PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac Jones last two weeks

And he quickly unliked it. Much ado about nothing. You Mac haters will reach at anything to create an anti-Mac Jones narrative. Bourne obviously feels for Jones because Patricia has ruined Bourne worse than he has ruined Jones. He isn’t upset with Jones’ play. He is happy that Jones is drawing attention to Patricia’s ineptitude.
KB was one of the best players last season. His energy, his attitude his play making abilities. He was a crowd favorite. All of sudden that all changed when BB decided to fix something that wasn't broken.. we are devoid of play makers like KB was last season from this boring, senseless offensive scheme BB drew up in the dirt. This season didn't have to happen this way. Nothing was accomplished, your QB got worse behind this mess, he's lashing out becuase he can't withstand the frustration anymore. And , all the ex pats that criticize him for lashing out- they've never had to endure this level of dysfunction when they were here! Just my opinions..

Now analyzing the last few games at a rational level , I want to give the benefit of doubt to Mac a little bit .

Vikings - almost in the game until special teams flubs the game away with a free kickoff return and penalty on punt as well as agholor dropping a dime.

Cardinals - conservative game play and mistake free game . All that we needed to win .

Raiders - game where Mac is absolutely atrocious . Redeemed himself a bit in last few drives . Lost due to Brian fade by Meyers and Rham

Bengals
- played crappy first half. Was it his fault . Absolutely not. First two plays were always runs which got stuffed at line of scrimmage . And third and long always with no playmakers or receivers beyond 10 yard line. Saw few Meyers routes and it was hardly 2 yards from line of scrimmage after 3 seconds. That is atrocious . Jonnu and Henry colliding ends up validating the comical playcalling and coaching . This should get most coaches fired. Bill with his history gets one more chance at redemption as this not only cost us the season but has the potential to screw and damage Mac Jones for good. Yes Mac might not be the world beater but he was decent enough and if we got some playmakers around him we could potentially be like ravens under flacco.

Inability to draft or develop wide receivers not having a game plan around two dynamic TEs falls on Bill.

I think we should get a fresh coach /OC to take a look at Mac before throwing in the towel. We still have 2 more rookie years of Mac and Mac is at least coachable and is intelligent unlike Zac Wilson.

Cardinals moving away from Josh Rosen after a season did not do any wonders. Jets savior happens to be Mike White a 4 year veteran . So experience does help.

Considering all the chaos in coaching and having ringmasters as Offensive coaches, to be fair to Mac , we need to consider this year a wash and not even evaluate it . It's pointless . Bill basically wasted a year of elite defense with some moronic decisions which I am sure he is regretting a lot.

Let Mac and zappe fight it out next year in TC but whoever starts should get the first 6 -8 games at a minimum .

If we feel Mac is probably the best choice , then we need to give him an even bigger vote of confidence and work to unlearn all the crap he had learnt this season and get back his pocket presence and ability to move to second read. If Mac is as cerebral as what we have heard he should be able to transition and make the quick reads.

Get a proper slot receiver and probably it's game on . Meyers is taking too long to get open. We need slots who can get open under 3 seconds . Marcus probably is our best bet.

Long story short, spare Mac the leash and criticism. Void this year . Treat mac's 3rd year as the real sophomore year and see if he can make that jump.

Last edited:
Now analyzing the last few games at a rational level , I want to give the benefit of doubt to Mac a little bit .

Vikings - almost in the game until special teams flubs the game away with a free kickoff return and penalty on punt as well as agholor dropping a dime.

Cardinals - conservative game play and mistake free game . All that we needed to win .

Raiders - game where Mac is absolutely atrocious . Redeemed himself a bit in last few drives . Lost due to Brian fade by Meyers and Rham

Bengals
- played crappy first half. Was it his fault . Absolutely not. First two plays were always runs which got stuffed at line of scrimmage . And third and long always with no playmakers or receivers beyond 10 yard line. Saw few Meyers routes and it was hardly 2 yards from line of scrimmage after 3 seconds. That is atrocious . Jonnu and Henry colliding ends up validating the comical playcalling and coaching . This should get most coaches fired. Bill with his history gets one more chance at redemption as this not only cost us the season but has the potential to screw and damage Mac Jones for good. Yes Mac might not be the world beater but he was decent enough and if we got some playmakers around him we could potentially be like ravens under flacco.

Inability to draft or develop wide receivers not having a game plan around two dynamic TEs falls on Bill.

I think we should get a fresh coach /OC to take a look at Mac before throwing in the towel. We still have 2 more rookie years of Mac and Mac is at least coachable and is intelligent unlike Zac Wilson.

Cardinals moving away from Josh Rosen after a season did not do any wonders. Jets savior happens to be Mike White a 4 year veteran . So experience does help.

Considering all the chaos in coaching and having ringmasters as Offensive coaches, to be fair to Mac , we need to consider this year a wash and not even evaluate it . It's pointless . Bill basically wasted a year of elite defense with some moronic decisions which I am sure he is regretting a lot.

Let Mac and zappe fight it out next year in TC but whoever starts should get the first 6 -8 games at a minimum .

If we feel Mac is probably the best choice , then we need to give him an even bigger vote of confidence and work to unlearn all the crap he had learnt this season and get back his pocket presence and ability to move to second read. If Mac is as cerebral as what we have heard he should be able to transition and make the quick reads.

Get a proper slot receiver and probably it's game on . Meyers is taking too long to get open. We need slots who can get open under 3 seconds . Marcus probably is our best bet.

Long story short, spare Mac the leash and criticism. Void this year . Treat mac's 3rd year as the real sophomore year and see if he can make that jump.
Excellent points, spot on depiction of this season. We also have to stop and realize all these teams with extraordinary talent on offense were always picking in the 1st round each season while we were making AFC championships and winning Lombardis for the most part.

Chase and Higgins, Boyd for example are there along with Baby Brady due to them being in the 1st round every year.. same with Buffalo, took them 18,19 years to finally land a QB..

This defense is so impressive considering there are no household names or all pros outside of judon.. it's reminding me of how the great patriots defenses of the early 2000s were built.

Off season plan should be on defense:
Re- sign Jon Jones
Draft a MLB, sign a veteran CB or 2
Or acquire by trade.

Jack Jones is the real deal exceptional foot work, technique, attitude and the confidence to be a lock down corner..

Pass rush is legit! Judon, uche, wise,
barmore

On offense:
Stop flirting with idea of Bringing back Billy O and actually do it!

I beleive most of the roster here now will look the same next season however adding that bona-fide playmaker or 2 will allow everyone to play thier positions respectfully as 3s &4s .

Backs are rham, strong and harris ( rookie)

Marcus Jones please have him play slot receiver the kidd is a budding all pro in the making..

Excellent points, spot on depiction of this season. We also have to stop and realize all these teams with extraordinary talent on offense were always picking in the 1st round each season while we were making AFC championships and winning Lombardis for the most part.

Chase and Higgins, Boyd for example are there along with Baby Brady due to them being in the 1st round every year.. same with Buffalo, took them 18,19 years to finally land a QB..

This defense is so impressive considering there are no household names or all pros outside of judon.. it's reminding me of how the great patriots defenses of the early 2000s were built.

Off season plan should be on defense:
Re- sign Jon Jones
Draft a MLB, sign a veteran CB or 2
Or acquire by trade.

Jack Jones is the real deal exceptional foot work, technique, attitude and the confidence to be a lock down corner..

Pass rush is legit! Judon, uche, wise,
barmore

On offense:
Stop flirting with idea of Bringing back Billy O and actually do it!

I beleive most of the roster here now will look the same next season however adding that bona-fide playmaker or 2 will allow everyone to play thier positions respectfully as 3s &4s .

Backs are rham, strong and harris ( rookie)

Marcus Jones please have him play slot receiver the kidd is a budding all pro in the making..
Even I have been harsh on Mac. It's more of a Jekyll and Hyde situation. But this is Bills fault and Mac is just a puppet in his coaching gamble. Made to look more bad than he actually is . There has been 4 stud QBs ( mahomes,Herbert, Allen, burrow ) who have been available in last 5 -6 years and more than 10 duds. No QB has emerged outside top 10 leave apart Lamar who is better than game managers but will not get you to a super bowl by himself. So our best bet is to coach up Mac.

If bill is paid 20 million he better do that , else we find someone else who can do it. Bengals have turned around in just 3 seasons since landing burrow. Jaguars look Like they could be a playoff contender this year under a reborn pederson.

So if Bill is the coaching genius we say he is , he better come up with something better than the sham show we had this year . Shanahan has been competitive year on year over last 4 years . We can say lack of talent. But last 3 years we are more middle of rung and have picked up in decent draft position. Next year probably better. Bill would be outside the top 15 coaching ranks for this year .

We have decent cap space and have had some playmakers identified. I would want us to move away from mcCourty and few other veterans and find the next gen players. So get Bledsoe , Russel and Hines some reps.

If Bill is playing conservative to get more wins to reach Shula's record it is to the detriment of the team and not putting team in best position to win . If that be the case we should move from Bill a year earlier so that we can be competitive in 2024.

Bills decision has more or less screwed up the team development that would have made us front runners in 2023. Instead we have a wasted year and need one more developmental year in 2023. That's criminal waste of a season considering you have QB on rookie salary.

If we decide to move from Mac, we should move from Bill first who caused this to happen. Don't shoot the messenger by demoting Mac. Bill said Blame him if offense fails. It failed with a. Gigantic Thud. It's on you Bill. You screwed the pats season .

Last edited:
Even I have been harsh on Mac. It's more of a Jekyll and Hyde situation. But this is Bills fault and Mac is just a puppet in his coaching gamble. Made to look more bad than he actually is . There has been 4 stud QBs ( mahomes,Herbert, Allen, burrow ) who have been available in last 5 -6 years and more than 10 duds. No QB has emerged outside top 10 leave apart Lamar who is better than game managers but will not get you to a super bowl by himself. So our best bet is to coach up Mac.

If bill is paid 20 million he better do that , else we find someone else who can do it. Bengals have turned around in just 3 seasons since landing burrow. Jaguars look Like they could be a playoff contender this year under a reborn pederson.

So if Bill is the coaching genius we say he is , he better come up with something better than the sham show we had this year . Shanahan has been competitive year on year over last 4 years . We can say lack of talent. But last 3 years we are more middle of rung and have picked up in decent draft position. Next year probably better. Bill would be outside the top 15 coaching ranks for this year .

We have decent cap space and have had some playmakers identified. I would want us to move away from mcCourty and few other veterans and find the next gen players. So get Bledsoe , Russel and Hines some reps.

If Bill is playing conservative to get more wins to reach Shula's record it is to the detriment of the team and not putting team in best position to win . If that be the case we should move from Bill a year earlier so that we can be competitive in 2024.

Bills decision has more or less screwed up the team development that would have made us front runners in 2023. Instead we have a wasted year and need one more developmental year in 2023. That's criminal water of a season considering you have QB on rookie salary.
I don't say this lightly but if BB was any other coach on any other team he would be fired after this season. You don't go from a top 10 offense to bottom 5 in one season with practically the same roster without consequences (especially what they're paying their skill guys on offense).

He isn't another coach on another team so he'll be around the next couple of years but he has to get an earful and more from ownership in the off season. Big changes need to happen.

Bills decision has more or less screwed up the team development that would have made us front runners in 2023. Instead we have a wasted year and need one more developmental year in 2023. That's criminal waste of a season considering you have QB on rookie salary.

If we decide to move from Mac, we should move from Bill first who caused this to happen. Don't shoot the messenger by demoting Mac. Bill said Blame him if offense fails. It failed with a. Gigantic Thud. It's on you Bill. You screwed the pats season .
Yes, absolutely. Mac deserves another year as you stated he's still under the teams control with the structure in the contracts are set for 1st round picks..

I honestly feel that BB figured this would work. Bb always has been a chemist for the better part of the dynasty it's worked.. however as we all know... that was largely due in part from Brady.. a guy like Brady would have been the only guy to have withstood the test of time and remained where so long he took less for the best interest of the team.. the further we move ahead I'm the post brady era the more I appreciate him.. yes BB coached and challenged him to become who he is as a player however Brady had those elements already in him.. Mac has some of those elements.. however the team didn't do things to stunt brady's growth like they did with Mac.. it was obvious the offensive players were all in.. can we blame them?

I feel like I would like Mac to rest the remainder of the season so that ankle is 100%.. he's the future, and I fully expect ownership to see to it that this proud franchise does everything possible to return to being a play-off contender

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back