFL - We'll hear rumors that Goondell was fired but during his press conference he never truly answers the question of whether he was fired or not.

NFL - Woody Johnson is kicked out of the UK for insisting that their flag colors are psychologically offensive.

NFL - Rams go 9-7

NFL - Miami gets the first pick in the 2018 draft. Jets get the 2nd (draft a safety) and the Bills get the 3rd.

Not when everything in that list of predictions is improbable but plausible, no :p I admit the Garoppolo one is pretty baity, but unless we've got a 0 in the loss column, I could see a gimpy Brady being sat for Jimmy G in a meaningless game in Week 17. Couldn't you?

Brady will get the start even if it just one snap.

Patriots: BB manages to talk some team out of a 7th in exchange for Justin Coleman before the final pre-season game vs. NYG.

Patsfans: My "Funny" ratings received:"Funny" ratings given ratio stands at 1:3. I improve that to 1.001:3 by the end of Camp.

League: Cutler fails his drug test for multiple substances, gets fined, but not suspended.

Actually, that last one doesn't seem all that bold.

Yeah, I went for the low hanging fruit.
Kind of Captain Obvious territory
Don't forget Captain Tomato Cans.

"Are we supposed to be impressed the Patriots destroyed tomato can Packers for 19-0?"

Last edited:
Their 6th win will come as the Jets attempt a 20 yrd field goal but it's batted down at the line into the helmet of a Jet lineman and it bounces over for the goal posts for the win with no time on the clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back