PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac files trademark for MJ10 (edit: And Mac10)

I wonder if he's actually gonna use it or if he's just trying to get ahead of other people who might try to profit from it. Hoping it's the latter because this is neither original nor clever.

id put my money on him just being provided guidance from his agent and probably even the team to some extent to do this, just in terms of branding yourself as an athlete, etc

Yeah I thought about that... MJ is Jordan not Mac lol

Trade Mac to the Jags and then he can take "Mac-ksonville" like Brady and "Tompa Bay". LOL
After 20 years and a handful of super bowls? I'll take it.

Standard branding move. This is a nothing burger. My only issue is I don’t like “MJ” because it evokes Michael Jordan, and ”Mac“ is such an awesome, catchy nickname to begin with. He’ll probably file for multiple trademarks, though, as he should.
spider-man kiss GIF
magic johnson lakers GIF by WNBA
1638382242771.png

Idk maybe win something first. But hey college kids who haven’t done anything and then crap themselves (Spencer rattler) can do stuff like NIL now so why not I guess.
Yeah he should wait til he has at least 3 rings before doing any sort of business move off the field. Obviously all his possible trademarks would still be freely available then because nobody would be douchy enough to jump ahead of him.

That'd be the smart thinking. Too bad he's dumb as rocks though.

Tom Brady waiting as long as he did was a mistake. He was wearing TB12 hats showing his “brand” for years, but not doing anything with it.

I have no problem Mac starting something now.

Potential sb matchups:

Mj10 vs tb12
Mac 10 vs AR 12
Mac vs Dak
Mac n cheese vs a Stafford dress shirt
2014 Brady heir vs 2021 Brady heir

This kid is an nfl wet dream from a marketing standpoint :eek:

Yeah I thought about that... MJ is Jordan not Mac lol

Trade Mac to the Jags and then he can take "Mac-ksonville" like Brady and "Tompa Bay". LOL
Mac England Patriots?

Idk maybe win something first. But hey college kids who haven’t done anything and then crap themselves (Spencer rattler) can do stuff like NIL now so why not I guess.
I get that but if he waits, someone else will get it in the meantime and then it's even more of an expense to acquire..

All I keep thinking is Michael Jordan. LOL Having MJ as your initials is not ideal from a marketing perspective. If I was him I would have done Mac10. I think that is cleaner and cooler and associates better with him.

Someone in Massachusetts actually trademarked Mac 10 for clothes, and it isn't Mac Jones.
That guy filed it a week before the regular season started. Has not been accepted yet. I wonder if this filing is in response to that? I'm sure Mac wants it considering his company name is "Mac 10 Enterprises"

That guy filed it a week before the regular season started. Has not been accepted yet. I wonder if this filing is in response to that? I'm sure Mac wants it considering his company name is "Mac 10 Enterprises"

Man, that stinks for Mac. His name is really common so I bet they are looking at all options for trade marking.

Nothing wrong with it. I will always be supportive of athletes doing what they can to create or develop their brand. Now let's hope he delivers.
Nothing wrong with it particularly where some other schmo may try to grab the name before he does (see above). It's smart to think ahead and doesn't necessarily mean he plans to do anything for now, other than own the name.

All I keep thinking is Michael Jordan. LOL Having MJ as your initials is not ideal from a marketing perspective. If I was him I would have done Mac10. I think that is cleaner and cooler and associates better with him.
I can think of a few worse initials, BJ, FU...

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
There's a Neverland Ranch joke here somewhere...

I’m more worried about getting him getting a supermodel wife who’s earnings will dwarf whatever salary he makes, allowing him to remain QB of this team for two decades on a contract that both he and the team can be happy with.
Brady taking less had zero to do with how much his wife makes. Rich people do not say, oh you know what, I have enough money already...thats not how they think. Brady did it to help the team win, not because he had too much money because that does not exist.

I get that but if he waits, someone else will get it in the meantime and then it's even more of an expense to acquire..
Exactly. These are intent to use applications. Applicants are supposed to have a bona fide intent to use the mark. I doubt the Mac 10 applicant has a bona fide intent to use that mark.

Brady taking less had zero to do with how much his wife makes. Rich people do not say, oh you know what, I have enough money already...thats not how they think. Brady did it to help the team win, not because he had too much money because that does not exist.
I was only joking. His girlfriend, Sophie, seems like a lovely young woman and I hope they have much future happiness.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back