PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac files trademark for MJ10 (edit: And Mac10)

Reminds me of the RG3 branding . hoping for a different career path.

I was only joking. His girlfriend, Sophie, seems like a lovely young woman and I hope they have much future happiness.

yes, I like her much better than Gisele

Didn't Brady wait until he threw at least 50 touchdowns in one season before TB12?

Cringey for me, but as long as things aren't getting to his head who am I to complain. Probably has an army of advisors and marketers telling him to do this.
Yet we see schoolkids being told they need to start shaping their brand as soon as possible.

I don't like it very much, but it is the world we live in.

Standard branding move. This is a nothing burger. My only issue is I don’t like “MJ” because it evokes Michael Jordan, and ”Mac“ is such an awesome, catchy nickname to begin with. He’ll probably file for multiple trademarks, though, as he should.
I kind of like it specifically because it triggers thoughts of Micheal Jordan, rather than a Big Mac sandwich or McDonald's or Macaroni and Cheese.

"Mac Attack" is something one deals with by taking Lipitor.

As hard as it is to recon, people now forming football fandoms won't be very knowledgeable about the "old school" MJ so it won't feel as crass as it does to those of us old enough to remember watching Jordan play and lusting after old-school Air Jordans.

LOL. Cmon man. Well at least it's for merch and not for health and wellness products. Yet. :D

Kinda surprised someone didn't jump on that before he did.

Awesome! Love the copycat ****. Now he needs to win the SB his first year as a starter. Then starting dating a hot actress who will be destined to be an irrelevant anorexic washed up actor within a few years of their breakup. Then he needs win 2 out of the next three SB's and date another actress that is more of a traditional beauty and not as famous as the previous actress. He then needs to break up with her and marry the hottest Super Model on the planet that makes his salary the slush fund, continue to take team friendly deals to keep the roster stocked.

I mean it's a proven formula!

It would be interesting to see if the USPTO rejects Mac10 since Mac 10 is already taken...could cause some confusion. Mac should just give the Mac 10 owner some money for the mark.

It would be interesting to see if the USPTO rejects Mac10 since Mac 10 is already taken...could cause some confusion. Mac should just give the Mac 10 owner some money for the mark.
Seriously...pay whatever it takes. MAC10 is gold.

Mac10 isn’t really taken. Someone else filed an application for it in September, but it hasn’t been approved. These things usually take a while.

Appearing on Merloni & Fauria Monday, the rookie quarterback was asked about it and the reasons for it.

"I just wanted to protect myself, and my team off the field does a great job off the field protecting me," he said. "So in the future if I ever have to use them, which I don’t have plans on using them any time soon, I just have them protected so that someone doesn’t buy them and then make me pay a lot more money for them.”

Pretty sure he won't be given the trademark of "Mac10" because of the Military Armament Corporation (MAC) M-10. Also known as the Ingraham MAC-10.

Context matters. I don't think Mac10 interferes with the MAC-10's trademark any more than nicknaming Andy Dalton The Red Rifle did or several different garages countrywide named McDonald's Auto Body

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back