PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac files trademark for MJ10 (edit: And Mac10)

speaking of thread derailment...
Did someone say Aaron Rodgers?
MV5BNTQ2ZDBlYTMtODE3OC00NzljLTg0ODctNGQ5ZWFmZjNjNDhlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQwMDg0Ng@@._V1_.jpg

Standard branding move. This is a nothing burger. My only issue is I don’t like “MJ” because it evokes Michael Jordan, and ”Mac“ is such an awesome, catchy nickname to begin with. He’ll probably file for multiple trademarks, though, as he should.
Yeah I thought about that... MJ is Jordan not Mac lol

Trade Mac to the Jags and then he can take "Mac-ksonville" like Brady and "Tompa Bay". LOL

Standard branding move. This is a nothing burger. My only issue is I don’t like “MJ” because it evokes Michael Jordan, and ”Mac“ is such an awesome, catchy nickname to begin with. He’ll probably file for multiple trademarks, though, as he should.
I'm sure branding "Mac" would be an effortless task

Kinda lame. My hope would be that he trademarked it so neither he nor anyone else will ever sell "MJ10" gear. As others have said, Mac10 would be way better. At the end of the day though, who cares.

Kinda lame. My hope would be that he trademarked it so neither he nor anyone else will ever sell "MJ10" gear. As others have said, Mac10 would be way better. At the end of the day though, who cares.
Mac10 is available. MacAttack is taken but it's a dead trademark so I'm sure he could take that if he wanted.

speaking of thread derailment...
Is it even derailment? It's a joke (presumably), but it's related to the thread in at least one or two ways.

Is it even derailment? It's a joke (presumably), but it's related to the thread in at least one or two ways.

I couldn't tell whether it was a joke or whether he meant to post that on the covid/politics thread in the pub forum

Mac10 is available. MacAttack is taken but it's a dead trademark so I'm sure he could take that if he wanted.
Someone in Massachusetts actually trademarked Mac 10 for clothes, and it isn't Mac Jones.

Didn't Brady wait until he threw at least 50 touchdowns in one season before TB12?

Cringey for me, but as long as things aren't getting to his head who am I to complain. Probably has an army of advisors and marketers telling him to do this.
yeah because before that year we all called him Tom Terrific.

I prefer the Mac10 nickname but understand if the firearms reference makes Jones uncomfortable in this modern political climate

I don't fully understand the problems that some people have with this. He's a professional athlete. He's leveraging his national profile to produce an income. It doesn't make me think he's self-absorbed or that he won't practice hard anymore. Not really any of my business either way.

It's not like he's pulling a Baker Mayfield.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back