Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Bust

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Afam..

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Does he have the potential to be a franchise player, a star capable of winning a championship Or championships or will he turnout to be a bust ?. I wanted Justin Fields but that’s over now. Mac Jones is our Quarterback.

I voted Franchise player as well. Let’s Go

There is a lot of room for interpretation between Franchise Player/Star and Average/Above Average.

Getting "Franchise Player/Star" QB does not happen all that often when they first come into the league.. have to make another choice initially "Good Game Manager/Great Decision Maker".. if that occurs in the first 3-4 years, good things will follow.

Obviously none of us know.

In order to maximize their potential every QB needs a solid supporting cast or receivers, blockers and quality coaching. They also need a defense that can make some stops every now and then. AR, Mahomes and Lawrence is no different.

I don't think Jones has Mahomes' talent or that something TB12 has but My gut tells me Mac Jones' ceiling is somewhere between franchise player and average player.

I feel like hes going to have a Roethlisberger career without the picks and dumbass decisions.

With the right surrounding talent, coaching and health I can easily see Jones having a few Pro Bowl years here and there but not perennial ones like Brees, AR, TB12, Manning, Mahomes, etc.

Does he have the talent to carry a team just by walking on the field and is good for 4-5 wins and making the playoffs every year? My gut tells me no.

In order to maximize their potential every QB needs a solid supporting cast or receivers, blockers and quality coaching. They also need a defense that can make some stops every now and then. AR, Mahomes and Lawrence is no different.

I don't think Jones has Mahomes' talent or that something TB12 has but My gut tells me Mac Jones' ceiling is somewhere between franchise player and average player.

I feel like hes going to have a Roethlisberger career without the picks and dumbass decisions.

With the right surrounding talent, coaching and health I can easily see Jones having a few Pro Bowl years here and there but not perennial ones like Brees, AR, TB12, Manning, Mahomes, etc.

Does he have the talent to carry a team just by walking on the field and is good for 4-5 wins and making the playoffs every year? My gut tells me no.

Why does your gut tell you that? From what I've seen he's accurate, able to read defenses well at the collegiate level and has vision on the field, used his eyes and pump fakes to create space for his receivers. I think he's a stud

I love how the coach did one final check of his staff on the pick.

But wow, what a cold fish on the phone with Jones. I suspect that's just because the cameras were there.
Can you imagine getting the job of your life and having your new boss come across that way when calling to offer the job? LOL.

I don't really believe in writing off a player's "ceiling" because of physical traits. The QBs taken ahead of him, while physically gifted enough to be the next Mahomes, will probably not actually reach that level. On the flip side, it's entirely possible Jones' arm strength and mobility are good enough to be an NFL superstar if he plays a cerebral enough game.

No, I don't think he's going to be Brady. I think he could be a poor man's Brady, though.

I don't really believe in writing off a player's "ceiling" because of physical traits. The QBs taken ahead of him, while physically gifted enough to be the next Mahomes, will probably not actually reach that level. On the flip side, it's entirely possible Jones' arm strength and mobility are good enough to be an NFL superstar if he plays a cerebral enough game.

No, I don't think he's going to be Brady. I think he could be a poor man's Brady, though.
A poor mans Brady.

Fine, I’ll settle for the next Joe Montana.

Why does your gut tell you that? From what I've seen he's accurate, able to read defenses well at the collegiate level and has vision on the field, used his eyes and pump fakes to create space for his receivers. I think he's a stud
Because despite our better judgement, people are seduced by athleticism rather than what's important, can he play?

Nobody will be the next Brady in our lifetime.

With that said, Mac Jones being a good QB will be a win for us.

I like Jones but am pretty bummed that the Brady offense will continue. I was really hoping we would take a more dynamic QB so we could run a more dynamic offense to compete with the Bills and Chiefs but it appears this is our offense for as long as Bill is here.

So a two time Super bowl champion career? I'm in.

Spot on. Exactly my take too. He is not a QB that will elevate but if he has some talent around him, he can get the job done.

He did win a natty. He has played around nfl talent for years.

Kyle Pitts would have been my only choice in front of a QB...

I think Jones although drafted in the middle of the first round is a better player than his draft number.
Probably will be haunted by this statement... We shall see.

Jones doesn't have to be TFB superstar, all he needs to be is young TFB who made the right decision quickly and throw the ball accurately.

Our run game should be as good as any run game Brady had outside of 2004. MAC will benefit a lot from that without the team being so reliant on the pass. Oftentimes his load may be as simple as being able to hurt defenses for stacking the box and come up with the occasional clutch play, perfect scenario to break in a young developing qb.

Nobody will be the next Brady in our lifetime.

With that said, Mac Jones being a good QB will be a win for us.
Are you disagreeing with me? I said specifically that he will not be the next Brady.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back