PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Magic and Michael Jordan Dump on LeBron

I honestly hope it happens. That was one of the most bitter rivalries in all of sports during the 1990's. It hasn't been a true rivalry in quite some time (due to the Knicks sucking hind tit).
I'm not bothered that LeBron went to Miami more the way he left Cleveland to go to Miami. I'd welcome a few super teams in the NBA because it's normally a competition between a handful of sides every season. Why not make those teams so good that it's quality basketball most nights. Imagine two or three 70 win sides.

The Knicks are irrelevant to me in the NBA so those trades (if they were to ever eventuate) would make them instantly watchable.

Every superhero needs a villain. The question is which is Miami and who is going to be their counterpart?

Last edited:
I'm not bothered that LeBron went to Miami more the way he left Cleveland to go to Miami. I'd welcome a few super teams in the NBA because it's normally a competition between a handful of sides every season. Why not make those teams so good that it's quality basketball most nights. Imagine two or three 70 win sides.

The Knicks are irrelevant to me in the NBA so those trades (if they were to ever eventuate) would make them instantly watchable.

Every superhero needs a villain. The question is which is Miami and who is going to be their counterpart?

Well right now they're the villain. The Celtics would be their counterpart right now but a lot of people outside of Boston can't stand the Celtics either. Same with the Lakers. So I don't know. I guess if this trade were to happen, the media would shove the "good guy" Knicks down our throats, so they would be the babyfaces. I'm not sure why anyone in their right mind would want to play for that train wreck of a franchise though...

Last edited:
The Heat aren't building the team around LeBron, they have built it around Wade. So what you SHOULD be trying to sell me on is why Rondo is a better player to build a team around than DWade.

Fair enough, I'd rather have Wade than Rondo. Wade has a lot of the assets Rondo has, but with a more well-rounded game.

As for Game 7, we'll agree to disagree. I thought it was one of only three games in that series where Rondo dictated the pace of the game and the flow of the offense.

Going forward, for Rondo to be a truly elite player, he has to not only fix his shot, but work on his confidence. He's got the makings of a co*ky player who comes up big in the clutch (just look at the 3 he drained with 15 seconds left). But there are moments where the confidence wanes.

To some extent, I think Pierce's presence is a negative on Rondo's confidence. Pierce and Rondo both need the ball in their hand to succeed. Something has to give. If I were Ainge, I probably would've thought twice about re-signing Pierce, as much as I like him. Ultimately, it was a sentimental signing - Pierce is going to end his career a Celtic.

Jordan got away with that too. As did Shaq, Bird, Magic, and all the greats. This is a standard thing in the NBA.
There is a huge difference between getting "star calls" and having an entire offensive game predicated on breaking numerous rules play after play.

I don't know about that. People forget how small he was (compared to how he is today) when he first came into the league out of high school. He was skinny and was still a pretty good basketball player at the pro level. His size does, indeed, help though. No doubt about it.
He was still 6'8, 240 - now he's added 10 LBS of muscle since then. I'll give him credit for having a skillset that no one else at his size has ever had. That said, it's still not an impressive basketball skillset. To some of my extent, that used to be my frustration with Shaq - but Shaq always worked on his offensive game and found ways to create space and shots for himself. Lebron just seems to hone in his ability to run over people and make layups as defenders fall beneath him.

Imagine how good Lebron would be if he had Kobe Bryant's work ethic and mentality on the court.

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back