PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac Jones interview: someone show BB 1:50 in this vid

Some more tidbits. The kid sleeps every night at 9pm, hydrates constantly, uses all his free time to study tape, coaches call him obsessed with football and obsessed with getting better. Sounds like someone.

This is like a lottery ticket falling from the sky. This kid has an edge. Works his ass off. If he obsesses about film study will be a seamless fit

They still could have had Mac at #3. But they decided to pass on him for Trey Lance. 3 years from now, will that look like the right move? Who knows. It's going to be interesting. Mac Jones has 4 pictures on his bedroom wall now - Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, and Justin Fields. Can he prove to the NFL teams who passed on him that they made the wrong decision?

The Jones Four, like the Brady Six. A burning desire to prove everyone wrong. He had the most perfect college season ever.

The Jones Four, like the Brady Six. A burning desire to prove everyone wrong. He had the most perfect college season ever.
Great college season. But still regarded as the least of the five 1st round QBs. Yup, Mac Jones is gonna bring that chip with him. Maybe that's what he meant when he said I wanted it to turn out like this to Goodell.

Level of competition is intriguing when comparing. Mac has the best competition (day in day out) in college football but is doubted. Trey Lance plays against kids who would be lucky to see the field in the SEC and he's the next Mahomes. I'd be genuinely fascinated to wind back time and stick Trey Lance into the SEC at somewhere middle of the road like Texas A&M or Mississippi State. Would he still be the next Mahomes or would he be Kellen Mond?

Level of competition is intriguing when comparing. Mac has the best competition (day in day out) in college football but is doubted. Trey Lance plays against kids who would be lucky to see the field in the SEC and he's the next Mahomes. I'd be genuinely fascinated to wind back time and stick Trey Lance into the SEC at somewhere middle of the road like Texas A&M or Mississippi State. Would he still be the next Mahomes or would he be Kellen Mond?

Great point. There is nothing else Mac could have done better. Also extremely clutch in the playoffs and national championship.

Great college season. But still regarded as the least of the five 1st round QBs. Yup, Mac Jones is gonna bring that chip with him. Maybe that's what he meant when he said I wanted it to turn out like this to Goodell.

The kid has a fire in him. Went to Alabama despite it being totally stacked at QB. Like Brady going to a stacked Michigan team. Going through the perseverance is a great sign of his mental makeup.

Mac is the highest potential rookie QB and I'm glad to have been driving the bandwagon in a couple threads since last Oct. I know it drives certain draft wannabe snowflakes crazy who spend a ton of time but are embarassingly wrong all the time (bacongrundlecandy), wrong about Mac Jones, wrong about Barmore/DTs, and so far not looking good for their #1 rated top QB Trey Lance either.

But Mac isn't ready to start. Give him all the time he needs to study NFL defenses this year so he has the best chance to succeed. Absolutely no reason to rush the kid. A lot of QBs have been wrecked based on not supporting them their rookie year, and it's no coincidence Mahomes, Rogers, Brady succeeded after having the chance to learn first.

Last edited:
Mac is the highest potential rookie QB and I'm glad to have been driving the bandwagon in a couple threads since last Oct. I know it drives certain draft wannabe snowflakes crazy who spend a ton of time but are wrong all the time (bcg).

But Mac isn't ready to start. Give him all the time he needs to study NFL defenses this year so he has the best chance to succeed. Absolutely no reason to rush the kid. A lot of QBs have been wrecked based on not supporting them their rookie year, and it's no coincidence Mahomes Rogers Brady succeeded after having the chance to learn first.

I generally agree, but Mac should have the supporting cast - OL (if healthy), RBs, TEs (if healthy) & better WRs - to protect him and provide him with enough safety valves to keep him out of trouble...Besides, by the time Labor Day rolls along, Mac will have a better grasp of the playbook than Cam will; the only advantage Cam has right now is experience.

If Mac acquits himself well tomorrow night, then the Real QB competition is On...

It's still Cam's job to lose, but he needs to perform well too; well enough to convince Bill that the team can win games because of him and not in spite of him...

It's still Cam's job to lose, but he needs to perform well too; well enough to convince Bill that the team can win games because of him and not in spite of him...

Well I guess he lost it.

I think I'd still rather Cam as our #2 than Hoyer.

Mac is the highest potential rookie QB and I'm glad to have been driving the bandwagon in a couple threads since last Oct. I know it drives certain draft wannabe snowflakes crazy who spend a ton of time but are embarassingly wrong all the time (bacongrundlecandy), wrong about Mac Jones, wrong about Barmore/DTs, and so far not looking good for their #1 rated top QB Trey Lance either.

But Mac isn't ready to start. Give him all the time he needs to study NFL defenses this year so he has the best chance to succeed. Absolutely no reason to rush the kid. A lot of QBs have been wrecked based on not supporting them their rookie year, and it's no coincidence Mahomes, Rogers, Brady succeeded after having the chance to learn first.

Man someone is obsessed with me. Not sure if you're jealous or what.

Also how does it feel to be so wrong, all the time. Like Mac has all the potential in the world but isn't ready to start on team like this. You have to try to be this wrong.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back