PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Low priced free agent deep threat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PYPER

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I'd like to pick this guy up. Check out Matt McGuire's scouting report on him from 2009 (link below). Its been dead-on. He predicted the guy would struggle early in his career and would be overrated based on his measureables. He also predicted that he could emerge as a starting quality wr after 3-4 years. That has yet to be seen but based on McGuire's accuracy on him thus far, he's worth a look.

Can't you just imagine the irony of the guy busting out after leaving the Raiders to join the Pats?

So who is this mystery player....check out the link below.

WalterFootball.com: 2009 NFL Draft Prospects - Darrius Heyward-Bey Profile

fat-kid-fail.jpg

I've been banging this drum for a while but I'm afraid he's buffallo bound Stevie is recruiting him.
It be nice if we had a damn recruiter.

no one unfortunately

There are several low priced deep threats. Several low priced deep threats that are any good is another story.

I kinda liked Laurent Robinson when he was a free agent last offseason. He might be worth a value deal to give a tryout in camp. But that is the kind of receiver you can find, a damaged product that you can take a flyer on.

I've been banging this drum for a while but I'm afraid he's buffallo bound Stevie is recruiting him.
It be nice if we had a damn recruiter.

Are you seriuosly afraid of losing free agents to Buffalo? That's almost like Yankees fans being afraid of losing free agents to the Royals or Pirates.

He won't be talking to the Bills. He'll be talking to "the" Bill. He actually played pretty well in 2011. He could be on the verge of breaking out if he lands with the right team/quarterback.

We could cut him in camp if he doesn't pick up the system. Bust is what they called Vrabel (without the high selection). Hell, we took a shot on Anthony Gonzalez last year. Sign the Beast .......

Heywerd-Bey? Or our 1st rd pick, Tavon Austin?

Austin won't be there when we pick....

Agreed. And Austin is what 5' 8.

We not done with midget receivers already.

I would definately give this a shot. pay him 3 or 4 this year. then draft someone.
still money left to look after D.

Now if only they can find a way to get 2 or 3 more draft picks.

Welker is gone. Long live Amendola.
Next man up

and all those other cliches.

Go pats!

I'm ok going the bulk route on WR now, picking up as many low-priced but high ceiling guys as we can and seeing what shakes out in camp. The problem here is, I don't think Heyward-Bey has a high ceiling in this offense, and I think some eager team will make sure he doesn't have a low-price because OMG SPEED!

I agree with you completely....would LOVE To see how Heyward-Bey could progress with Tom Brady throwing to him....would be at least worth a flyer...no? Guy will probably get snatched up pretty quick anyways....

I'd like to pick this guy up. Check out Matt McGuire's scouting report on him from 2009 (link below). Its been dead-on. He predicted the guy would struggle early in his career and would be overrated based on his measureables. He also predicted that he could emerge as a starting quality wr after 3-4 years. That has yet to be seen but based on McGuire's accuracy on him thus far, he's worth a look.

Can't you just imagine the irony of the guy busting out after leaving the Raiders to join the Pats?

So who is this mystery player....check out the link below.

WalterFootball.com: 2009 NFL Draft Prospects - Darrius Heyward-Bey Profile

I thought BB likes ex-raiders :) .....that throwing the crap on the wall contest has begun!!!

I agree with you completely....would LOVE To see how Heyward-Bey could progress with Tom Brady throwing to him....would be at least worth a flyer...no? Guy will probably get snatched up pretty quick anyways....

Well he can't be worse than Stallworth... Can he? But I dunno, he's not exactly known for his route running ability. I'm not sure he could pick up the Pats read option offense. Heyward-Bey has speed to burn, but does he have it in the football IQ department?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back