PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac Jones terrifies me - Brett Kollmann (Film room video)

His analysis seems spot on to me. I am certainly no pro, but it seems to that Mac does not fully drive off his back leg. He seems to kick it up prematurely before getting maximum torque from his lower body. Just for the record, I could not be happier with how Mac's play and fully acknowledge that I could be completely wrong.

Last edited:
His analysis seems spot on to me. I am certainly no pro, but it seems to that Mac does not fully drive off his back leg. He seems to kick it up prematurely before getting maximum torque from his lower body. Just for the record, I could not be happier with how Mac's play and fully acknowledge that I could be completely wrong.
Kinks like that take a while to erase from a QB’s mechanics. Some guys are never able to do it. It’s not as much of an issue with Mac right now because he’s basically in a timing offense and most of his throws are coming with anticipation instead of trying to squeeze balls into tight windows.

Kinks like that take a while to erase from a QB’s mechanics. Some guys are never able to do it. It’s not as much of an issue with Mac right now because he’s basically in a timing offense and most of his throws are coming with anticipation instead of trying to squeeze balls into tight windows.

Some kinks are fun and do not need to be erased. ;)

In TB's first year they had him work on his arm strength, I remember an interview with him on the radio, he said they had him working on his leg strength, Mac can do the same of need be.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back