PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac "not really" surprised to win the starting job

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score

Jones, a first-round draft pick from the University of Alabama, shared that he learned he was the starter in a team meeting. He described it as a tough day because it came at a time when many of his teammates were being released.

Asked whether he was surprised, Jones said on the radio program: "Not really. Like I always say, I prepare to be the starter. I got a chance to get a lot of reps. Nothing really changes. Just trying to be a good teammate, trying to learn the plays every day, fix what I messed up on and listen to [offensive coordinator] Josh [McDaniels] and all the guys in the quarterback room and take the advice."

-----

Dang, I like this kid. :)

This is why I started the "all things Mac Jones" thread, so everything about him could be put in one thread and not scattered through the forum and easily lost.

Jones, a first-round draft pick from the University of Alabama, shared that he learned he was the starter in a team meeting. He described it as a tough day because it came at a time when many of his teammates were being released.

Asked whether he was surprised, Jones said on the radio program: "Not really. Like I always say, I prepare to be the starter. I got a chance to get a lot of reps. Nothing really changes. Just trying to be a good teammate, trying to learn the plays every day, fix what I messed up on and listen to [offensive coordinator] Josh [McDaniels] and all the guys in the quarterback room and take the advice."

-----

Dang, I like this kid. :)
As opposed to most posters on Patsfans who were surprised.

As opposed to most posters on Patsfans who were surprised.
I was one of them... thought the safe play was starting Cam, even though I've thought Mac was perfect for the team from before the draft.

But as we know, BB does not necessarily choose the safe route. :)

Why would he be? He beat a quarterback who doesn't belong in the NFL, as evidenced by no team signing him, even as a backup. Mac played well, too...just glad the team didn't completely lose their mind after partially losing their mind in re-signing Newton.

I;m not so sure hes not fibbing a little. I think it was Jalen mills, Bourne who said that the day after cam was cut mac wasn't quite the same. He wasn't as relaxed as he was before, and his throws weren't as accurate, that he seemed to be felling the pressure of being named the starter.

I;m not so sure hes not fibbing a little. I think it was Jalen mills, Bourne who said that the day after cam was cut mac wasn't quite the same. He wasn't as relaxed as he was before, and his throws weren't as accurate, that he seemed to be felling the pressure of being named the starter.
Not doubting you, but do you have a link? Would be curious to see what they said

Not doubting you, but do you have a link? Would be curious to see what they said
I spent a few minutes looking for it before i posted, i read it a day or two after cam was cut. i'll look for it again but not now.

This is why I started the "all things Mac Jones" thread, so everything about him could be put in one thread and not scattered through the forum and easily lost.

I really hope you weren’t thinking that would be the career long Mac Jones thread? I was hoping that opportunity would fall to me with my “ Mac Jones Is Fat! ” thread, that I’m starting once I’m done here.

I appreciate the intent but mega-threads become a sewer of bickering drowning out actual football posts. I prefer more threads of limited scope.

1631062069824.png

Mac's gf knows the playbook better than cam

Ricky Gervais Lol GIF

Mac came to camp not wanting to win the job, not thinking he could win the job, but PREPARED to win the job. Sure he is a bit nervous, but surprised - nah.

Bama girls are cut from a different cloth

I really hope you weren’t thinking that would be the career long Mac Jones thread? I was hoping that opportunity would fall to me with my “ Mac Jones Is Fat! ” thread, that I’m starting once I’m done here.
As a long time viewer, but new poster, I appreciate the education!!! Only one thread per player. People get butt hurt if you don't follow that RULE.

I'm just patiently waiting for someone to ask her 40 time and if she's a better WR than those signed in free agency.

Shocked the world, but not himself ;)

What else is he gonna say? "Yeah it blindsided me completely out of left field, so I kinda have to cram playbook sessions with my girl in our yard now, hope it works out lol"

What else is he gonna say? "Yeah it blindsided me completely out of left field, so I kinda have to cram playbook sessions with my girl in our yard now, hope it works out lol"
Yea he coulda said that but he didnt

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back