PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac to join Pro Bowl Skills showdown (UPDATE: VIDEO Added)

I thought he won it. Or maybe I’m thinking of a different event.

If I remember correctly, he sucked his first year and won it his second year. But it was a throw for distance without accuracy.

I truly believe Doug Flutie would kick ass at that event.

He was/is a master at the no look pass and hitting the receiver on the numbers.

Reactions: Ian
If I remember correctly, he sucked his first year and won it his second year. But it was a throw for distance without accuracy.
Yea 2001 he did ok.

Mac Jones is banned from PatsFans.

@Ian please approve

Banned from PatsFans? He should be immediately traded to the Jets.

(and, in case it wasn't obvious - big /s. He really just needs to be sentenced to attend the PatsFans.com "Why the helmet catch is nothing to joke about", followed by a 1000 word essay on how wrong he was to participate in this heinous act.)

Brady should come to town and take Mac to Matt Damon's house to challenge him to throw a football through a window...but, secretly have replaced the window with layered poly-carbonate ("bullet proof") glass.

Now that would be funny.

As hard as Mac throws the ball, if he hits "bullet proof" glass the ball will be deflated. And then Brady might be able to teach him how to throw in the cold with balls that are 2 psi lower in pressure. Now that would be very valuable - but I did not say anything if you know what I mean. :whistle:

• Ha Ha
wonder what Michael Bishop is doing these days?

TBF, the targets are moving randomly. Jones works best when they're going where he's expecting them to (based on the defense).
I don't think that the deep targets were moving much, if at all.

TBF, the targets are moving randomly. Jones works best when they're going where he's expecting them to (based on the defense).
So what does that make Wilson then? Jones needs lots of work if he is going to be the franchise QB and he should get right to it. Wilson made him look like an amateur out there.

I remember Brady doing one of these way back when and he was terrible in the long throw event. Just goes to show how unimportant "skills" are.

I thought he won it. Or maybe I’m thinking of a different event.

Brady (can he be mentioned here?) did win the distance competition his 2nd year. Nice growth from his 1st appearance.

• Winner
Yeah, not the best showing for Mac Jones in the skills competition. I was willing to chalk it up to bad weather until Russell Wilson absolutely stole the show.

Yeah, not the best showing for Mac Jones in the skills competition. I was willing to chalk it up to bad weather until Russell Wilson absolutely stole the show.
The wind was brutal, and you could see the ball sail on him. Wilson is used to it in Seattle, and he was just unreal. I agree, it was definitely fun to watch. :cool:

Old enough to remember when people got mad when you comp'd the two.

Old enough to remember when people got mad when you comp'd the two.

I watched Mac’s first and thought “well that didn’t look that good”, but then went back and watched Cousins and saw he looked worse and was grunting audibly with every throw. Then I watched Mac again and it actually seemed way better lol

I watched Mac’s first and thought “well that didn’t look that good”, but then went back and watched Cousins and saw he looked worse and was grunting audibly with every throw. Then I watched Mac again and it actually seemed way better lol
Yeah I'm just messing around. Mac was a little better. Actually didn't mind that event.

wonder what Michael Bishop is doing these days?

Lmao, I was thinking of this when Triump said they need to draft another QB this year,

Yeah I'm just messing around. Mac was a little better. Actually didn't mind that event.
This one was better than the precision passing event, although that one is kinda iffy for me. With the targets either being things moving randomly or really deep targets, it feels less like precision and more like “do you have a big enough arm to throw a laser to smash this robot jerking every which way really quick before it moves again, and also, do you have a big enough arm to hit this really deep target.” But I could be biased.

Last edited:

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back