PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Losing to the Jets: Good or Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree but the Steelers have a much better offense that could the Pats defense some problems.

The Jets defense won't be able to stop a healthy pats offense. The first game was only close because the Pats dropped about 10 passes but the media only brings up the Marshall drop.

Pats should be fine against either team though.

Steelers can put up points. But the Steelers have no defense. The Pats D has improved from game 1, and the Steelers add Bryant to the mix. It would be a shootout, but if the Pats return enough of the offense, then I expect the Pats D will slow the Steelers enough to win. Brady was flawless in that game, and was hitting passes at will. The x-factor is Bryant. The Pats will return without Lewis and Solder, but a defense that is playing better (3 sacks in that game, and I would expect more now). I expect the Pats underestimated Williams as RB (he was the backup to Bell at the time), and will not do that again.

The Jets don't have a great offense, but have a defense. I would hope the game looks a little more like their first meeting, but that was no cake walk either. The Pats still are seeing drops (although that game was ridiculous).

Neither is the best answer I can come up with. It certainly wasn't good to lose, especially after the 4th quarter comeback. But I think the bad is compensated by the fact that we could come back with so many key players missing.

I also have a sneaky suspicion, however, that this might be a BB strategic move. By the time we went to overtime the Steelers had already lost. If we had won the game the Jets would have an even smaller chance of making the playoffs playing away to the Bills (Rex with vengeance in mind), while all that Ben has to deal with is the Browns. With our loss to the Jets both they and the Steelers have to play their hardest, in both the final game and the wild card round as well. The chances are that whoever becomes the final wild card will have an uphill struggle, and possibly an increased number of injuries. We on the other hand can continue to rest key players, and hopefully win against a demoralized team in Miami.

Since writing this I noticed that the Browns will be QB'd by Austin Davis, and our party to Miami is missing Nink, Hightower, Volmer and Edelman amongst others. - maybe the loss wasn't so bad after all (but still not good).

Losing is never good.
Losing can be acceptable (as it will happen).
Losing to the Jets? Why would we ever classify it as good?

Losing to Jets is always bad. This really comes down to Chung and McCourty. I felt like Marshall ran wild last week due to lack of safety help. The Jets are clicking right now and to me are a similar threat as Pittsburgh.

I would have much rather watched Jimmy Gangster in there tomorrow while all the wounded watched from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back