PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac Jones vs. the other rookie QBs

Let's just stick to the topic.

Mac had an encouraging game outside of his two bad interceptions. I'll briefly discuss those below, but for the most part he was accurate and composed. He had some big time throws down the sidelines and into the deep third. Apart from some drops, he would have been well over 300 yards, 70% completion, and 2+ touchdowns. Of course, the game loses some of its shine when you factor in the picks.

INT number one was just a savvy defensive play from Leonard, who drifted back into the passing lane when the running back didn't leak out to run a route. Instead, the RB chipped the rusher, and Leonard checked out of his responsibility and read Mac's eyes. It happens. Just move on. The second one he should never have thrown so late. An earlier throw is a first down, but he hesitated and then tossed it straight to the player instead of arcing it up so a defender doesn't have a chance. I don't think he'll repeat that error in a similar situation.

I expect him to come out slinging against the Bills, even down receivers. He's likely going to put together a complete game and firmly cement his OROY chances. Why? Well, I expect him to win out in the regular season, thereby setting the record for most rookie road wins, and also to take the completion percentage crown. He's likely going to end up at 12-5, in the ballpark of 4000 yards, with 70% or above completion percentage, and at least a 2:1 TD:INT ratio. As a rookie. I'd take that any year. Despite all mistakes and growing pains, those overall numbers are likely to be his inaugural run through the NFL. Incredible!

Thanks for pointing out how bad hits are to QB's. Thanks for telling us Mac Jones is wicked accurate. Great insights from a special mind.

In all fairness getting hit usually doesn’t happen the NFL QB’s, so DropKickNewton pointing out that Jones could get hit really was deep insight. It was really on the same level as his “ turnovers hurt your team “ insight, as most fans never realized that. He’s truly a savant.

C'mon, y'all, let's just drop the personal stuff. I've had plenty of dustups with with DKF, but I un-ignored everyone for Christmas and I'm happy to just have cordial conversations -- and, honestly, he's been right about more than a few things this year that we gave him grief for at the time. None of us are experts here. No need to get so worked up.

Let's go beat the Bills this week!

Is there an NFL COVID list, like the official injury report, with up-to-date COVID player announcements? I can't find anything outside of just checking Twitter news

Let's just stick to the topic.

Mac had an encouraging game outside of his two bad interceptions. I'll briefly discuss those below, but for the most part he was accurate and composed. He had some big time throws down the sidelines and into the deep third. Apart from some drops, he would have been well over 300 yards, 70% completion, and 2+ touchdowns. Of course, the game loses some of its shine when you factor in the picks.

INT number one was just a savvy defensive play from Leonard, who drifted back into the passing lane when the running back didn't leak out to run a route. Instead, the RB chipped the rusher, and Leonard checked out of his responsibility and read Mac's eyes. It happens. Just move on. The second one he should never have thrown so late. An earlier throw is a first down, but he hesitated and then tossed it straight to the player instead of arcing it up so a defender doesn't have a chance. I don't think he'll repeat that error in a similar situation.

I expect him to come out slinging against the Bills, even down receivers. He's likely going to put together a complete game and firmly cement his OROY chances. Why? Well, I expect him to win out in the regular season, thereby setting the record for most rookie road wins, and also to take the completion percentage crown. He's likely going to end up at 12-5, in the ballpark of 4000 yards, with 70% or above completion percentage, and at least a 2:1 TD:INT ratio. As a rookie. I'd take that any year. Despite all mistakes and growing pains, those overall numbers are likely to be his inaugural run through the NFL. Incredible!

Yes, he made some really great throws vs Indy...his throw at 6:45 to Harry was probably my favorite. If the D didn't give up that big run to Taylor, I honestly think Mac would have brought us back in that game.

C'mon, y'all, let's just drop the personal stuff. I've had plenty of dustups with with DKF, but I un-ignored everyone for Christmas and I'm happy to just have cordial conversations -- and, honestly, he's been right about more than a few things this year that we gave him grief for at the time. None of us are experts here. No need to get so worked up.

Let's go beat the Bills this week!
This is very cordial and serious (the post below and obvious lying) ...
C'mon man tough to have real conversations with people that lie and have mental problems. That's all DKF is about. Another poster claims this game never happened.

I know you like to stay out this stuff but why can't we call it what it is?
Merry Christmas man. Hope the squad is well.
It was great how you couldn't help yourself but question Mac's arm when the Pats lost a couple. You can't help yourself since you were so wrong on Mac from the start. Must be painful for you to do a 180 on players when clearly wrong. I still see a struggle though to not pretend sometimes. And I'm SO glad the Pats did the total opposite from construction guy opining and that we have Mac Jones and Christian Barmore on this team, and that Karras is knocking it out of the park at left guard.

and you're probably too dumb to understand but repeatedly saying Mac is Kirk Cousins, is not a diss no matter what you think about Cousins. BB can absolutely win another ring with a 28TD/12int QB
You too ya filthy animal

This is very cordial and serious (the post below and obvious lying) ...

It's just classic, multiple people now in multiple threads who call out how much BGC is a total snowflake and you act like a total a-s. You just can't help yourself.
It's OK that you're totally wrong on so many football takes, I get it construction guy, nobody is perfect. But don't get act all snarky with people when you're wrong and people disagree. Since you were so psycho over the summer obsessively stalking me and it looks like now using multiple fake accounts to try to troll me (what a loser you are, BGC), I'm going to call you out on your bullsh-t and it is honestly so easy to do since you are a fake expert construction guy who is wrong about football so often. Go wait for some more people to tweet before you parrot their opinions, as you have no original good football thoughts.

Is there an NFL COVID list, like the official injury report, with up-to-date COVID player announcements? I can't find anything outside of just checking Twitter news
You might want to post this in a thread related to COVID; in any case, I'm not aware of any official league-wide list, but many team roster pages have a COVID reserve list.

You might want to post this in a thread related to COVID; in any case, I'm not aware of any official league-wide list, but many team roster pages have a COVID reserve list.
Sorry, thought I posted this in the Bills pregame

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back