PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Losing to the Jets: Good or Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobDigital

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I didn't see this asked but maybe i missed the thread. Do you think it was good or bad the Patriots lost to the Jets?

Bad: Pats need to win against Miami to lock up the #1 seed so could potentially not get it (but i think they are getting a bye no matter what). They don't get the option to rest certain guys.

Good: Pitt lost and now if the Jets win against the Bills Pitt is out (which i am happy about).

Maybe: The Pats played the Jets 2 times... If they need to play them again in the playoffs I don't see them losing the series particularly if McCourty, Edelman and Vollmer all play.

What do you think?

The Jets are a more complete team than Pitt and they certainly don't fear us.

But that aside, losing to the Jets is never a good thing. IDGAF if beating them results in dropping a spot in the draft.

**** the jets.

I couldn't ever call a loss to the Jets a good thing. Understandable given the health of the Pats, but not good.

Games against the Jets tend to be messy and high drama in the end. If the Steelers were this juggernaut that needs to be avoided in the playoffs, then they likely would not have dropped a critical game to a hated division rival when it mattered the most. I expect the Jets, Chiefs and Steelers can give the Pats challenges for different reasons, but challenges nonetheless. All can be beaten.

I didn't see this asked but maybe i missed the thread. Do you think it was good or bad the Patriots lost to the Jets?

Bad: Pats need to win against Miami to lock up the #1 seed so could potentially not get it (but i think they are getting a bye no matter what). They don't get the option to rest certain guys.

Good: Pitt lost and now if the Jets win against the Bills Pitt is out (which i am happy about).

Maybe: The Pats played the Jets 2 times... If they need to play them again in the playoffs I don't see them losing the series particularly if McCourty, Edelman and Vollmer all play.

What do you think?

Rapeburger won the superbowl twice. Ryan Fitz has no playoff experience.

If losing to the Jets was all about choosing which of these teams make it to the playoffs, Bellichick chose wisely.

It's always bad to lose, especially to the rats. Yuck!

It was good for me.

The Pats are a proud confident bunch a loss to the Jets always is bitter. Who ever sees the field in the Miami game is going to be fired up and looking for redemption.

I think it's going to light a fire that is going to carry in to the play offs. Playing for pride and all. Regardless of injuries.

So yeah, good for the pats

There is no thread on this topic because the answer is obvious.

And Happy New Year

Thx. Happy New Year to you Zoo.

It was good for me.

The Pats are a proud confident bunch a loss to the Jets always is bitter. Who ever sees the field in the Miami game is going to be fired up and looking for redemption.

I think it's going to light a fire that is going to carry in to the play offs. Playing for pride and all. Regardless of injuries.

So yeah, good for the pats

NOTE: respectfully disagree, by definition: losing=bad. Losing to jesters =horrible.

You cant base your own success on expecting someone else to take care of your business (ravens beating squeelers or hoping bungles beat donkeys)

Only good thing out of loss is bumping the jester draft pick up. But that is just a silver lining on the raincloud.

If the loss allows us to see Pittsburgh sitting home on Sunday evening, while allowing a re-focus of sorts on the entire team, then all the better. In that instance I will be in the minority who would consider losing a completely meaningless 2015 regular season game to the Jets as "good" in this very rare case. Let them win their biggest game of the season. Good for them.

In terms of which team I'd fear less, it's clearly the Jets--who barely beat us with our "B squad" on the road. Yes, they pose a defensive threat, and those types of teams can always give us problems, but I think we'd fair much better at Gillette should they somehow win their next 2 on the road to even get there. I think the Jets are much less likely of going to Cincinnati and winning in the wild card round than say the Steelers, so I'm not really even that concerned with the prospect of facing the team.

There are losses and there are "losses", considering all the injuries and out makeshift offense and both starting safeties being out.. this is not an end of the world type loss.. the Philly loss is more in the category of a "bad loss"..

To have come back with the skilled players we had available and tied that game was remarkable.. this will not show up in the w-l column, but nonetheless it is a confidence builder that any adversity can be over come..

Even though I am a "true believer" thought from the onset the Pats seemed to have reached the "tipping point" of no return..

It was bad. As some have said, who can stomach a loss to the Jets? It would have been better to get the win, lock up HF and rest whomever you wanted to this week. Now we have to play to win if we want the No. 1 seed, which I think we do (and BB thinks so too). It was a bit of an afterthought/consolation prize that us losing may keep Pittsburgh out, but who knows if facing an inconsistent Steelers team is worse than facing a surging Jets team.

Last edited:
Why is everyone afraid of Pittsburgh? The jets have a better d-line.
Agree but the Steelers have a much better offense that could the Pats defense some problems.

The Jets defense won't be able to stop a healthy pats offense. The first game was only close because the Pats dropped about 10 passes but the media only brings up the Marshall drop.

Pats should be fine against either team though.

Neither good nor bad, but I did get the feeling that if this game was a must win for us, we would have gone harder for it. It felt we where on 2 gear throughout the whole game, decided to shift gears in intensity in the 4th quarter.
We will see if we see them again.
Why I am ambivalent about good? I see our offense being in trouble at times, if we get the Steelers in the playoffs, I know they can put up points on their day, I just don't like the odds of them having their offense hot and meeting ours cold. The likelihood is too high for me. So the Jets winning and dimming the Steelers hopes in the playoffs was a trade off I did not mind making.

What do you think?

Once the Pats get most of their players back (from injuries), they can beat anyone. :D

The way "we" lost the game was almost as bad as the denver game - not taking the bleeping ball in ot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back