PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Luck is Better Than Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsBoy12

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Okay, so see if you follow me here. There is one thing that Luck absolutely does better than Brady, but I'm not sure it's enough to push him over the top of Brady. Luck tackles extremely well. It seems he's always the one making the tackle after he throws a pick. He made the tackle on one of his picks today. I'm pretty sure he is the one who made every tackle after the picks against NE. He did miss two, I believe, on Dennard's and Talib' TD's. But, yup, he made the tackle on Revis in the AFCCG last season. So, yeah, I rest my case.

What do you all think?:D

He better tackle well because he throws a lot of interceptions.

I think he's a fantasy football star and will never win a ring so long as Tom Brady plays football.

He better tackle well because he throws a lot of interceptions.

I think he's a fantasy football star and will never win a ring so long as Tom Brady plays football.

Not today he wasn't.

I'm starting to wonder if he'll ever live up to the hype. He clearly cannot read defenses like many after three full seasons. Many guys have "a big arm" and incredible athleticism.

Okay, so see if you follow me here. There is one thing that Luck absolutely does better than Brady, but I'm not sure it's enough to push him over the top of Brady. Luck tackles extremely well. It seems he's always the one making the tackle after he throws a pick. He made the tackle on one of his picks today. I'm pretty sure he is the one who made every tackle after the picks against NE. He did miss two, I believe, on Dennard's and Talib' TD's. But, yup, he made the tackle on Revis in the AFCCG last season. So, yeah, I rest my case.

I think it's incredibly foolish to be making these kinds of posts and threads based off of one game. People here seem to have already forgotten about how the first four weeks of last year shook out.

I think it's incredibly stupid to be making these kinds of posts and threads based off of one game. People here seem to have already forgotten about how the first four weeks of last year shook out.
No real football analysis in the post at all. Just having fun, fun police. Thanks anyway. Hey, at least one person understood with the smiley.

Edit: And just some context, it was meant to poke fun at the ranking from a day or so ago. Luck could have the greatest year of his career and it wouldn't make him better than Brady to me.

Edit 2: I even brought up Dennard and Talib? LOL

Edit 3: This is my last one. I wonder if dude ever even read the post . . . probably just read the thread title and maybe the first sentence and hit reply.

Last edited:
I think it's incredibly foolish to be making these kinds of posts and threads based off of one game. People here seem to have already forgotten about how the first four weeks of last year shook out.

I wish you would name these people that you keep complaining about. If I'm one then I plead guilty. I forgot about the first four games last year by week five last year. And now all I can remember from last year is the greatest defensive play in NFL history.

As for Luck, we have far more than one game of his to form an opinion. He suffers from the same malaise as his pal Peyton. He plays like crap against us. What games have you been watching?

In all seriousness, it's kind of funny to see how the media is treating Luck the exact same way they treated Peyton. Clearly neither him nor his team are at the stage yet where they are serious Super Bowl contenders, yet everyone is all to eager to anoint them as the champions.

Week 1 guys....week 1

Week 1 guys....week 1

But they've been saying this about him for the past 3+ years now and every time I've seen Luck play he hasn't impressed me. Granted, I don't watch every single game that he plays but against the Pats (and some other teams) he doesn't look like anything special.

And if you're last name is "Luck" and you're playing on a team who's symbol is a horseshoe, how do you not wear number 7?

Buffalo is a tough place to play for a lot of QB's, like Rodgers last year for example..

Luck does everything better. When he throws picks its not his fault because the receivers ran the wrong route and should have fault for the ball more. When Brady throw picks he too old and it is the end of the world.

HA HA, that's funny right there.

Exactly what happened the first 4 weeks are you referring to. Is this a patriot related statement or a league-wide observation? I do know in the 16 games Andrew Luck appeared in he threw 16 INT's and lost 6 fumbles.

If he's going turn the ball over 22 times a season he better become a good tackler.

I still think Luck is one of the most overrated players in the NFL. I think he is a very good QB, but I don't know if he truly is elite. He is too much of a gun slinger and over relies way too much on his primary WR and tends to go into a funk if opposing teams can take away that receiver.

Luck is better than Brady at fumbling in the pocket. Sorry but that is the only thing he is better at than TB.

Awesome QB on paper vs. Awesome QB in reality.
If the competition is throwing balls 90 yards through hoops and stuff I'll take Luck. If it's the last 2 minutes of an important game I'll go Brady. edit: if it's a real football situation, I'll take Brady

I don't have anything about Luck, but I'm pretty boring when it comes to greatness. I'll say it when I see it, I'm not big on predictions.

If there's one thing I've learned it's that hype can't make anyone great. I see guys with tons of hype and it's like they have to prove they're not great, then others take years to prove they are because of draft position.

Luck is very good, but ten more years the way he played last year won't make him great, and I'm not predicting him to be anything but what he is now.

I'm not saying he can't be great, I'm just not predicting it without seeing it. Don't forget how hard it is to win Super Bowls. Even guys who IMO have been great struggle to win even one.

"Future HoFer".... Imagine what they're saying about Luck... I don't care that his D is soft. NE scored 45 pts ! That means Luck had ample time to touch the ball. 7 pts is all he could muster. Gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back